Lake county Vs. Mckenzie

bballchamps

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what the McKenzie fans are doing right now. True, Lake County hasn't played anyone as good as McKenzie. But I don't think McKenzie has played anyone with the offensive firepower of Lake County, either.

bigwes68....I know you are smarter than that... :thumb:

I'm just saying that Lake County is going to put plenty of points on the board. LC's lowest scoring output so far was 28 points against Union City. And we all know what happened there. And yes, I know, the schedule has been weak. We've established that, don't have to go there again. But here's some numbers to crunch:

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME (McKenzie opponents):

Trenton -- 27.1

West Carroll -- 16.6

Dresden -- 12.3

Greenfield -- 11.7

Huntingdon -- 14.7

Bruceton -- 27.2

Union City -- 21.6

Lake County -- 38.8

COMBINED RECORD OF OPPONENTS ALREADY FACED:

McKenzie -- 20-29 (19-30 w/o UC's forfeit win over Milan)

Lake County -- 15-36 (14-37, same as above)

--McKenzie still has not played Gleason (1-6) or South Fulton (0-7)

--Lake County still has not played Gleason (1-6) or Bruceton (3-4)

COMBINED RECORD OF ALL 2006 OPPONENTS:

McKenzie -- 21-42

Lake County -- 19-46

COMBINED RECORD OF NON-CONFERENCE OPPONENTS:

McKenzie (Trenton, Huntingdon, Dresden) -- 10-11

Lake County (Byhalia, Fulton Co., Halls) -- 8-15

So when you look at it that way, LC's schedule doesn't appear THAT much weaker than McKenzie's. Who's to say LC couldn't beat a 1-6 Dresden team, too? Yes, LC most likely would have lost to Trenton as well. And Huntingdon is clearly not its usual self, LC might have beaten them, too...who knows?

And the numbers don't lie on the average points per game...so I stand by my statement that McKenzie has not yet faced a team with the offensive firepower of Lake County. And LC could have scored more than that if they had wanted to. The Falcons are going to put a good number of points on the board, I'd say 30 at the VERY least (assuming everyone is healthy and playing). The key will be if they can stop McKenzie from doing the same. Which is definitely a tall order. And so, I stand by my earlier score prediction of 46-42, LC (although the weather will be another determining factor, it's supposed to be COLD).

I'm just saying that Lake County is going to put plenty of points on the board. LC's lowest scoring output so far was 28 points against Union City. And we all know what happened there. And yes, I know, the schedule has been weak. We've established that, don't have to go there again. But here's some numbers to crunch:

Trenton -- 27.1

West Carroll -- 16.6

Dresden -- 12.3

Greenfield -- 11.7

Huntingdon -- 14.7

Bruceton -- 27.2

Union City -- 21.6

Lake County -- 38.8

McKenzie -- 21-42

Lake County -- 19-46

So when you look at it that way, LC's schedule doesn't appear THAT much weaker than McKenzie's. Who's to say LC couldn't beat a 1-6 Dresden team, too? Yes, LC most likely would have lost to Trenton as well. And Huntingdon is clearly not its usual self, LC might have beaten them, too...who knows?

And the numbers don't lie on the average points per game...so I stand by my statement that McKenzie has not yet faced a team with the offensive firepower of Lake County. And LC could have scored more than that if they had wanted to. The Falcons are going to put a good number of points on the board, I'd say 30 at the VERY least (assuming everyone is healthy and playing). The key will be if they can stop McKenzie from doing the same. Which is definitely a tall order. And so, I stand by my earlier score prediction of 46-42, LC (although the weather will be another determining factor, it's supposed to be COLD).

Interesting summation if your a numbers person, which I am not, u can look at my bank account and see that, LOL. Mckenzie will win and win big over a number crunching, game hoping, we barely lost to Union City crying, third place in the region again, team. Why? Uh? Hmm? I said so that's why. How's that? And where the heck is Boyette's?

Interesting summation if your a numbers person, which I am not, u can look at my bank account and see that, LOL. Mckenzie will win and win big over a number crunching, game hoping, we barely lost to Union City crying, third place in the region again, team. Why? Uh? Hmm? I said so that's why. How's that? And where the heck is Boyette's?

Get to Samburg and go thru. Keep looking on your Left. You'll see it before you get to Tiptonville. Blue Bank is also a good one and I've eaten there but, can't remember exactly what to look for with it since it was a pretty good while back when I went there. You won't go wrong with Boyette's though. Just make sure to do a buffet thing or you could be late. :thumb: Does anyone know if Boyette's has a buffet line now????

Heck, I may eat at Hig's it sounds so good.

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get to Samburg and go thru. Keep looking on your Left. You'll see it before you get to Tiptonville. Blue Bank is also a good one and I've eaten there but, can't remember exactly what to look for with it since it was a pretty good while back when I went there. You won't go wrong with Boyette's though. Just make sure to do a buffet thing or you could be late. :thumb: Does anyone know if Boyette's has a buffet line now????

Heck, I may eat at Hig's it sounds so good.

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Higs? I'd rather eat at the county jail. And I do know the difference. But boyette's is where I'm headed. Get ole Bigwes to meet us there and we can talk football.

Higs? I'd rather eat at the county jail. And I do know the difference. But boyette's is where I'm headed. Get ole Bigwes to meet us there and we can talk football.

If I weren't in Knoxville, I'd be glad to. I could go for some good ol' Boyette's catfish and country ham right now, seriously. :thumb: Boyette's doesn't have a buffet line, but get there early and you should be OK. Their service is usually pretty fast. If Boyette's is packed, Lakeview or Blue Bank are good options, too (you'll pass both of them before you get to Boyette's).

I'll be at a game Friday night in East Tennessee...but I'm not going to say where quite yet (it's usually best if officials don't divulge where they're going on the message boards, you know).

If I weren't in Knoxville, I'd be glad to. I could go for some good ol' Boyette's catfish and country ham right now, seriously. :D Boyette's doesn't have a buffet line, but get there early and you should be OK. Their service is usually pretty fast. If Boyette's is packed, Lakeview or Blue Bank are good options, too (you'll pass both of them before you get to Boyette's).

I'll be at a game Friday night in East Tennessee...but I'm not going to say where quite yet (it's usually best if officials don't divulge where they're going on the message boards, you know).

Sometimes it's best if officials don't even divulge where they've BEEN that week if you know what I mean!!!!!!!!!! :thumb::lol: Hey, I'd forgotten about Boyette's country ham!!!!!!!!!! The last hour on here has me about to starve to death!!!!!!!!!!! Wes, is either Lakeview or Blue Bank on the Right????

Ya'll quit it!!!!!!!!! NO more talk about food the rest of the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to everybody and lets all hope for an injury free game!!

MRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trenton -- 27.1

West Carroll -- 16.6

Dresden -- 12.3

Greenfield -- 11.7

Huntingdon -- 14.7

Bruceton -- 27.2

Union City -- 21.6

Lake County -- 38.8

McKenzie -- 21-42

Lake County -- 19-46

Me,you,Butchie,duckman and bigster could score 38.8 points per game against Lake County's schedule....

You are comparing apples and BIG ORANGES when you compare points scored by Lake County and points scored by Trenton,Dresden and Huntingdon versus their schedule....You just can't do it...Lake County is a good 1A football team but you can't compare level of talent in 1A football to 2A and 3A....This isn't basketball...

Trenton -- 27.1

West Carroll -- 16.6

Dresden -- 12.3

Greenfield -- 11.7

Huntingdon -- 14.7

Bruceton -- 27.2

Union City -- 21.6

Lake County -- 38.8

McKenzie -- 21-42

Lake County -- 19-46

I've seen both teams play and unlike every one else that seems to think Lake Co gets tired and just roll over in the second half,,,in that U.C. game..Lake had run the ball inside the 10 and instead of having a 1st and goal were looking at a 4th and 15..That was a huge play..And with 4 minutes to play L.C. had a 4th and 1 at about the 3o yard line and could have sealed the game only to be called for a false start..Again..instaed of 4th and 1..it's now 4th and 6 and we decedided to punt..But we lost and give U.C. credit...now..as far as the Rebels ..yes they look better than last year...The quarterback has a good arm..But..On a couple of those long passes he floated the other night..don't be surprised to see Sep Valentine and Springer intercepting a couple..It also looked to me that he favors throwing to his right a lot more...Just something Lake Co players may notice in films..And ..those onside kicks..Surely Lake Co has seen this already..I know sometimes it just happens in recovering an onside kick..but I hope the Rebels try it a bunch Friday night and give us less yardage to score...The Rebels look to have several good backs but I believe the L.C. speed will fool a lot of people....Another key could be if Yancy is healthy..I saw several times in the U.C. game if Yancy would have had the ball in the same situation..with his speed ..he would have scored..I've heard Yancy was okay..and I also heard he was doubtful..Doew anyone in L.C. know his status? I don't believe this game is going to be a blowout like most Rebel and U.C. fans think..Butchie..I hope your son is ready for a little Springer and Yancy..And better not forget about Sep Valentine either..