Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

It is very hard for me to figure out the 7AAA seeds for the district Tournament but of course the top four winners will go to region. IMO, Lebanon will have a direct impact on the Tournament results. It is recognized this team is inexperienced as far as being tournament tested but lets look at what they have done so far. Lebanon has played everyone very close this year so far. Playing Lebanon in Lebanon and also in your gym is exciting for fans but is about as much fun as sticking straight pins in your fingernails for the teams that has to play them. For instance, Cookeville beat the at Lebanon 30-27 after having to out score them 16-4 in the last quarter. Cookeville really doesn't match up with lebanon but for some reason does not play them but one time this year in regular season. oakland has to go to Lebanon after beating the by only 6 at oakland. Riverdale has to go to Lebanon after acknowledging their game at

Riverdale was very physical and played very close. and lebanon then goes to Siegel for their last regular season game of the year. As a side note, in between those games they play mt. Juliet and Wilson Central. Wow.

I'm really not sure your 7AAA seedings will hold up when White is playing better and could have an impact on some of those teams, especially when you have to travel to Sparta and try to get out of there alive.

While this is another subject but it has been one all season, this District needs Warren County to step up and field some competitive teams. While players play hard, it is more and more evident what they are trying to accomplish is not working. All schools and teams go thru those cycles but................... enough said about that.

Predictions are predictions and the posters here see the logic but if District 7 hangs their hat on these, they could change as soon as tomorrwo nit and surely by the middle of next week and then the wild cards start coming in. Fans in this Distrct have a chance to see all styles of play with some of the very high profile players in the state and its a good time to get out and see your team.

Well, I'm glad I read through this post. Cookeville does play Lebanon for a second time during the regular season on January 30. And just to be clear, they play all district opponents twice, one at home and one away.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm glad I read through this post. Cookeville does play Lebanon for a second time during the regular season on January 30. And just to be clear, they play all district opponents twice, one at home and one away.

True, got my info from the Tennessean and they don't have it listed on your schedule and TSSAA may have your schedule messed up also as they have Oak Ridge on it which you may be playing or not. Appreciate you clarification of the date and i will change it on the T schedule.

True, got my info from the Tennessean and they don't have it listed on your schedule and TSSAA may have your schedule messed up also as they have Oak Ridge on it which you may be playing or not. Appreciate you clarification of the date and i will change it on the T schedule.

Both schedules on CoachT are correct in regards to this game.

Didn't realize you were a moderator. SQUAD saw the game and simply made an observation.

You have done more to perpetuate this issue that anyone.

Burt just shows his arrogance with his public comments. He critizise his players for lack of execution in a game that his team was held to 45 pts(20 below average) and didn't even consider the preparation and execution of the opposing team.

We'uns, up here in the sticks, know we aut not try and compete with you'uns down in the big city, but it's fun to try.

Oh, and if word count is a critieria for becoming a moderator, then PHARGIS is a lock. :D

Honestly, I enjoy 90% of your posts, but some are just so long, I don't read through them.

That's priceless! :D

I think when it is all said and done, the 4 teams that will advance to the regional tourney against disrtict 8AAA will be in order of seed (1) Riverdale (2) Cookeville (3) Siegal and (4) Oakland. I think they will play (1) Shelbyville (2) Lawerence County (3) Columbia and (4) Franklin County. I know I left out Lincoln County, who I feel has as much talent as any team, but they are not playing good right now. Looks to me like this year's region will be evenly matched, although I think district 8AAA from top to bottom is a stronger conference. One more thing, the districts are held at Lincoln County so they could get in there.

after tonight lincoln co and lawrence co are fighting for 2nd and 3rd whoever gets it gets into the region and franklin co and columbia are 4th and 5th

riverdale beat siegel 51-44

Edited by mjuhb

UMMM, no that's another poster, 2priceless.

WARREN County was absolutely routed tonight by Cookeville 73-24. It was a tied score 9-9 early in the 1st quarter when Cookeville reeled of the next 40 points in a row to go up 49-9 at half time. Warren County is absolutely the worse defensive team in the state. I blame this on coach eades, we may not have the talent of most of the teams we play, but playing defense is just finding 5 girls who want to hustle to the ball. We are so out-of--position defensively its embarrassing. and offensively we didn't score for 2 quarters!! inbetween the 1st and 3rd quarter. I think that anyone who has played us has seen girls starting or on the bench that can shoot a basketball,and to not score for 2 quarters in a high school basketball game is unbelievable.

great job tonight bu my LADY WARRIORS i have already thank Jessica for shooting the ball but i will do it again THANK YOU JESS!!!(LOL) when jess started shooting siegel had to start gaurding her so that opened the inside up it was sooo sweet siegel did a good job guarding alex tonight everytime she touched the ball around the 3 point line there were 2 girls guarding her they did a nice job on her i dont know how many points she got but she did a good job distributing the ball after the trap our girls did real nice moving the ball around and shooting when they were open like i said before relax everything will be OK and they looked god tonight

GREAT JOB LADY WARRIORS

after tonight lincoln co and lawrence co are fighting for 2nd and 3rd whoever gets it gets into the region and franklin co and columbia are 4th and 5th

riverdale beat siegel 51-44

There was an eerie feeling as i walked in to the Nation at 5:30. Every other year was built with anticipation of the upcoming game and usually there was a line by that time. Sure there was the anticipation and you could feel, as the two teams warmed up. that this was something special. In some quarters Riverdale was healily favored but really no one knew what to expect. The crowd was about in the 1200 range and it was thought that the Blackman Oakland game in the boro tonite took away from the games at Siegel as Siegel was looking usually for a sell out.

As everyone knew would happen, AML took over the game starting the 1st quarter but Siegel countered with a box and 1 but found an unexpected player hiding on the side and Whitten chipped in with 9 points the first half.Siegel was behind at half 28-17 and had a hard time with the Riverdale defense. Siegel came back the third quarter and was only down by 5 at the beginning of the end of the third quarter. Siegel started fast in the fourth and brought the lead down to only two and Riverdale would not let them counter and maintained the lead until Sieel had to foul and AML and Bivins hit foul shots and ran away with the win 51-44. The game was very close even to the end. Siegel hit only 4-13 at the foul line while Riverdale hit 10 for10. Turnovers were just about even with Riverdale having 12 and Siegel 11. Riverdale had 16 fouls and Siegel had 14. Siegels defensive strategy was a box and 1 against Bivens who had usually played Siegel very well and it worked.as Bivens only scored 4. The box and one, for basketball technicians was a classic as Alex Bivins and Morgan Faulkner played each other on both ends and the match up was as good as you might get. Siegel was not expecting Whitens to score as many as she did and Davis to score as she did. There was no doubt AML was going to score. Oh by the way Siegel lost 51-44. Siegel deserved to have played the game closer as lanning scored 8-8 on the foul line most in the last quarter when Siegel was trying to catch up. It was a tough game and both teams will remember this one as it was big for Riverdale. i will post the box a little later.

Edited by PHargis