pearl cohn-greenbriar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD's loss on offense hurts but it wouldn't be a killer. The team would still have LR, TL, & JP as options to utilize. His loss on defense would be something to look out for. Greenbrier needs to be physical in that part of the game to match the advantage PC has on them in overall size (like they were able to do last year). JG is a field general but he wasn't about to overwhelm anyone with his arm anyway. Greenbrier needs to get someone in there who can take snaps and hand the football off to those bruising backs that they've got.

After what overheard in coversation last night from a couple of team players, I feel better about the situation. Home again makes a difference. I just hope the fans will dress warmly so they will not be curled up. Greenbrier fans will make a difference if they participate.

Let's go Cats...Break Out!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Don't ya just hate it when.....the opponents don't even spell your school's name correctly? It's not like Greenbrier football teams hasn't been around for like, what...the last 50 years? Geeez....

I don't watch much TV on Tuesday nights, but I love the game of football, and when I saw the previews of Friday Night Lights (series) I sat up the TIVO. I say this because I caught the show last night, and for those that haven't seen it, the first show last week showed their QB get seriously hurt and hospitalized. The coach is in a dilema because their little town is ALL about football and everyone is telling him how much they need to win. There is a QB that is having to step up that doesn't have much experience, but he pulls out the game where the injured QB has already started. But their hopes are deflated in that one injury loss.

Last nights show had a line that I could almost hear being repeated around Greenbrier. "This team needs a W.... this TOWN needs a W". RCT says no JD or JG. This means 200% heart is going to have to be put into this game by a host of other players. We are down to the wire, Cats. Hit hard, block, wrap em' up. Nothing less than your best. You guys can do it. You have to KNOW you can.

Go get em' Cats! Focus, focus, focus.

***Attention: Special Invitation to GreenbrierCat2***

I guess I've always been a little chauvinistic, being a guy and all, and mostly always leaning toward football, men's basketball and baseball. Having said all that just so you know I understand our town's obsession with our football team and it's rich history, this town HAS received it's fair share of "W's" lately...from the GHS volleyball team! Undefeated in district play and 31-6 overall baby! They play Mt. Juliet Christian in the district tournament semi's tonight at Station Camp. 4:30 game time. Come out and support 'em. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you've never even seen a volleyball game. And if they win at 4:30, they'll play the winner of the Macon Co./Portland game, which follows. The championship is at 7 and if we are fortunate enough to win that, we'll host the region next Tuesday night.

Cat2,

I appreciate your passion for our football team and mean no harm doing this. I just wanted people to know that even though our football team does need a W and this is the football board, sometimes good things get lost in the shuffle. We have pretty fair support at the volleyball games, but it could be better. ESPECIALLY since this team is fun to watch AND good (see their record)! Now, if they lose, please don't say "I thought they were good." We all know 'things happen' and, like you, we should support them win OR lose. Hope to see you there!

Go (Lady) 'Cats! :thumb:

***Attention: Special Invitation to GreenbrierCat2***

I guess I've always been a little chauvinistic, being a guy and all, and mostly always leaning toward football, men's basketball and baseball. Having said all that just so you know I understand our town's obsession with our football team and it's rich history, this town HAS received it's fair share of "W's" lately...from the GHS volleyball team! Undefeated in district play and 31-6 overall baby! They play Mt. Juliet Christian in the district tournament semi's tonight at Station Camp. 4:30 game time. Come out and support 'em. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you've never even seen a volleyball game. And if they win at 4:30, they'll play the winner of the Macon Co./Portland game, which follows. The championship is at 7 and if we are fortunate enough to win that, we'll host the region next Tuesday night.

Cat2,

I appreciate your passion for our football team and mean no harm doing this. I just wanted people to know that even though our football team does need a W and this is the football board, sometimes good things get lost in the shuffle. We have pretty fair support at the volleyball games, but it could be better. ESPECIALLY since this team is fun to watch AND good (see their record)! Now, if they lose, please don't say "I thought they were good." We all know 'things happen' and, like you, we should support them win OR lose. Hope to see you there!

Go (Lady) 'Cats! :lol:

5Sport, I understand your point completely, and I agree. I take NOTHING away from the Lady Cats volleyball, and in fact, just recently made a supporting effort away from the game arena for the Lady Cats. I won't go into specifics about that because I do prefer to remain anonymous. I am proud of these girls and try to make that known. I have been to a volleyball game but it's been a while, I'll admit. I try to support all the GHS team sports, but I'll admit I have a passion for football. I hope that since this is on the football board, it's understood by everyone that when I say that we need a W, I mean in football. We are so accustomed now to going to the playoffs, it would seem odd to not, although I do realize the down time would be shortlived. I am so proud of the way Greenbrier has become a real contender in all sports including volleyball, softball, baseball, basketball and golf. Not growing up here, and only being here for 10+ years, some people think it strange that I could be so attached to a town and school system, but when I see the pride of the team players (all sports) and I see the parents go all out for the kids, I know why it's happened.

Due to work schedules, unforunately, I don't make it to many games except football games. That is one night that I am off and anxious to be a part of the town spirit. Just because I am not at the games, does not keep me from making it known that I am proud of the Volleyball team (or any other team...win OR lose).

I say go LADY CATS....get the championship!

I, too, have been a part of Greenbrier athletics for about 10 years and, having lived there for almost that long, have become attached to the community because I love it. Even though I'm not a born-and-bred Greenbrierian, I consider the parents of my children's friends my best friends now. It is a good place to live, raise a family and to participate in the various sports. As you said, the support for the teams is phenomenal, even contagious.

Although I don't think I know you, I appreciate your passion for our adopted town.

Go 'Cats...Lady Cats and Jr. Pro Cats! :lol:

5Sport, I understand your point completely, and I agree. I take NOTHING away from the Lady Cats volleyball, and in fact, just recently made a supporting effort away from the game arena for the Lady Cats. I won't go into specifics about that because I do prefer to remain anonymous. I am proud of these girls and try to make that known. I have been to a volleyball game but it's been a while, I'll admit. I try to support all the GHS team sports, but I'll admit I have a passion for football. I hope that since this is on the football board, it's understood by everyone that when I say that we need a W, I mean in football. We are so accustomed now to going to the playoffs, it would seem odd to not, although I do realize the down time would be shortlived. I am so proud of the way Greenbrier has become a real contender in all sports including volleyball, softball, baseball, basketball and golf. Not growing up here, and only being here for 10+ years, some people think it strange that I could be so attached to a town and school system, but when I see the pride of the team players (all sports) and I see the parents go all out for the kids, I know why it's happened.

Due to work schedules, unforunately, I don't make it to many games except football games. That is one night that I am off and anxious to be a part of the town spirit. Just because I am not at the games, does not keep me from making it known that I am proud of the Volleyball team (or any other team...win OR lose).

I say go LADY CATS....get the championship!

It's great to see the Lady Cats vball back running strong. Back during the early 80's the Cats were a top 5 state team year end year out. With what vball, baseball, softball, and football have done at the state level in the last few years.... we have to be proud.

Edited by NoDoubt

PC-35 GB-0

Another tough loss for the Bobcats. I hate to see all the injuries.

I think PC may have set a record for the most penalties in one game. Overall a very athletic team with good team speed.

I still predict Station Camp to win this region.

My take on this game is that I really don't know if PC was that good, as it was that we we had such a bad game. Obviously, PC couldn't determine where the line of scrimmage was, and holding was a big part of their game. True, we lost to a fast team, but after seeing them to play tonight, I think Station Camp will beat them, and possibly even White House (sorry if there are any Blue Devils here reading). SC's defense is stronger than what we showed PC tonight, and therefore I think PC won't get much against SC. We are battle-weary for sure. When the Cats walked down the sideline at halftime, it almost looked as if there are two teams. The team in the jerseys and the team of the walking wounded. I'm just hoping we make it though the next two games without more injuries. I knew we were down, but I didn't know we were this down. More than one person said tonight that these Cats are not playing with the spirit of a winning team. They are a young team and it shows. It's going to take a little time to reload, but reload, we will.

Well from what I've read, it looks like we won't be making the playoffs this year. In retrospect of the injuries, I really feel that even if we did, we wouldn't be at our competitive best. No the games are not over and we're not giving up on our Cats, but statistically, it's certain that our streak of holding the Region Title for three consecutive years is done, but look at what we accomplished. 23-3 (so far) in Region play is nothing to sneeze at. Greenbrier is tough, have good players and a good coaching staff. We have had great seasons, and consecutive years of graduating great ballplayers, and eventually, it comes time to reload, and look toward the future.

Cats, win or lose, rain or shine, I will be behind this team. We've still got two more to go. Yes, we may be bruised and battered, but we will "never say die". At the end of this game, I thought of the beginning of a song I've heard that says "I have no shame, I'm proud of where I came from"....that is just the way of the Greenbrier Bobcats.

We've got two more games, Cats....dig deep and find a way.

With that said, you guys won one victory tonight...nobody ever had to yell at you with a megaphone every single play... "STAY BEHIND THE WHITE LINE"..... :):D

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Well Greenbrier do not get too down yet. With a win by you guys next week at home against Macon Co. combined with a White House loss to Station Camp on Friday night you will have a shot to play White House for the fourth and final playoff spot in week ten. And I though last year's games were heated :thumb:

This of course is assuming that Sycamore takes care of business next week against DeKalb Co. The War Eagles do not hold the head-to-head against White House BUT they do hold the three-way tiebreaker over White House & either Greenbrier or Macon Co. If it comes to that White House would be the odd team out because both of those teams would have to had beaten the Blue Devils head-to-head. I HOPE THAT IT'S GREENBRIER BECAUSE OF THE RESPECT I HAVE FOR YOUR PROGRAM!!!!!