USJ at Humboldt

JPM62

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

idk about that whole incident...but about the game...USJ came out fired up and scored on a lot of big plays...one of our starting corners pulled his hamstring back in the GC game last week and wasn't able to play tonight so that caused us to put AD out there at corner...but like i said...USJ had big passing plays that pretty much scored all of their points...humboldt did a good job by not freaking out and kept their composure to seal off the win...im going to the trenton westivew game tomorrow night...gonna be a good matchup

First off, I disagree with the USJ fans complaining about the Milan fans. They were just there and had every right to watch. Unless something else happened, I have no problem with that.

Off of that subject, lets talk about the game!

It was mostly a game of offense and every defensive stop was critical.

The final score was 35-32. That is a huge difference between the other "blowout" posts! People need to think before they post things like 42-3!

If you have any stats on the game, please post them.

That's all I'm saying we didn't casue any trouble just wanted to watch. Had no intentions of trouble just wanted to see a good ball game(which we did) and see if usj could help us out. You can't get on to someone just because you think they might do something esp. not at a HS football game.

I was listening to the AM hum. station but I thought I heard donald had 281 yards and 4tds. It was kinda hard to hear but thats what I thought I heard.

I knew this would be a close game. Most teams are a great matchup for usj since no one runs their offense. Esp. Humboldt who often struggles with the preperation part of the game.

Yea I was there. And usjs crazy offense posed a problem for humboldt who looked lost on defense but they won the game because humboldt has much better athletes esp. on the offensive side of the gall i.e. Adrian Donald.

From what I've heard of the game, it sounds like Humboldt's "much better athletes" had a tough time covering USJ's receivers. I also heard USJ ran the ball well which definetley helped the passing game. Also, the person I talked to (my dad) was extrememly impressed with Donald and said he has incredible field vision.

Edited by KublahKD

Youre proving my point for me. Humboldt struggled in coverage because of usjs crazy offense and poor preperation. And Donald is one of the much better athletes.

Crazy offence. It's called the West coast, not crazy. Your hard on coaches. Tell me this What do you think of a coach that has his starters in with 5 min to go in a 27-0 game. And one of his star running backs gets hurt because he wanted to score one more time.

Youre proving my point for me. Humboldt struggled in coverage because of usjs crazy offense and poor preperation. And Donald is one of the much better athletes.

It could also be possible that USJ has some good athletes at WR, particularly Chris Muir who I hear had a great night.

But, I agree with you that's one of the positives of USJ's offense, most teams around here have not seen it. I was actually expecting a couple of the other region teams to start running the spread/west coast after seeing USJ do it, but that hasn't happened yet. I wouldn't call it a "crazy offense" though. It's been around since the '80s with Bill Walsh and the 49'ers. Personally, I think the WingT, Veer, and Option are "crazy offenses." Also, I'm sure the 7-2A scout team receivers LOVE USJ practice week, because it's prolly the only time those guys get to catch any passes all year!

Edited by KublahKD

And it's the Milan posters who are obsessed with usj and the past? If usj players would have played like men we'd never be discussing this.

In high school football the "west coast" 5 wrs screens and hitches is a crazy offense. How many other teams do you see run it?

Actually Humboldt ran hitches tonight!

And it's the Milan posters who are obsessed with usj and the past? If usj players would have played like men we'd never be discussing this.

In high school football the "west coast" 5 wrs screens and hitches is a crazy offense. How many other teams do you see run it?

Maybe nobody else runs it, because, as you said, nobody else can coach it.

Alot of teams do but not on every play. I know we run it two or three times a game. I think USJ ran the ball twice in the first half against us. And I'm not being critical of it. It works well for ya'll. And from what I can see its probably the best thing because ya'll arent real big and if you tried to line down and outhit people I don't think ya'll would have even been close in many of these game. I'm just saying everyone is a good match up for usj because almost every team in west tn want to line down and run over you. usj wants to line up 5 wide and throw all over the place. Teams are not used to seeing that.