Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

It would be a sad day when one player could single-handedly take his or her team to the state. That wouldn’t say much for their conference or region…now would it? But contrary to what you believe, Omar has a squad with him this year so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the Borough.

By the way…you ate your crow with dignity and you gave it up (in your own way) for Omar’s accomplishment. To bad your little cheerleader couldn’t do the same. That’s why you’re Beavis and he’s Butthead. ;)

What do you mean eat crow? I knew Omar was getting recruited by those schools...anyone can look at Unapproved Website and see what is going on. My point was the hype around him has gotten to ridiculous proportions. I just wonder if the scouts see him play school ball or AAU ball because I would find it hard to believe they would like his antics during some of the Central games.

Usually if a player is good enough to go D1 he is good enough to will his team to that state even if they have to do it by themselves. I hate to tell you but SH had a better chance last year of going to the state than this year. No way they get by DB or Greeneville so they will be lucky to make it past regionals.

All the rumors I had heard was saying he was going to UTC though, so I guess I was definately wrong there. Whether or not he plays much at Georgetown doesn't really matter, as long as he gets his degree from there it was a good decision for him.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be different if it was just one person who thought he was overrated but it is a TON of people. Can you honestly say that Omar is that much better than Coty Sensabaugh from DB or take last year, was he that much better than DeShaud. No, he isn't. He is a really good player for this area. Thing is, he would be just another face if he played in the Memphis area.

Look at all the good players SH had in the early and mid 90s. None of them went D1. Was Omar as good as Jovann Johnson?

Cap1, if there is so much mediocre talent in this area why don't you leave? I mean seriously, why are you continuing to hold yourself and your kids back living here?

Beavis you make some of the most ridicules and contradictory statements. What a clown!!! ;):huh:

Omar WILL NOT EVER get any PT in a big game at Georgetown. If anyone on this board thinks he realistically has a shot at getting in a game against the Dukes and Carolinas of the world (with the exception of HeatPlaya, cause i know for a fact that is Omar Wattad himself) then you are kidding yourself and please don't admit it so no one has to clown you on this board...

he is a solid mid major player in some situations, but not a player at a major school. However, it is good that he will be getting a free education at a good school. Best of luck to him

It sure won’t be from your football team!!! And that’s a fact. :lol:<_<

i think we are talking basketball here, if you want to talk football go to the D.B or South thread and i am sure they will talk all the football you want. your vikings are not near as good as you wish they were in any sport, so you just need to go back to King college and finish cleaning the floor and the bathrooms. p.s. quit hanging out around the bathrooms after your done, it dont look good....

Ok BROCK20, HESSFORPREZ and bigRENO…how do ya like your crow, fried or barbequed!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):lol:<_<

Which is better Cap1 fried or bbq, because there is no one on this board that has eaten more crow than you. Usually every time you log on. I'm happy for Omar,(heatplaya), but I don't see much pt. And yes, I think a player supposedly the caliber of Omar (heatplaya) should be able to lead his team "with the tradition of SH," to the State at least one time in his 4 years of high school.

Iverson, Ewing, Mourning, Mutumbo,.........................WATTAD, I don't think so.

Omar WILL NOT EVER get any PT in a big game at Georgetown. If anyone on this board thinks he realistically has a shot at getting in a game against the Dukes and Carolinas of the world (with the exception of HeatPlaya, cause i know for a fact that is Omar Wattad himself) then you are kidding yourself and please don't admit it so no one has to clown you on this board...

he is a solid mid major player in some situations, but not a player at a major school. However, it is good that he will be getting a free education at a good school. Best of luck to him

You must attend a rival school to Science Hill. It is hard for me to believe that someone really thinks Wattad is that bad. He has the athleticism to play at a major. He may not walk in and take over, but he can get playing time if he hustles and works hard in practice. If he can learn the Georgetown offense, he can and will play there.

You must attend a rival school to Science Hill. It is hard for me to believe that someone really thinks Wattad is that bad. He has the athleticism to play at a major. He may not walk in and take over, but he can get playing time if he hustles and works hard in practice. If he can learn the Georgetown offense, he can and will play there.

every year science hill supposedly has the best talent around here and mighty omar is supposed to led them to at least a district title. but it never happens, win something!

I do not attend a rival school, however i am a Dobyns-Bennett fan. I do not believe Wattad (heatplaya) is that bad, I said he could play at a mid major D1 school, however, not at a Georgetown. I also said I am happy for Wattad (heatplaya) and congratulate him on his scholarship and free education, I just hope he keeps his grades up because he will be a no name among the Georgetown campus and will need that degree.

OMAR IS A SMART KID WHEN IT COMES TO THE BOOKS I HAD HIM IN MY MATH CLASS LAST YR.

BUT OTHER THAN THAT HOYAS ALL THE WAY BABY

HOW COME SOMEONE FROM DB B ALWAYS WANTIN TO PUT SOMEONE DOWN FROM THE HILL. WATCH I SAID IT FIRST ON COACHT OMAR WATTAD WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE NATION AT GEORGETOWN GIVE HIM 2 YRS.

Edited by hoodrich91

Let me first say, I have no dog in this hunt. Let me also say congratulations to Omar. Making a decision about college is big for anyone.

Now let me say this, I am amazed at how personally we take the decisions of an eighteen year old. We say bad things about him and say he'll sit the bench. Why? So he wants to go to Georgetown. Georgetown is one of the best institutions in this country. Nothing against UNC-Wilimington, but it doesn't come close. Omar is going to have a chance to go to a great school in an amazing city and he might play some basketball.

Congratulations to a young man who is obviously a good student and good basketball player.