Sullivan South @ Unicoi County

HiGipper

:DYou completely mistook what Coach Cooper was trying to say No, I completely understood what Cooper did not say but should have said! You have to understand that for this Unicoi team, making the 4A playoffs for the first time in school history is the primary goal. And evidently at any cost! All he was trying to say is that we have to put this game behind us and concentrate on our next two opponents. All he was trying to do was to discount S South. He meant no disrespect He meant nothing but disrespect based on his (lack of) actions. look at it from a coach's point of view. I am looking at it from a coaches point of view...he proved he is no coach. Although I will certainly acknowledge the poor officiating (from both angles), There is one grandstand at Gentry Field...we all so it from the same angle...don't make me quote details. I won't let the head coach's words be used against him. Even if it makes his players look like fodder? The fact of the matter is we have two games left on our schedule and winning both of them would solidify our spot in the 4th seat of the playoffs. The fact of the matter is that by the method you tried to win by last night you do not deserve a spot in the playoffs. You have the right to be critical about the fans and the officiating but please don't drag the team down. The Blue Devils gave you all as hard of a fight as we possibily could and we respectively lost to a better team. You need to learn to read...I have given total respect to the Devil players. but make the separation between the fans / officials and the team itself. The separation is the point! The coach, the fans, the officiating are not deserving of the calibre of team that exists in Unicoi County. Your boys deserve better! I've said it once and I'll say it once more...The Unicoi coaches, fans and most importantly referees owe Sullivan South an appology. We know we won't get it so what goes around comes around.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:You completely mistook what Coach Cooper was trying to say No, I completely understood what Cooper did not say but should have said! You have to understand that for this Unicoi team, making the 4A playoffs for the first time in school history is the primary goal. And evidently at any cost! All he was trying to say is that we have to put this game behind us and concentrate on our next two opponents. All he was trying to do was to discount S South. He meant no disrespect He meant nothing but disrespect based on his (lack of) actions. look at it from a coach's point of view. I am looking at it from a coaches point of view...he proved he is no coach. Although I will certainly acknowledge the poor officiating (from both angles), There is one grandstand at Gentry Field...we all so it from the same angle...don't make me quote details. I won't let the head coach's words be used against him. Even if it makes his players look like fodder? The fact of the matter is we have two games left on our schedule and winning both of them would solidify our spot in the 4th seat of the playoffs. The fact of the matter is that by the method you tried to win by last night you do not deserve a spot in the playoffs. You have the right to be critical about the fans and the officiating but please don't drag the team down. The Blue Devils gave you all as hard of a fight as we possibily could and we respectively lost to a better team. You need to learn to read...I have given total respect to the Devil players. but make the separation between the fans / officials and the team itself. The separation is the point! The coach, the fans, the officiating are not deserving of the calibre of team that exists in Unicoi County. Your boys deserve better! I've said it once and I'll say it once more...The Unicoi coaches, fans and most importantly referees owe Sullivan South an appology. We know we won't get it so what goes around comes around.

I feel like there are much more productive methods of venting than coming on to a high school football blog and ripping a county's coach and fans; not to mention supposing a conspiracy between an official and Unicoi. If you're that disturbed about the officiating (and I'll admit that that is justified), than write the TSSAA- file an official complaint against that official- provide a copy of the game film- contact your athletic director to request that he never officiate another game you play. Take positive action.

If your coach's reasoning for keeping starters in the duration of the game or to keep the ball in the air was based on his frustration against the official in quesiton, then he is wrong. He would have punished the Blue Devils on the field and no one else. If he based his decision on toning up his passing game or polishing his run blocking for the post season, then I see no reason to criticize him. Either way- He owes no one an apology. I'm saying that he needs not apologize for his own actions- that being said- how can you expect Coach Cooper to aplogize for the actions of everyone else? Do you want an apology for the officiating...seek one from the TSSAA. Do you want an apology from the fans...seek one from the athletic director (he's the game administrator).

I'm not going to disrespect you by breaking down your post sentence by sentence, but point blame and accusations at those who deserve it. And, more importantly, take action that results in a solution- rather than ranting anonymously on a public website.

To the other Sullivan South fans and players, congratulations on a sharp/decisive victory. I will not let the opinions of one person bring down my feelings about your system and community. Stay healthy and continue backing your Rebels- you all have a great team to cheer for every Friday night.

Edited by Hustle_Will_Win

I know that we will take the right actions on the officiating in this game and they will not be on the same field as us again. I know Unicoi has to see what we were seeing in this game and going forward they shouldn't want these same officials on the field as well. No matter how you feel about a team or person you must make the right calls and that did not happen. Curt was in on the 2point conversion and the officials were not even back for the extra point attempt that they called no good and how many times did we get in the end zone to have it called back for a holding call along with all the other penalties that let Unicoi continue there drive. It was obvious on there intentions and a disgrace.

I will give the Unicoi all the credit in the world for a well played game and I understand keeping the starters in and throwing the ball in the 4th quarter did look bad and I am sure it was a message that he wanted to send in which he may regret but you have to see both sides.

But the game is over except for the officiating part and it will be talked about more and more because I do not want to see this again even in our favor because it is a disgrace to high school and there are kids that are killing there self to win a game that they do not want anyone or anything taking it away.

Now lets focus on the rest of the season and work on what we need to work on and Win the MLC outright.

Edited by SSREBEL

We lost a 16 year old student to an auto accident.

A well liked and good student. My son was with him at the Hospital in ICU and was very upset. It is said that everyone in High school will lose a friend or someone they know in an accident. Being a Parent I now understand how hard it is to see your children start driving and kids really do not understand and think that these things cannot happen to them. I only hope we all learn from this and it wasn't for nothing.

There Family will be in our Prayers.

i guess in Sullivan County a real gentleman runs the score up instead of running the clock. Thats two weeks in a row he's done that.

Last night the rebels went into the game really tight! After losing a classmate... we knew that they would be either really aggressive or really tight! Fortunately they worked things out early and played a good game! That is a sign of a real champion! Thanks SETH for all your support! With that said...........

The fact of the matter is sometimes when you are fighting against "more than the opponenent" you need to make a statement! The refs were TERRIBLE tonight! The players on BOTH teams deserved more than that! So.... if and when the refs and the coaches let the game "get out of hand" like that..... then I say KICK THEIR BUTTS with no regrets! Stacy and and the South players deserve more respect than that from the refs and the fans!!!!! They got respect from the players, for the most part..... and I do think there will be some formal complaints sent to the TSSAA for the horrible officiating! We have film of the game.... and it is pretty easy to see the crap calls! Anyway, with that said.... GREAT JOB REBELS!!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

Even as a South fan I have to agree about running up the score. Why are we in Shotgun and throwing to hurry and score in the fourth quarter with a 22 point lead? when we should be running out the clock and going home (THINK COACH)because we had chances to score earlier and you messed up and even if no one else says it I will apologize to Unicoi for that but I am not going to apologize for being on the field after the game when your band was coming out. Get them to play before, at halftime even Saturday but you can't get redneck when you do not tell anyone and if you did announce it I think you need a better PA system.

Yes the officials were useless among a few other words I would like to use but we shouldn't use that to get mad at Unicoi and show them up. They played a hard game and the official we are speaking of shouldn't be on a football field ever again. Please someone watch this game film from TSSAA and do something about it because this isn't the only time he has messed up.

Ok the hurry up offense is to break records in the 4th Curt needs just one more to tie the single season record. and when you tie something from there on is just making it almost untouchable for someone to achieve

Ok the hurry up offense is to break records in the 4th Curt needs just one more to tie the single season record. and when you tie something from there on is just making it almost untouchable for someone to achieve

They aren't trying to get Curt 'records'. If it happens, fine. Winning is the objective. Curt could have all the records by now if the coaches wanted that. They've pulled him in the second half lots of times over the last couple of years. He'll have all the records by the time his career is over here at South.

"readnoevil"... I guess its okay to "speak evil"! What is your deal? Have you been at the games lately? If the coaches wanted to just break records and pad stats .... they could have kept Curt in during the second half of any of 3 games(this year, and several last year!) including the Happy Valley game, Central game, or the Johnson County game! That didn't and doesn't happen! The game at Unicoi was played the way it was to make a statement! I am tired of "hasbeens" talking "smack" about stats and all kinds of crap! Do you want South to win and to earn some respect or would you rather have us continue to be the "stepchild" of Kingsport forever?! Get over yourself and either respect and support "your" players and coaches or get the heck out and leave us alone! After all, these are just high school players, doing what their COACHES TELL THEM TO DO..... either your with us or your against us! You can't have it both ways! Stacy Carter has done a GREAT job with this team.... these boys love each other, they repect and support each other.... its too bad that the "community" doesn't follow their lead! Yes, no program is perfect and no coach is perfect... but give all of us a break..... could you do better? Enough said!!!!!!!

The game at Unicoi was played the way it was to make a statement! ........................... Do you want South to win and to earn some respect or would you rather have us continue to be the "stepchild" of Kingsport forever?!

What statement were they trying to make? I don't think you earn anybody's respect by trying to run up the score. You can blame it on the referees, you can even blame it on the opposing coach (which in this case would be idiotic), but running up the score is not generally viewed as a classy thing to do.