best region in 1a

waterfan23

Guest Shocker0
LOL, that is a funny joke

So how were you showing class when you posted that? I wasn't joking. I don't know if the teams have class or not, but a lot of the fans don't, and I can see that by looking on coacht. Besides, region 2 has already beat 2 teams from Region 4 this season and not lost against any of them. So right now we can have bragging rights, and when your team beats us in the playoffs then you can have them back (If this happens). So at the moment it isn't a joke.

Edited by Shocker0

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how were you showing class when you posted that? I wasn't joking. I don't know if the teams have class or not, but a lot of the fans don't, and I can see that by looking on coacht. Besides, region 2 has already beat 2 teams from Region 4 this season and not lost against any of them. So right now we can have bragging rights, and when your team beats us in the playoffs then you can have them back (If this happens). So at the moment it isn't a joke.

You beat watertown, and Montery.... Brag about it please. Brag about how teams that will get top three in your region, beat one team that will get forth, and another team that won't even make the playoffs. If you want to brag about that go right ahead. Schedule either TC, Gville, FCS for next season. Beat one of those and then brag. Don't brag about barely beating the second level programs.

As for saying my comment was classless look around this board. Most would tend to agree that either region 4 or 5 is the best. NOT 2. So it actually is a pretty funny joke. Even if you are odd enough to consider it classless guess what? i don't represent the team, not a player, not tied to the team. I just show up at the games, cheer for them and so good job. So i don't know why your saying that a whole region is classless just because someone who is not even tied to the region is classless (in your mind anyways).

You beat watertown, and Montery.... Brag about it please. Brag about how teams that will get top three in your region, beat one team that will get forth, and another team that won't even make the playoffs. If you want to brag about that go right ahead. Schedule either TC, Gville, FCS for next season. Beat one of those and then brag. Don't brag about barely beating the second level programs.

As for saying my comment was classless look around this board. Most would tend to agree that either region 4 or 5 is the best. NOT 2. So it actually is a pretty funny joke. Even if you are odd enough to consider it classless guess what? i don't represent the team, not a player, not tied to the team. I just show up at the games, cheer for them and so good job. So i don't know why your saying that a whole region is classless just because someone who is not even tied to the region is classless (in your mind anyways).

Poe why argue with Shocker?

It's more than obvious that some fans on here are biased towards their home-town-team and let that get in the way of rational thinking. However, people like you and I that stand back and look objectively at history can determine without bias that Region 4 has had the most success recently with TC running the table last year (and wiping out the best Region 1-2 had), that FC is the states current #1, and that before the multiplier was instituted that the Nashville region was the dominant player in 1A with the likes of DCA, Ezell, CPA, etc. The only other region with an arguement against Region 4 would be region 3 with South Pitt and Boyd Buchannon prior to the multiplier.

It doesn't mean that this years champ must come from Region 4. It only means that the odds favor that region along with region 3. I could easily see Regions 5, 6, or even 7 having the state champ this year but no way Region 1 or 2 contends this year.

Edited by 1A FAN

Me thinks thou protesteth too much.

One question, not meant to be insulting, are you female?

I think its called geographics. With the exception of Harriman, schools in region 1 and 2 just can't match atheletes with alot of the other regions. Private schools are a completely different animal. They have several advantages over public schools. Trousdale is really the only one with bragging rights, before last season ,the private schools dominated everyone, South Pitt was the only one close, but with the atheletes they have year after year, they really don't do much. Give some of the region 1 and 2 teams half the atheletes of these other schools and they win the state every year.

Guest Shocker0

Ok, if you want to go that route...Midway beat Watertown. Watertown beat TC. TC Beat Gordonsville...so that covers those three. The only team that would pose a threat would be Friendship Christian, and you say that their the best in the state...And you don't have to throw stats from last year in my face, because what have you done this year to region 2, that is what counts? Besides, no one from region 2 played anyone from Region 4 in the playoffs last season.

And No I am not a female.

when comparing region 2 and 4, you have look at the enrollments of the schools. Region 4 has 5 schools with over 300 kids including the top 4 in the region. Region 2 has only 2 schools with over 300 kids and 3 schools with less than 200 kids. It is alot easier to field a good team when you have more students to choose from.

But I agree with MPHSTIGERS87, regions don't win the games, the individual teams do.

.....Give some of the region 1 and 2 teams half the atheletes of these other schools and they win the state every year.

Pujo what kind of statement is that?

I mean give Red Boiling Springs Adam Townsend and they wouldn't have lost 30 something in a row, right??

They post simply ask who is the best region in 1A? I think you might be surprised to know that Region 4 demographics are much similar to Regions 1 and 2. TC, Gordonsville, Watertown, Red Boiling, Celina, Monterey, and most of Wilson Co (home of FC and MJCA) are still rural communities with a heavy agricultural background. All teams have an exceptional athlete that will pass thru their schools over time. That is why you will see a program that wins one state title and then is never heard of again. But successful programs are the schools, communities, and coaches that can consistently take average athletes and make them into winners and therefore have consistent programs. If it were simply a matter of who has the best athletes I would think the Metro area schools in Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville would dominate every class. Fact of the matter is the schools with tradition like TC, SPitt, Alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale, Brentwood Academy, Melrose, Gallatin, etc. all seem to have good athletes that are made better thru their systems not just blind luck and good athletes.

I think its called geographics. With the exception of Harriman, schools in region 1 and 2 just can't match atheletes with alot of the other regions. Private schools are a completely different animal. They have several advantages over public schools. Trousdale is really the only one with bragging rights, before last season ,the private schools dominated everyone, South Pitt was the only one close, but with the atheletes they have year after year, they really don't do much. Give some of the region 1 and 2 teams half the atheletes of these other schools and they win the state every year.

Are you kidding? One of the smaller schools in 1A (247 in 2006) but still in the hunt year in and year out. I think our feeder programs, Little League and Jr High, do a heck of a job so maybe teams in your region need to look at doing more to help them. It starts with 7 and 8 year olds. This group that is making noise now (and will again next year) has been playing together for a long time.

Edited by zonepirate

Are you kidding? One of the smaller schools in 1A (247 in 2006) but still in the hunt year in and year out. I think our feeder programs, Little League and Jr High, do a heck of a job so maybe teams in your region need to look at doing more to help them. It starts with 7 and 8 year olds. This group that is making noise now (and will again next year) has been playing together for a long time.

South Pitt might have a little speed advantage, what you think.