Farragut @ Ooltewah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is for the 2-5A championship. Besides each other, both teams play Oak Ridge and Soddy Daisy. Neither will lose to Soddy, and with a two game lead on the rest of the field, this one if for first place.

That will make for a very interesting game. I thought coming into the season Farragut would take the region and Ooltewah would probably come in third behind Oak Ridge. Farragut was bringing back some horses and Ooltewah was retooling.

However, in a very surprising year, Oak Ridge is not as tough as it normally is (I agree, they will be back next year, and they still have some bite, so neither FHS or OHS better look at that game as a guaranteed win). At the same time, the Ads have had some unexpected bumps along the way, and Ooltewah has been a real surprise to me.

General thoughts: Offense--Edge to the Owls; Defense--Edge to the Ads. Experience a little bit of a toss up, but probably edge to the Ads; Special teams--close but edge to the Owls; Depth--edge to the Owls who can play three deep in some positions; homefield advantage--edge tot he Owls.

So, this only goes to show that this game is going to be very close. Speicial teams, turnovers, penalties will all make a huge difference. Farragut has seemingly had Ooltewah's number the last few years; Ooltewah kind of snuck up on everyone this year in a rebuilding year, but seem to be getting better each week. Both teams were very fortunate to get by WB earlier in the year. In the end the Owls look to win this one in a hard fought game, maybe by a field goal late in the fourth quarter, and turn the tables a little on a team they always have trouble with. But, it really could go either way; no surprise here if Farragut wins this one.

I've seen both teams play. My edge would probably go to Farragut, except this one is down at Hooterville. It is tough to win there. I look for a close game, with a reasonable chance that the Owls go down.

It all depends on the how the ball bounces. The teams are fairly well balanced.

I think the Admirals RB is better than what I saw with Ooltewah. When the Owls played WB, the stud back basically started telegraphing that he wasn't going to be involved with the play by just slowly walking to his position. This occurred during the 3rd and 4th quarters when Ooltewah started passing more. When he was involved he tended to trot up to his position. There was only one time (in the late 3rd and 4th quarters) when my assessment was wrong, and it was a "delay" sort of play where they handed to him late and then he took off. Even some of the other WB fans started noticing it. I'm not sure, but he acted as if he might have been playing hurt.

I look for a good one.

I've seen both teams play. My edge would probably go to Farragut, except this one is down at Hooterville. It is tough to win there. I look for a close game, with a reasonable chance that the Owls go down.

It all depends on the how the ball bounces. The teams are fairly well balanced.

I think the Admirals RB is better than what I saw with Ooltewah. When the Owls played WB, the stud back basically started telegraphing that he wasn't going to be involved with the play by just slowly walking to his position. This occurred during the 3rd and 4th quarters when Ooltewah started passing more. When he was involved he tended to trot up to his position. There was only one time (in the late 3rd and 4th quarters) when my assessment was wrong, and it was a "delay" sort of play where they handed to him late and then he took off. Even some of the other WB fans started noticing it. I'm not sure, but he acted as if he might have been playing hurt.

I look for a good one.

So your saying Farragut is the better team because Ooltewah's running back doesnt run up to line.. Ooltewah 20 Ads 13

Oh Man if we win I'll be happy. I hate Farragut more than I hate any other team at any level in sports. They were complete jerkwads in the playoffs last year, with their announcer cheering for their team over the intercom. That's completely unexcusible. Not to mention their beating of Ooltewah at the end of 2004 which cost us our playoff position.

Ooltewah by 17.