Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

This could be the most ignorant post i have ever seen. One game does not take away from a dominant team in the Big 7 now Big 9 conference. Even DB fans cant contest that Science Hill IS THE DOMINANT team. How quickly Central forgets an embarassing lose at home by over 30 points. I am not taking anything away from the district title, but i science hill over the years is always at the top. As far as comparing Deshaud to Omar. The kid is going to king college how are you going to compare that to anything Wattad has done. You want to question his talent that is your opinion but wattad has led the best team in the conference on and off the court since he was soph. In conclusion i feel that Science Hill will again win the conference, but will lose sometime during conference play due to a young team.

There is no "15 year domination". The last 5 or 6 teams at SH have been no where near dominating. The dominating teams at SH were from about '91 to '01, during the Pitts era. Those days are long gone. With Pitts gone, the conference seems to be wide open about every year.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no "15 year domination". The last 5 or 6 teams at SH have been no where near dominating. The dominating teams at SH were from about '91 to '01, during the Pitts era. Those days are long gone. With Pitts gone, the conference seems to be wide open about every year.

The '01 team dint even make it out of the district that year. Boone beat em in the 1st round. The '02 team got runner-up in the state. Other than that from 03-06 they have won the conf, and won the district in '05. They dint even win the district in '02. Prior to '05 the last time they won the district was '00. Pitts last year was in '99. Poe took the job the following yr through '04.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

The '01 team dint even make it out of the district that year. Boone beat em in the 1st round. The '02 team got runner-up in the state. Other than that from 03-06 they have won the conf, and won the district in '05. They dint even win the district in '02. Prior to '05 the last time they won the district was '00. Pitts last year was in '99. Poe took the job the following yr through '04.

They won district at Tenn High not last year but the year before...

Thats right Heatplaya.... make your self look like a fool. Im not the only won that knows Science Hill doesnt dominate.

Thats right Heatplaya.... make your self look like a fool. Im not the only won that knows Science Hill doesnt dominate.

Excuse me for missing the 05... one more question about domination and who is the consistently better team... In the Arby's Classic ( best competition year in year out in the area) who consistently does the best? In fact i think they were the only team in the winners bracket last year and i am not sure about the year they BARELY lost to the eventual winner atl Mays..but i think they were the only local team that year also... so tell me that Science hill is not the better team...

Excuse me for missing the 05... one more question about domination and who is the consistently better team... In the Arby's Classic ( best competition year in year out in the area) who consistently does the best? In fact i think they were the only team in the winners bracket last year and i am not sure about the year they BARELY lost to the eventual winner atl Mays..but i think they were the only local team that year also... so tell me that Science hill is not the better team...

Im not saying Science Hill is a bad team.... They are one of the best basketball teams in this area. And they do play very well in the arbys and always have. But they arent dominate. And Brock20 just made a good point about they havent been dominate since Pitts left.

00 District-SH Reg-SH

01 District-TN High Reg-G'ville

02 District-TN High Reg-SH

03 District-DB Reg-DB

04 District-TN High Reg-DB

05 District-SH Reg-TN High

06 District-Central Reg-G'ville

07 Disrtict-?? Reg-?? I think DB takes District and will take on G'ville again for the Reg. That will be a good one. Just an opinion. Where are tourns @ this yr?

Congrats to Omar for putting himself in a position to have an opportunity to let basketball pay for a college education. Thats what its about, getting it done athletically and academically. Everybody has had some good input on this topic so here is mine. Individually, Omar and Wiggins are the 2 best college prospects in the region. Omar has improved his size, strength, ball handling and shooting and I would assume that Wiggins has also. Wattad gets the advantage because he can create his own shot. Just look who gets the ball and spreads the floor at the end of any quarter when SH has the ball. If he cant score himself he draws the help and kicks to open teamates. I love Wiggins game but as of last year Wiggins needed someone to get him the ball whether it was in the post or for 3's.

In most games Omar is the best talent on the on the floor and he has to get his teamates involed if he wants to win games.(Which I think he will.)

I am interested in seeing how Omar reacts when he is the least talented player on the floor, when he is playing with 4 horses better than him. Some players thrive (usually the ones who can dribble and pass to involve those horses.) and others fall back out of the picture intimidated. None of us know what will happen next year for Omar but it should be interesting to see how he reacts in his new situation. God luck to him!

And Stokomo, just because you played point for DB and were one of the best players in the area doesnt mean every gaurd that comes through there is also.

Coty is probably top 5 in the Region but not better than Omar or Wiggins.(right now.)

DJ REDALERT @ 97 KISS FM, What's up? The era I played in.... I think they still had baskeeeetballs (Buck) with laces. Good guards do come from DB, the best being Skip Brown hands down. Cody is good, but I think his play is best in football. Heck! Almost the whole family had football blood running in their veins. You would have had fun playing against Cody's father, Kim. He could play! even though Buck would tell all of us that we couldn't "put one in the Ocean."

I think Omar will do fine at Georgetown. He will have to make the most adjustments to staying disciplined with his "down" time. Most people from this area that do not make it, fail because they are not used to being own their own and no one holding their hand to make sure their work is done and they make it to class EVERYDAY!!!!! You have lots of freedom, in part because you are an adult. But!!! That freedom comes at a price that can be costly if not managed right. Congrats again to all of the athletes furthering their education and GOD BLESS!!!!

"Wicky, Wicky, Wicky, Wicky...."