Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are just eat up with envy…its pitiful!!!! NEWS FLASH…an athlete from THIS REGION going D1…that’s big news!!! Why don’t you stop being so jealous of Omar and be happy that he is going to be one of the VERY FEW athletes that will represent this area at the NCAA level at any sport!!! And YES HIS SCORES ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!! Otherwise schools at that level wouldn’t even waist their time! Get a clue!!! I know that there are big rivals here in N.E.T. but with all of the MEDIOCRE talent that we have to contend with, you would think that we could all recognize and appreciate an exceptional athlete when we see one…regardless of what school he or she attends. GROW UP AND GET A LIFE!!! :angry: If you can’t appreciate his basketball talent, then congratulate him for getting his education at (from the looks of it) a prestigious higher educational institution FOR FREE!!! THAT”S RIGHT…GRATIS (that’s Spanish for “free of charge” for those of you that didn’t get the scholarship money)!! :thumb:

You people are just eat up with envy…its pitiful!!!! NEWS FLASH…an athlete from THIS REGION going D1…that’s big news!!! Why don’t you stop being so jealous of Omar and be happy that he is going to be one of the VERY FEW athletes that will represent this area at the NCAA level at any sport!!! And YES HIS SCORES ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!! Otherwise schools at that level wouldn’t even waist their time! Get a clue!!! I know that there are big rivals here in N.E.T. but with all of the MEDIOCRE talent that we have to contend with, you would think that we could all recognize and appreciate an exceptional athlete when we see one…regardless of what school he or she attends. GROW UP AND GET A LIFE!!! :thumb: If you can’t appreciate his basketball talent, then congratulate him for getting his education at (from the looks of it) a prestigious higher educational institution FOR FREE!!! THAT”S RIGHT…GRATIS (that’s Spanish for “free of charge” for those of you that didn’t get the scholarship money)!! :angry:

It would be different if it was just one person who thought he was overrated but it is a TON of people. Can you honestly say that Omar is that much better than Coty Sensabaugh from DB or take last year, was he that much better than DeShaud. No, he isn't. He is a really good player for this area. Thing is, he would be just another face if he played in the Memphis area.

Look at all the good players SH had in the early and mid 90s. None of them went D1. Was Omar as good as Jovann Johnson?

Cap1, if there is so much mediocre talent in this area why don't you leave? I mean seriously, why are you continuing to hold yourself and your kids back living here?

You people are just eat up with envy…its pitiful!!!! NEWS FLASH…an athlete from THIS REGION going D1…that’s big news!!! Why don’t you stop being so jealous of Omar and be happy that he is going to be one of the VERY FEW athletes that will represent this area at the NCAA level at any sport!!! And YES HIS SCORES ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!! Otherwise schools at that level wouldn’t even waist their time! Get a clue!!! I know that there are big rivals here in N.E.T. but with all of the MEDIOCRE talent that we have to contend with, you would think that we could all recognize and appreciate an exceptional athlete when we see one…regardless of what school he or she attends. GROW UP AND GET A LIFE!!! :thumb: If you can’t appreciate his basketball talent, then congratulate him for getting his education at (from the looks of it) a prestigious higher educational institution FOR FREE!!! THAT”S RIGHT…GRATIS (that’s Spanish for “free of charge” for those of you that didn’t get the scholarship money)!! :lol:

Cap buddy, We Greeneville folks have our own D1 talent so don't go saying I'm jealous. Wiggins has some pretty good schools after him as well (check Unapproved Website...he is ranked 45th in the country in small forwards)and his scores are outstanding. So don't get on your high horse about the "mediocre" talent. We just think this recruiting thing has gotten out of hand. High school kids are having press conferences for crying out loud. That is just a little much. As for him being "one of the very few athletes to represent our area at the NCAA level"... well that was an asinine statement. Of all the sports participated in at every school in this area, boys and girls, there are quite a large number who have or will participate in sports at the NCAA level (div I, II, or III) Obviously you have forgotten the large number of div II and III schools in our area that have soccer, volleyball, golf, etc.Maybe you have heard of them... King..Tusculum... Emory and Henry...

Oh, by the way, "gratis" is latin, not spanish...I received a full academic from a scholarship from a D1 school...

Edited by barb

It would be different if it was just one person who thought he was overrated but it is a TON of people. Can you honestly say that Omar is that much better than Coty Sensabaugh from DB or take last year, was he that much better than DeShaud. No, he isn't. He is a really good player for this area. Thing is, he would be just another face if he played in the Memphis area.

Look at all the good players SH had in the early and mid 90s. None of them went D1. Was Omar as good as Jovann Johnson?

Coty Sensabaugh probably won’t get recruited for basketball…so YES. Deshaud is 5’10” 160lbs. “Better player”, I wouldn’t say that…Better D1 College prospect…YES.

Cap1, if there is so much mediocre talent in this area why don't you leave? I mean seriously, why are you continuing to hold yourself and your kids back living here?

You answered your own question…It’s MUCH easier to stand out here vs. Memphis. If you have any athletic ability at all you will always stand out in this area. This isn’t just my opinion…look around you. How many D1 scholarships do you see being handed out in this region? Let’s take Coty for example. What does Coty have over most kids in this area…come on be honest??? Coty doesn’t handle the ball much better, or shoot much better, or run better routs in football than others. Let me help you…he runs faster, jumps higher, and has more agility than MOST! All of that spells athleticism. And it’s not just a black thing…take Tyler Estep from David Crocket (2 years ago) for example!! :thumb:

Cap buddy, We Greeneville folks have our own D1 talent so don't go saying I'm jealous. Wiggins has some pretty good schools after him as well (check Unapproved Website...he is ranked 45th in the country in small forwards)and his scores are outstanding. So don't get on your high horse about the "mediocre" talent. We just think this recruiting thing has gotten out of hand. High school kids are having press conferences for crying out loud. That is just a little much. As for him being "one of the very few athletes to represent our area at the NCAA level"... well that was an asinine statement. Of all the sports participated in at every school in this area, boys and girls, there are quite a large number who have or will participate in sports at the NCAA level (div I, II, or III) Obviously you have forgotten the large number of div II and III schools in our area that have soccer, volleyball, golf, etc.Maybe you have heard of them... King..Tusculum... Emory and Henry...

Oh, by the way, "gratis" is latin, not spanish...I receives a full academic from a scholarship from a D1 school...

If you weren’t one of those mouthing off about Omar than I wasn’t referring to you. But sense you want to bring your “educated” self into this convo…let me start by echoing what Harris' hooligans said earlier “not a bad idea to have a press conference to get it all over with instead of having to do interviews with different newspapers or TV stations”. Everybody that follows high school basketball in this area knows Omar Wattad…so contrary to what some of you feel his motives are…bottom line he’s just making it easier on himself. And as far as Wiggins is concerned… If he were the topic of this post and there were haters on here dogging him…I would get his back too! I will however agree with you on the Div II and III thing. But Let me make myself clear…it’s not Emory or King or Milligan that we are talking about here. I’m talking about Vandy, Georgetown Umass, UNCW, and UTC…you know...ESPN worthy schools! How many people do you know representing on that level from this region???? I’m not even sure all of the hype about this “press conference” is true, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that when an athlete from this area is recognized on that level we should ALL give him or her props because it’s not a small accomplishment!!!! :thumb:

By the way…I didn’t go to a D1 school…or how you put it “I receives a full academic from a scholarship from a D1 school” :lol: …but I do know how to use a Spanish translation dictionary…your internet feed must have gone out on the day they had English grammar and Latin. :D:D:lol:

Coty Sensabaugh probably won’t get recruited for basketball…so YES. Deshaud is 5’10” 160lbs. “Better player”, I wouldn’t say that…Better D1 College prospect…YES.

You answered your own question…It’s MUCH easier to stand out here vs. Memphis. If you have any athletic ability at all you will always stand out in this area. This isn’t just my opinion…look around you. How many D1 scholarships do you see being handed out in this region? Let’s take Coty for example. What does Coty have over most kids in this area…come on be honest??? Coty doesn’t handle the ball much better, or shoot much better, or run better routs in football than others. Let me help you…he runs faster, jumps higher, and has more agility than MOST! All of that spells athleticism. And it’s not just a black thing…take Tyler Estep from David Crocket (2 years ago) for example!! :thumb:

That is maybe the worst post in the history of your moronic post on here.

There are plenty of good athletes in this area that are not good basketball players. Coty is a good athlete, yes, but he is a good basketball player because he does all those things well (shoot, ball handling). If all a basketball player does is jump high, run fast and be agile than most players then he will not be a good player around here or any area.

Here is an example...Take Teddy Gaines. Maybe one of the best athletes to ever come out of this area. So if we use your logic he should have been an all-conference b-ball player too, just because he was a good athlete.

I would imagine that there is just as many D1 scholarships handed out here than your average area. What are you compaing this area too? If you compare this area to Memphis or New York, then no, there are not as many being handed out. But if you are comparing this area to say Anytown, Missouri then I would say we are about average.

If you weren’t one of those mouthing off about Omar than I wasn’t referring to you. But sense you want to bring your “educated” self into this convo…let me start by echoing what Harris' hooligans said earlier “not a bad idea to have a press conference to get it all over with instead of having to do interviews with different newspapers or TV stations”. Everybody that follows high school basketball in this area knows Omar Wattad…so contrary to what some of you feel his motives are…bottom line he’s just making it easier on himself. And as far as Wiggins is concerned… If he were the topic of this post and there were haters on here dogging him…I would get his back too! I will however agree with you on the Div II and III thing. But Let me make myself clear…it’s not Emory or King or Milligan that we are talking about here. I’m talking about Vandy, Georgetown Umass, UNCW, and UTC…you know...ESPN worthy schools! How many people do you know representing on that level from this region???? I’m not even sure all of the hype about this “press conference” is true, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that when an athlete from this area is recognized on that level we should ALL give him or her props because it’s not a small accomplishment!!!! :D

By the way…I didn’t go to a D1 school…or how you put it “I receives a full academic from a scholarship from a D1 school” :thumb: …but I do know how to use a Spanish translation dictionary…your internet feed must have gone out on the day they had English grammar and Latin. :lol::D:lol:

You are the one who made the comment about the mediocre talent, so obviously you neded to be reminded about Wiggins. Nearly every kid that signs to play college athletics around here gets press coverage either on tv or newspaper. Most of the local press and media are on hand for the signing ceremony. If this press conference thing is true then one can easily assume the motive is self-promotion.

If you really want to know a word's origins the appropriate source is an etymology dictionary.

That is maybe the worst post in the history of your moronic post on here.

There are plenty of good athletes in this area that are not good basketball players. Coty is a good athlete, yes, but he is a good basketball player because he does all those things well (shoot, ball handling). If all a basketball player does is jump high, run fast and be agile than most players then he will not be a good player around here or any area.

Here is an example...Take Teddy Gaines. Maybe one of the best athletes to ever come out of this area. So if we use your logic he should have been an all-conference b-ball player too, just because he was a good athlete.

I would imagine that there is just as many D1 scholarships handed out here than your average area. What are you compaing this area too? If you compare this area to Memphis or New York, then no, there are not as many being handed out. But if you are comparing this area to say Anytown, Missouri then I would say we are about average.

Great post. Honestly at the end of the season, I would have taken Coty over Omar. Coty was killing teams, and Omar was struggling against this so called "mediocre talent". I think Omar is a great player. I think he deserves where he is going, but so do others around here.

[quote name='Cap1' date='Oct 10 2006 - 03:20 P …but I do know how to use a Spanish translation dictionary…your internet feed must have gone out on the day they had English grammar and Latin. :D:thumb::lol:

No just beginning typing!!! Have 2 degrees in English and took 3 years of Latin...no spanish though.Can't type worth a crap either and since "s" is next to "d" that happens sometimes.

there's obviously a big stretch in what kind of talent he has and what some are saying he possesses. if he's as good as the maurice miller's and seth skogen's of the world.. why isn't he being mentioned alongside them if he's getting D-1 offers as well? there's a lot to be told about one's talents in signing a UT-Chattanooga scholarship or calling a press conference to sign with a Vandy or a Georgetown, that's all i'm sayin.