District 7-AA

yuckamuck

this district is still weak compared to everyone else in the state. it has declined tremendously is the last few years. it will however be a close race but i dont see anyone makin much noise in the post season.

District is down some what. 8AA is down a little as well from what I hear. We'll get an early look at how 7AA might do this year, with Upperman playing White House in a Hall of Fame game. Smith also plays WHHS, as well as Station Camp, and DCA. I don't know what kind of region schedules some of the other teams have, but I definitly do not see 7AA getting swept this year.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHHS beat Livngston @ Siegel playday on Saturday,and WHHS was missing 3 players beacause of football. Wasn't too impressed with Livingston, Dunn has a lot of heart but I think Upperman will be the team to beat this yeear in 7-AA.

I'm gonna agree with you that LA wasn't impressive against White House. As a matter of fact LA was just plain bad. LA was very impressive in their win over Northeast though. You may also be right about Upperman being the team to baet in 7AA. I personally think 7AA will be much more competitive in 1-4 this year. I thought Dekalb looked pretty good too.

However, I wouldn't put too much stock in the LA you saw against White House being being an LA that shows its face much this season. Too much pride for that. LA lost 6 seniors from last years team. They have one senior now. One might expect them to look a little unorganized now and then, especially in preseason.

you might be right but 8aa didnt exactly dominate 7aa last year ini the region. yes it was a 8aa sweep but look at how the games came out.

goodpasture came out 4 but went in to the district tornament first and beat livingston by about 15. livingston had run the table in 7aa but was beat the worst in the region.

7aa's 2, 3, & 4 barely got beat. Upperman blew a lead late in the game and lost to station camp. Macon county just lost by about 5 or 6 and so did Dekab County. I know haow 8aa has been dominant in the past, but it looks like that may be coming to a end.

Looks like Livingston Academy and White House play saturday at siegel. yes its preseason but we might get an idea of how districts 7 & 8 match up since most say White House may be in the top two iin 8AA.

Good statement YuckeMuck. Upperman should have a good chance of making it to the finals of the Regions if they win their district. Also, dont count out LA. They could pull an upset in the regions and might get a sub-state game. I'm sure Coach Melton has his boys ready to play after the misfortune of playing Goodpasture in the first round last year. I am sure that still has them all gritting their teeth.

Upperman may do good in region play but i dont see anyone else doing anything. How is the region teams gonna be this year. How many seniors did Goodpasture and White House lose?

WHITE HOUSE LOST 3 . 2 STARTED . THIS COULD BE WHITE HOUSE'S BEST TEAM EVER . THEY HAVE SEVERAL PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED SINCE THEY WERE FRESHMAN. THEY ALSO HAVE A 6 FT 8 330 LB FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT SHOOTS THE 3 AND HAS GREAT VISION THAT DIDNT PLAY AGAINST LIVINGSTON ACADEMY SAT. HE IS JUST A JUNIOR.ALSO JEREMY BARNES HAS STARTED SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN AND HE IS ALSO A JUNIOR. THE REST OF THE STARTERS ARE ALSO SOLID. THEY ALSO HAVE A GOOD BENCH.

GOOPASTURE LOST ALL 5 STARTERS AND THEIR 6 FT 8 GUY OFF THE BENCH.

STATION CAMP LOST ALL 5 STARTERS ALSO , BUT THEIR BEST PLAYER IS JOHN JENKINS WHO IS A SOPHMORE THIS YEAR WHO LED THE TEAM IN SCORING LAST YEAR AS A FRESHMAN WITH ABOUT 15 PER GAME. HE IS A BIG TIME PLAYER WHO YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE ON TV 1 DAY.

WHITE HOUSE LOST 3 . 2 STARTED . THIS COULD BE WHITE HOUSE'S BEST TEAM EVER . THEY HAVE SEVERAL PLAYERS THAT HAVE PLAYED SINCE THEY WERE FRESHMAN. THEY ALSO HAVE A 6 FT 8 330 LB FOOTBALL PLAYER THAT SHOOTS THE 3 AND HAS GREAT VISION THAT DIDNT PLAY AGAINST LIVINGSTON ACADEMY SAT. HE IS JUST A JUNIOR.ALSO JEREMY BARNES HAS STARTED SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN AND HE IS ALSO A JUNIOR. THE REST OF THE STARTERS ARE ALSO SOLID. THEY ALSO HAVE A GOOD BENCH.

GOOPASTURE LOST ALL 5 STARTERS AND THEIR 6 FT 8 GUY OFF THE BENCH.

STATION CAMP LOST ALL 5 STARTERS ALSO , BUT THEIR BEST PLAYER IS JOHN JENKINS WHO IS A SOPHMORE THIS YEAR WHO LED THE TEAM IN SCORING LAST YEAR AS A FRESHMAN WITH ABOUT 15 PER GAME. HE IS A BIG TIME PLAYER WHO YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE ON TV 1 DAY.

You're right about Jenkins. Scorer for sure.

Do not underestimate macon co . , they got a really good coach in Jason Welch and are still equipt with alot of defensive weapons .

Evendough there scoring machine and district mvp colby stinson is gone there can still make it to the regionals .

Good luck macon !

I see it playing out like this:

1. Upperman/LA

2. LA/Upperman

3. Dekalb Co.

4. York/Smith

"Evendough" Macon will have to work very hard, they might be able to get to the regions.

There you are again! Maybe we will but i'm tellin ya, Upperman and LA are awesome too!

[/quotewildcat6

man its good to see basketball is fixen to start. i'm sayin right now cannon county will shock everyone this year.they are not the same team as last yaer. they have a transfer from coffee county that is talented, they return the freshman mvp, and this weekend they defeated marshall county and a good eagleville team. Livingston will be the main competition.