Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cap, I still don't think high school kids should be having press conferences.(felt that way a few years back when that Sims kid had his to announce prematurely that he had committed to Tennessee, and the same a few weeks ago when the baby Clausen boy had his big bruhaha with the press)College choices are serious decisions for kids and parents and shouldn't be media events.

I think the words “press conference” was just a miscue of words. I don’t think his announcement will be any different than any other college singe in this area, and I don’t think it was meant to be. Anyway…if he were going to have a “press conference”, why would everybody get so worked up about it? The media would have had to agree that it was “press conference” worthy, so who are we to disagree????

Not tryin to argue with ya or anything but thats not hess. He doesnt care for much of this nonsense. He goes out every game and gets the job done. Hess is a great player and it would take a miracle to throw him off his game.

I agree!!!! I enjoy and admire Hess’s style of play! Just making sure. :)

Couple of clarifications from someone who knows a little bit about Omar's recruiting situation.

1. He does have a Georgetown offer. At first it was a offer that was conditional on him waiting until the spring because there's a chance that someone is going pro.

However, last weekend, he went to G-Town on a official visit to take in their opening practice with a number of committed and top players who were also offered.

2. He was offered by Vanderbilt, but they won't be a choice as both Omar and the VU coaches came to a decision to move in a different direction. Why, that was never really said, but he really liked Vanderbilt a lot but it seems as those with scouting or what have you, VU's program went elsewhere and Wattad respectfully was going elsewhere as well. He might still have some hope that they change their mind, but he contacted our site (VandySports.com of Unapproved Website) this morning to tell about his press conference, and said that VU will not be who he picks.

3. He was never committed to Chattanooga, and they have not been a candidate for him for quite a while. Apparently, according to Omar there was something going on, and somehow people believed he was committed to Chattanooga, when he had never decided that and wasn't even close to deciding them.

4. Some might think Omar is over-hyped or whatever, but he is a D1 mid-major prospect without a doubt with the possibility to develop into a high-major player with proper coaching or in the right system.

Anyways, I thought I would inject a little bit about this situation out of respect to Omar and his great day when he is able to make his choice for the next 4 years of his life.

Personally, I would like to see him go to Georgetown, cause I respect Coach Thompson there, but the UNC-Wilmington program is a solid program as well, so I think either way, he can't go wrong.

Its official. Hes a Georgetown Hoya. Thank you all for stating your opinions. He is better than all of you and you know it. He is going big time and it just eats at you Cougar fans inside. AAAAAAAh i LOVE IT! ANyways he is a Hoya and that was announced at his press conference that aired all day today on TV...Keep hatin.YOur just mad. COngrats young Omar. YOU DA MAN!

Its official. Hes a Georgetown Hoya. Thank you all for stating your opinions. He is better than all of you and you know it. He is going big time and it just eats at you Cougar fans inside. AAAAAAAh i LOVE IT! ANyways he is a Hoya and that was announced at his press conference that aired all day today on TV...Keep hatin.YOur just mad. COngrats young Omar. YOU DA MAN!

Well congrats to MR. All*STAR BASKETBALL PLAYER. Hope they can straighten out that cocky attitude down there. And I hope he enjoys those nice warm up jerseys and cushion seats. Cause I dont see any PT for him at a school that big.

Ok BROCK20, HESSFORPREZ and bigRENO…how do ya like your crow, fried or barbequed!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:lol::lol:

Georgetown is a good school and it is a great accomplishment for Omar to go there. Hope he does well. I am not "hating" on Omar, I still think he is the most over hyped player ever in this area though.

Cap1, you are all the time saying that this area doesn't have as many athletes and great players as other areas correct? Then you would think that a D1 player like Omar would be able to single handley at least send his team to the state. But yet he hasn't and will not again this year.

Wow, that pretty much sums up the attitude of "The Great One" himself. I am just glad that all of us are able to enjoy these posts by him, because it is obvious that heatplaya is "The Great One".

Edited by brock20