Future Greats

mrwrestling

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of legendary coaches past and present who have represented Tennessee wrestling. Are there any up and coming wrestling coaches who will make a great future impact?

Coach Zac Brown from Rhea Co. wil make an impact for as long as he continues to coach. He is the type that school should come first, then your after school activities but he is a great coach nontheless he has most of his teams grades up, has led them to thier first winning season in about five years or so, and encourages his team members to seek thier best path for the future. He is an outstanding coach, he has motivated his wrestlers to set up fundraisers so they are able to go to camp in the summer. This season will make his third as a head coach, but he was been an assistant for a year under coach Mitch Hoskins. In his two years as a head coach he has led Rhea Co. to 1 losing season in his first year but led them to a 19-7 season last year and Rhea Co. placed 2nd in the Tullahoma Duals Tournament, placed 8th as a team at the Knox Catholic Inv., had 6 state qualifiers, and 1 state medalist. this season is looking much better for Rhea Co. we only lost 2 starters from last season. So, in another words Coach Zac Brown IS A GREAT COACH AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE A GREAT COACH AS LONG AS HE CONTINUES TO COACH!!!!

There are a lot of legendary coaches past and present who have represented Tennessee wrestling. Are there any up and coming wrestling coaches who will make a great future impact?

Rodney Cash---Head Coach, Brentwood Academy

Johnny Rich----Head Coach, Ensworth

Charles McTory-----Assistant to Coach Ralph Gabriel at Overton last season

Rodney Cash---Head Coach, Brentwood Academy

Johnny Rich----Head Coach, Ensworth

Charles McTory-----Assistant to Coach Ralph Gabriel at Overton last season

All great choices!!! I had a chance to coach with Rodney this summer on the Tennessee Cadet Dual team and he has made significant strides with his Brentwood Academy team. I thought of a few more "young" coaches that I think are making a big difference in our sport.

Jose Delgado - Houston High School Assistant Coach

Joe Blair - Brentwood High School Head Coach

Jeremy Welder - Franklin High School Assistant Coach

Sharrock Cobb - Clarksville High School Assistant Coach

Jason Bennett - Hendersonville High School Head Coach

Coach Miller

Tullahoma High School

Edited by matcat

All great choices!!! I had a chance to coach with Rodney this summer on the Tennessee Cadet Dual team and he has made significant strides with his Brentwood Academy team. I thought of a few more "young" coaches that I think are making a big difference in our sport.

Coach Miller

Tullahoma High School

JOE BLAIR DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH HAIR TO BE CONSIDERED YOUNG!

Coach Miller

Tullahoma High School

along with Jason Bennett you have to add Corey Williams, These two guys have worked hard to bring Hendersonville wrestling team up to a competive wrestling team! They have the best record in school history! they have picked up where coach frank simpson left off!!good luck to the commandos this year!!

I can not believe that nobody has mentioned the Simpson brothers Pat and Frank. Both of these coaches are in this year's TN Wrestling Hall of Fame induction class. Especially Pat Simpson, if not the best coach in the state at least top three. He is a class act and he is one of the greatest technicians in the state. He has one various state titles while dominating TN High School Wrestling in the late 90's.