time for staff changes in Huntingdon?

MustangGuru

We knew Camden would have a good team but as far as brutal... Naw... Don't pat yourself on the back too much. I said you out played us the entire game except for the opening drive but guess what. If you don't block the punt you don't score. I wouldn't think a 10-52 all time record against the Mustangs is something to crow about. I know you don't have a choice in what region you're in but in 7-AA you'd be fighting it out for 4th place with us and Westview. Camden should have an 8-2 record every year... I really do think you have a good team but as far as beating Goodpasture in the quarterfinals.. Naw... "Props back at you", as you say... :rolleyes: Good luck to you the rest of the season.

First of all let me please apologize to you for people who get on here an talk about Huntingdon that are from Camden. Obviously, these people know NOTHING about the game other than what they watch on Friday Night and on the weekend. They obviously do not know what it takes to run a program. Anyone in the know would never get on here and say idiotic things like are being said. We, Camden, were fortunate to beat a Tradition Rich Program and are very proud of it, but to say that we are contenders for a state title is rediculous. That has to be proven before that statement can be made. The people on here from Camden, just be glad of what you have done this year and the last 2 years and quit putting other programs down, just because you beat a good program for a change.

Again, we apologize for any negativity towards ANY program. That is not the style or class that this program is about.

By the way...Huntingdon would be stupid to think any of these coaches need to move on. They are the best thing for that program and that town.

Edited by runitup

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been alot of good points made on this thread. I know Wambles pretty well and can tell you he might be alot of things but a good loser is not one of them! I guarantee you NOBODY wants to win more than him. Do I agree with every call? Absolutely not. I'd love to see us get back to running the ball down peoples throats, but sometimes you gotta play the hand your dealt. Our best lineman was lost on the second series of the year because he stepped on a refs beanbag and tore his ACL...... If that's not a sign I dont know what is. Things have gone downhill from there. As snakebit as we have been it's really not fair to judge anybody I dont guess. Like somebody said referring to 2003, they had enough depth they could get better in practice. We've been busy every week plugging a new player into a position or positions because 2 or 3 went down the game before. Lets see what happens over the next three weeks before we rush to judgement......If things dont look up THEN we fire the bum!!! :thumb: I'm joking, I'm joking!!! :rolleyes: Everybody remember somebody put For Sale signs in Swenson's (The dumbest man in Huntingdon as I affectionately used to call him) yard after we lost to Harpeth in the 1st round in 2001.

There have been alot of good points made on this thread. I know Wambles pretty well and can tell you he might be alot of things but a good loser is not one of them! I guarantee you NOBODY wants to win more than him. Do I agree with every call? Absolutely not. I'd love to see us get back to running the ball down peoples throats, but sometimes you gotta play the hand your dealt. Our best lineman was lost on the second series of the year because he stepped on a refs beanbag and tore his ACL...... If that's not a sign I dont know what is. Things have gone downhill from there. As snakebit as we have been it's really not fair to judge anybody I dont guess. Like somebody said referring to 2003, they had enough depth they could get better in practice. We've been busy every week plugging a new player into a position or positions because 2 or 3 went down the game before. Lets see what happens over the next three weeks before we rush to judgement......If things dont look up THEN we fire the bum!!! :thumb: I'm joking, I'm joking!!! :rolleyes: Everybody remember somebody put For Sale signs in Swenson's (The dumbest man in Huntingdon as I affectionately used to call him) yard after we lost to Harpeth in the 1st round in 2001.

Actually it was after the Mckenzie game that happened. Your reply about coach swenson certainly shows that things don't change in Huntingdon and that running down coaches is a family tradition here. I think that says it all.

Actually it was after the Mckenzie game that happened. Your reply about coach swenson certainly shows that things don't change in Huntingdon and that running down coaches is a family tradition here. I think that says it all.

Yeah, but I would usually only call him that to his face. And there was usually a couple of more adjectives used. One thing about old Eric was he could take it as well as dish it out pretty good too. I miss the idiot. :thumb:

Yeah, but I would usually only call him that to his face. And there was usually a couple of more adjectives used. One thing about old Eric was he could take it as well as dish it out pretty good too. I miss the idiot. :thumb:

Oh man, I was good friends with coach and he and I bantered back and forth every saturday. If you didn't know us you'd think we were fighting. He did a good job, but should have gone to Alcoa. He always said that the offensive coord. in Huntingdon is the dumbest man in carroll coutny.

Edited by DearOldDad

Well, I wasn't dissing Hdon. I hope you guys get it together for a run.

And as far as Camden and Westview back to back being brutal, it is. You guys suffered some injuries in both games.

So good luck :thumb:

I wouldn't say stepping on the ref's bean bag after a Camden fumble and tearing your ACL is exactly brutal... Nor would I say pulling a hammy against Westview is brutal either...Maybe my definition of "brutal" is a little different than what is taught in Benton County... :P Good luck to you too..

Edited by Mr. Mustang

Sorry Stang Fans. I didn't mean to step on any "toes" over there. You have a tremendous program with a lot of pride. I do enjoy a victory over H'town, and it's not like you all don't make massive posts when you are up and running a normal Huntingdon year. Let's just say Mansfield retired (not that he's going to). But let's just say that he did. Would the H'town herd of ponies want Swensen back as the head pony herder? Do you think he would come back if asked?

Sorry Stang Fans. I didn't mean to step on any "toes" over there. You have a tremendous program with a lot of pride. I do enjoy a victory over H'town, and it's not like you all don't make massive posts when you are up and running a normal Huntingdon year. Let's just say Mansfield retired (not that he's going to). But let's just say that he did. Would the H'town herd of ponies want Swensen back as the head pony herder? Do you think he would come back if asked?

I for one wouldl be absolutely thrilled if coach swenson came back as head coach for the mustangs. No disrespect for Mansfield at all he is a great coach and deserved every bit of credit for making huntingdon football what it is today. But i think that Swenson was a perfect fit here in huntingdon and if anybody were to repace mansfield here in huntingdon any time in the near future i think mansfield wouldnt want anyone else to replace him Swenson is a great coach and a offensive genious. But i dont think we will see the end of Mansfield for a couple of years anyways.