Lake county Vs. Mckenzie

bballchamps

Seems to me that 5 of our first 7 games are region games and are on Union City's schedule and 6 are on McKenzie's schedule. We have alot of respect for McKenzie but none for Union City. You can't accept the fact that McKenzie who is a single A West TN team beat you. Get over yourself. You are not the region champs this year and can't be now. I would be cheering for McKenzie to if I were you. The one good thing about Friday nights game between the Rebels and the Falcons, everybody there will hate Union City. For you to hate Lake County so much you must have been reading the Falcon Review because you sure do know alot about Falcon Football. Wipe your eyes and shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks McKenzie

Big talk from a perennial also-ran....

By the way,I'm not rooting for McKenzie,but when they wipe the field with the Falcon's butts and eat all their catfish,you will be a believer...ALL HAIL THE REBELS!!!!...REGION 7-1A CHAMPIONS....

Falcon Review??..School newspaper??

Look at the non-region schedule,something that LC could strengthen and get ready for the playoffs instead of renting wins for a good record....

McKenzie-Dresden,Trenton Peabody and Huntingdon

Union City-Westview,Milan and Obion Central

Lake County-Byhalia,Ms,Fulton Co,Ky and Halls

Lake County couldn't beat any of those non-region teams UC or McKenzie played..Everybody in the region has to play their region opponents genius,that is mute point..

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County will not beat McKenzie.....Am I writing off Lake County in this game???...Yes I am...I have a big check mark already in the win column for the Rebels....As far as packing a car and hitting the road...Unless UC makes it to The Boro,I won't be packing anything for them....I'll be there anyway though...

Lake County has not proven it can win the big game....LC is awesome against Greenfield,Gleason,South Fulton,ect..They couldn't hold on to a 21-0 haltime lead against a UC team that has laid down when they get behind big this year..They couldn't beat UC last year when they had the game in Tiptonville and they couldn't beat McKenzie...Then they didn't even show up in the playoffs against Fayette Acd....McKenzie is a much better team than Union City and will be more than a challenge for the Falcons...So,make your reservations to Jackson or Somerville cause that's where the Falcons are headed...

As for a reason LC is 6-1???..I'll give you SEVEN....

1.Byhalia,Miss.

2.Union City

3.Fulton Co.,Ky.

4.West Carroll

5.Halls

6.Greenfield

7.South Fulton

The ONLY half way decent team in that 6-1 record is Union City and the Falcons LOST to them....McKenzie and Lake County's schedule doesn't even compare...Trenton,Dresden and Huntingdon as non-region games have put the Rebels in more than a than a good position,competition wise, for a playoff run..They have already played 4 teams better than the one they will see Friday night...

All good points. Lake County has the POTENTIAL to be the best team in the region, and they have the POTENTIAL to beat McKenzie. But like many have said, they haven't shown it yet. Yes, they lost to UC and McKenzie last year. Did you actually SEE that LC-McKenzie game in '05? Quite possibly the best high school football game played in West Tennessee in the last 10 years (if you like offense). Can't make any excuses for losing to UC this year, but they did. Heck, Auburn is about to lose to Arkansas right now, and they're a LOT better team. So the better team doesn't always win.

I will say this right now: McKenzie, go ahead and overlook Lake County. Go ahead and start looking ahead to the playoffs. IF...and that's a big IF...Lake County shows up to play and competes with intensity for four quarters like they did last year at McKenzie....the Falcons will win. If LC plays like they have in every game this season...meaning they come out strong in the first half then put it in neutral at halftime...they get beat by at least 2 TDs. You can turn it off at halftime against Greenfield, South Fulton, Gleason, Halls, Byhalia, etc....but not against McKenzie.

By the way,I'm not rooting for McKenzie,but when they wipe the field with the Falcon's butts and eat all their catfish,you will be a believer...ALL HAIL THE REBELS!!!!...REGION 7-1A CHAMPIONS....

Look at the non-region schedule,something that LC could strengthen and get ready for the playoffs instead of renting wins for a good record....

Lake County couldn't beat any of those non-region teams UC or McKenzie played..Everybody in the region has to play their region opponents genius,that is mute point..

It won't show up in the box scores or on any regular season schedule, but LC played the most ambitious pre-season schedule I've ever seen. They played Brighton, Dyersburg, Covington and Humboldt just to name a few. So yeah, LC hasn't played much competition in the regular season, but they have faced bigger, stronger teams this year, when conditions were a lot tougher as far as heat/humidity. And they held their own against all of them.

LC could have played a stronger non-conference schedule, but keep in mind that when this schedule was made out, this was a program coming off 0-10 and 3-7 seasons. UC and McKenzie loomed in the region, and Bruceton and West Carroll were kicking everyone's butt. Fulton County and Halls are local rivals that don't require a long trip (and we have a ton of those to make already). Don't know where Byhalia came from, although I think we had someone else scheduled in that spot and they dropped us at the last minute and it was the best we could do. And there's no sense getting half your team hurt against Milan or Obion Central or Crockett County when you've only got 22 players or so to begin with.

As for saying LC couldn't beat any of the non-region teams UC or McKenzie played....UC went 0-3 against those teams, too.

You need to worry about Obion Central who is a perennial loser and a never was or will be. Quit downing LC program ,if you do not have nothing good to say then say nothing.I do not know if the falcons can beat Mckenzie or not but they will be ready to play.

All good points. Lake County has the POTENTIAL to be the best team in the region, and they have the POTENTIAL to beat McKenzie. But like many have said, they haven't shown it yet. Yes, they lost to UC and McKenzie last year. Did you actually SEE that LC-McKenzie game in '05? Quite possibly the best high school football game played in West Tennessee in the last 10 years (if you like offense). Can't make any excuses for losing to UC this year, but they did. Heck, Auburn is about to lose to Arkansas right now, and they're a LOT better team. So the better team doesn't always win.

I will say this right now: McKenzie, go ahead and overlook Lake County. Go ahead and start looking ahead to the playoffs. IF...and that's a big IF...Lake County shows up to play and competes with intensity for four quarters like they did last year at McKenzie....the Falcons will win. If LC plays like they have in every game this season...meaning they come out strong in the first half then put it in neutral at halftime...they get beat by at least 2 TDs. You can turn it off at halftime against Greenfield, South Fulton, Gleason, Halls, Byhalia, etc....but not against McKenzie.

I will debate people like you bigwes68,because you don't go off the deep end....lcfalconfever wants to spew words like "hate","get over yourself" and"shut up"..You can't debate that....That just makes them look silly...I have no axe to grind with Lake County...I just don't voice my opinions with Green and Gold colored blinders on..I don't voice my opinions with Purple and Gold blinders on..I have been more than critical of my alma mater..I don't tip-toe around the die-hard LC fans that get on here and don't think their posts out and just type....I think it's pretty clear from my signature that I'm a Rebel supporter(OC)....Anything is possible,but McKenzie with their non-region schedule, has prepared themselves more for this game and the playoffs by playing that schedule...High school athletics aren't like college athletics...In high school things pretty much work out the way they are supposed to...These two teams are not that evenly matched to be honest...McKenzie will bring better overall football players to Lake County..Lake Co does have good athletes..No question...But,there is a big difference between football players and athletes.....Lake County has been fooling around with cupcake non region opponents and it will hurt them in this game and down the road....It's clear that Lake County has not exactly got it done when it comes to "big games"..Until they do so,they will have to rely on past history for thier arguments,when they did win state championships...They haven't done it in awhile and they are set up to finish third again in this region...

Remember lcfalconfever...This is high school football, not life or death...You might want to try "getting over yourself"Bring it with facts why you think LC will win this game instead of name-calling and jealousy talk... :blink:

Edited by backinthaoc

I will debate people like you bigwes68,because you don't go off the deep end....lcfalconfever wants to spew words like "hate","get over yourself" and"shut up"..You can't debate that....That just makes them look silly...I have no axe to grind with Lake County...I just don't voice my opinions with Green and Gold colored blinders on..I don't voice my opinions with Purple and Gold blinders on..I have been more than critical of my alma mater..I don't tip-toe around the die-hard LC fans that get on here and don't think their posts out and just type....I think it's pretty clear from my signature that I'm a Rebel supporter(OC)....Anything is possible,but McKenzie with their non-region schedule, has prepared themselves more for this game and the playoffs by playing that schedule...Lake County has been fooling around with cupcake non region opponents and it will hurt them in this game and down the road....It's clear that Lake County has not exactly got it done when it comes to "big games"..Until they do so,they will have to rely on past history for thier arguments,when they did win state championships...They haven't done it in awhile and they are set up to finish third again in this region...

Remember lcfalconfever...This is high school football, not life or death...You might want to try "getting over yourself"Bring it with facts why you think LC will win this game instead of name-calling and jealousy talk... :blink:

Please tell me that this is not Lake Counties homecoming?

I got heat for saying this before the season, but McKenzie is a better football team than they were last year. Better defense and a running game will do that.

Big fan of Coach Barger and what he's done in LC. But McKenzie has proven thus far to be a step above. Backinthaoc makes a very valid point regarding scheduling...the Rebs have played a much tougher schedule to date than have the Falcons. Scrimmages are nice, but it's not the same as playing on Friday night.

You can also bet McKenzie will NOT be overlooking LC. That would be stupid, especially considering that a win basically wraps up the 7-1A championship. So you guys don't need to bother going there.

McKenzie wins the game, takes the region, and makes a run at Murfreesboro in November.

I got heat for saying this before the season, but McKenzie is a better football team than they were last year. Better defense and a running game will do that.

Big fan of Coach Barger and what he's done in LC. But McKenzie has proven thus far to be a step above. Backinthaoc makes a very valid point regarding scheduling...the Rebs have played a much tougher schedule to date than have the Falcons. Scrimmages are nice, but it's not the same as playing on Friday night.

You can also bet McKenzie will NOT be overlooking LC. That would be stupid, especially considering that a win basically wraps up the 7-1A championship. So you guys don't need to bother going there.

McKenzie wins the game, takes the region, and makes a run at Murfreesboro in November.

When you lose a guy like Drew Hayes,it's easy to say the team won't be as good...But you were right,they are much more balanced than last year...They are better than last year..They are a better football team than Lake County...As for scrimmages,I was all about Lake County's preseason scrimmages,but that was along time ago now and McKenzie has played tough teams when the lights were on and it counted....Lake County has been playing what amounts to JV teams out of region play....

Mckenzie won't be overlooking anyone, success also comes with failure. If you use the river as an example, a wave will rise and fall but the water still remains the same level. A football or team sports in general will have spurts of glory and failure. A true team has a period of dominance but all will have periods of lack luster times. We haven't been dominant in anything in a while, but we would love to have some of the times others have shared. Our coaching staff has preached about committment, desire and focus. And I hope they maintain that energy throughout the season. Good luck to you and your respective Teams. May all these young men enjoy thier years in the lights it's over way to soon. And let's hope for an injury free game. And a Big Ole REBEL WIN!!! run the table baby.

That would be m-o-o-t, you are no genius either. I usually respect your posts, so tell me something, who made you so mad at the Falcons.

Perennial also ran? There are football programs in West Tennessee that would fit that description but it doesn't fit the Falcons. Be rational, I know you can do it I have seen you do it. If our running back that got hurt against South Fulton can play at full speed I certainly think we can move the ball on the Rebels. You have seen the Rebels defense and I haven't but we moved the ball on them last year so tell me why you don't think we can do the same this year. Give me some of your insight.

Seems to me that 5 of our first 7 games are region games and are on Union City's schedule and 6 are on McKenzie's schedule. We have alot of respect for McKenzie but none for Union City. You can't accept the fact that McKenzie who is a single A West TN team beat you. Get over yourself. You are not the region champs this year and can't be now. I would be cheering for McKenzie to if I were you. The one good thing about Friday nights game between the Rebels and the Falcons, everybody there will hate Union City. For you to hate Lake County so much you must have been reading the Falcon Review because you sure do know alot about Falcon Football. Wipe your eyes and shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks McKenzie

I think I recall at one time not to many days ago the McKenzie Rebels were AA as well. Correct me if I am wrong.

After Mckenzie gets through with the Falcons on the 13th the Green/Gold/White Jersey's the Falcons will be wearing will be all green from being on their backside from the BIG Line of McKenzie. They will ahndle the Falcons just as easy as they did the U C Team. Can't wait til the playoffs when U C & L C meets up again because this time the entire game will be ours, not just the second half. You Lake County fans just can't get over being beat by the Purple & Gold of Union City. You wouldn't play us in our latter of being in the AA for a " Rent A Win " for us and now you have no choice. Just like it usually is, take notes and learn.

Good Luck McKenzie. You will have NO Problem with the Falcons. Oh, the only problem you might have is all of the smoke from the Hamburger Grills drifting across the field from time to time.