pearl cohn-greenbriar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC thought WH was down this year too !Dont underestimate GB

I think one of the keys to this is how PC will respond after that beat-down at WH. If Greenbrier can control the flow of the game early, I think it'll start taking PC out of the game mentally. We need to do like we did last year and just worry about getting first downs, keeping field position, and not giving up the big play. I think we've learned through the past few years that you can really dishearten the speedy, athletic teams by keeping it on the ground, just picking up 3 or 4 yards per play, and using the clock. The recent injuries are definitely a negative but that's just part of football.

Don't ya just hate it when.....the opponents don't even spell your school's name correctly? It's not like Greenbrier football teams hasn't been around for like, what...the last 50 years? Geeez....

I don't watch much TV on Tuesday nights, but I love the game of football, and when I saw the previews of Friday Night Lights (series) I sat up the TIVO. I say this because I caught the show last night, and for those that haven't seen it, the first show last week showed their QB get seriously hurt and hospitalized. The coach is in a dilema because their little town is ALL about football and everyone is telling him how much they need to win. There is a QB that is having to step up that doesn't have much experience, but he pulls out the game where the injured QB has already started. But their hopes are deflated in that one injury loss.

Last nights show had a line that I could almost hear being repeated around Greenbrier. "This team needs a W.... this TOWN needs a W". RCT says no JD or JG. This means 200% heart is going to have to be put into this game by a host of other players. We are down to the wire, Cats. Hit hard, block, wrap em' up. Nothing less than your best. You guys can do it. You have to KNOW you can.

Go get em' Cats! Focus, focus, focus.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

I for one will be hoping toe see Greenbrier win this one, mostly for my own reasons, :thumb:. But PC is coming off a tough loss in OT, if they don't let that affect them too much, and they play like they did earlier in the season, they may pull this one off.

But still come on Greenbrier and win this one!

- A Station Camp Fan : )

Don't ya just hate it when.....the opponents don't even spell your school's name correctly? It's not like Greenbrier football teams hasn't been around for like, what...the last 50 years? Geeez....

I don't watch much TV on Tuesday nights, but I love the game of football, and when I saw the previews of Friday Night Lights (series) I sat up the TIVO. I say this because I caught the show last night, and for those that haven't seen it, the first show last week showed their QB get seriously hurt and hospitalized. The coach is in a dilema because their little town is ALL about football and everyone is telling him how much they need to win. There is a QB that is having to step up that doesn't have much experience, but he pulls out the game where the injured QB has already started. But their hopes are deflated in that one injury loss.

Last nights show had a line that I could almost hear being repeated around Greenbrier. "This team needs a W.... this TOWN needs a W". RCT says no JD or JG. This means 200% heart is going to have to be put into this game by a host of other players. We are down to the wire, Cats. Hit hard, block, wrap em' up. Nothing less than your best. You guys can do it. You have to KNOW you can.

Go get em' Cats! Focus, focus, focus.

JD's loss on offense hurts but it wouldn't be a killer. The team would still have LR, TL, & JP as options to utilize. His loss on defense would be something to look out for. Greenbrier needs to be physical in that part of the game to match the advantage PC has on them in overall size (like they were able to do last year). JG is a field general but he wasn't about to overwhelm anyone with his arm anyway. Greenbrier needs to get someone in there who can take snaps and hand the football off to those bruising backs that they've got.