time for staff changes in Huntingdon?

MustangGuru

Idk but lately all i have been hearing around town is its time for some newer and younger blood on the coachin staff in huntingdon. well i would have to say that mansfield and pritchard are the two of the best coaches in west tennessee. BUT..... i do feel maybe wambles may not fit into our program as well as we thought he would. i dont know about yal but i kno its times like last week where i really missed Coach Swenson.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk but lately all i have been hearing around town is its time for some newer and younger blood on the coachin staff in huntingdon. well i would have to say that mansfield and pritchard are the two of the best coaches in west tennessee. BUT..... i do feel maybe wambles may not fit into our program as well as we thought he would. i dont know about yal but i kno its times like last week where i really missed Coach Swenson.

As a Mustang fan, I understand how we get spoiled and don't like it when the team is not playing as well as we think they should. However, this is not the place to down coaches or players.

You seem to want to lay the blame on the offensive coordinator. Maybe we haven't put up as many points as we have in the past but if you notice we have let teams score more points on us this year than we have in the past. We are running the same defense, with the same defensive coordinator.

I believe the coaches will tell you they have made some mistakes at times this year. However, if you have been watching the games you will have to admit that execution on the field is where we are hurting the most.

I think if Huntingdon had been healthy all year this topic would not be on the board. I do think the Stangs have a depth problem. I also think the barrell is about empty as the younger teams have been getting beat by most jr. high programs of equal size or smaller. I feel the coaches are doing thier job, things have just not fallen into place as they have in the previous 3 years.

Well, we have lost 3 two way starters and possibly a 4th last friday night. All of them were 2 year starters with alot of experience. Do the math, that is 8 positions. Our go to running back and linebacker has been hurt all year and will probably not be 100 percent all year. Hmmmmmmm! Must be the offensive coordinators fault. They are not out of it this year and I dont think they will be. They will also be loaded up pretty good next year IF THEY STAY HEALTHY.

I agree w/ what most of you are saying. Its not the coaching or lack there of. Any team that has been bitten by the injury bug like you guys have will struggle. And if you guys are not as deep as you have been in the past, that is huge. All teams have their down year and when you have been so succesful as H-Town, it is hard for some to swallow. You guys will bounce back.

I dont know if we need to change our coaches but i am tired of seeing us give up every time we get down by 14 points. The last three weeks we left atleast two timeouts in our pockets. There is no excuse for that. If your going to lose go down fighting. Just because there is only 8 mins left and your down by 14 and the other team has the ball doesnt mean it is time to quit. Its happened 3 times and it has to put a bad impression on the players.

Huntingdon is going to have to pull a pittsburgh steelers from last year. Win their final 8 games (thats what im wishing for anyway). But as far as the wing t, i dont think its a great offense when that is all you run because it can cause your team to become soft. But when you mix it with the I as they did in 2003 and 2004 you can go along ways. The only problem with the wing t this year is that i dont know if we have two running backs that are good enough backs that you could place at the wings. Maybe mccadams and weathers with donald at fullback. i dont know what they are going to do but we have to change something. donald rushed for 200 yards when he was a freshman and the only play he ran the whole game was g.

As a Mustang fan, I understand how we get spoiled and don't like it when the team is not playing as well as we think they should. However, this is not the place to down coaches or players.

You seem to want to lay the blame on the offensive coordinator. Maybe we haven't put up as many points as we have in the past but if you notice we have let teams score more points on us this year than we have in the past. We are running the same defense, with the same defensive coordinator.

I believe the coaches will tell you they have made some mistakes at times this year. However, if you have been watching the games you will have to admit that execution on the field is where we are hurting the most.

Stangfan,

I totally agree...it is plain tacky and wrong to try and blame this season on the Off Coordinator..That logic dont fit since the offense and defense seem to do alright last year.

Coaches coach...players play!

People just need to admit we are not as good as weve been in the recent past and quit making excuses. Without the injuries we are probably better than 3-4....but we are not dominant in any category that I see against solid competition.

We need to get off the coaches and this team needs to take care of business on the field. :D

I agree