Owls vs. Admirals

volman09

how did your qb feel gettin lit up at the beginning of the game on a legal hit, not a helmet to helmet hit when the play is over?

Well I personally thought that should have been a personal foul and maybe a suspension was a cheap shot on Marshall. Then they call Marcus Turner for a personal foul on an uncatchable pass when he was looking for the ball and ran into the reciever. Whatever, least Farragut can't whine referees like WB Owls were the best TEAM.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that wasnt a cheap shot.. Marshall was alteast going for the ball.. #1 for Farragut Stopped and the ooltewah guy decided to lay him out just for the sake of laying him out.. when #7 hit Marshall it was a great hit.. those happen all the time in the nfl. its not like marshall had jsut stopped running and wasnt paying attention.. it was right when Marshall turned around. that ball was atleast catchable.

Hey Ihavenobrain,

You're my new least favorite poster on any message board on the entire internet. So far, I think everything you have said in this conversation was completely and 100% incorrect.

Yes it was an illegal hit on Brian Marshall. Hitting a defensless reciever helmet to helmet when the play is clearly dead is illegal. It's in the rulebooks, I've seen it called. AND IT'S EXACTLY LIKE MARSHALL STOPPED BECAUSE THE PLAY WAS OVER, BECAUSE IT WAS.

Brian Marshall had 185 carries. That is not stopping a running back on any level in any way shape or form.

Your team could not rush on our defense, got stuffed on multiple 3rd and 4th down plays, only had a passing game because your QB was so good at getting away, Couldn't stop our rushing attack when the playcalling was 35-4 in the most unbalanced way possible, and didn't get a completion between a 6-6(I think) reciever and 5-5 corner on a toss up in the end zone. THE BEST TEAM WON.

Sorry dude, but stop being such a fanboy.

they play wasnt dead. im assuming u all are talking about the pass in the flats right? if u are the play wasnt dead. if farragutfootball.com posts the video we will see. the ball had already gone over his head but the play wasnt over. and it wouldnt matter if it was helmet to helmet anyways.. he isnt a qb. if there is a helmet to helmet rule that applies that ppl that arent qbs then thats bs.. because there is almost always going to be helmet to helmet contact. 6-6 receiver? where are u getting that.. Farragut has no one that is 6-6 and plays Receiver. im sorry they just dont. we might as well say that the Ooltewah guy who hit #1 for Farragut should be suspended then.. that was a cheap shot.. he was defenseless.. get over the helmet to helmet stuff thats gonna happen in football.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

This was the story that ran in the News Sentinel this morning.

"The difference in the game proved to be diminutive-but-speedy Owl running back Brian Marshall, who at times made the mostly sound Admiral defense look as though they were trying to catch a fly with their hands." The junior rushed for 185 yards, including a 73-yarder."

that looked to be the case on about 4 runs. including the 73yarder where it was basically just his speed that got him to the endzone.

if we are going by what the paper says then...

"In the second half, the Farragut defense was able to stop Marshall initially. Shane Reveiz made a vicious-but-clean hit on him on a third-down pass."

it looks as though the hit was fine.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

The reciever against landsden was 6-4.

I'm sooooooooooooooo sorry I missed it. Really. I am. Will you ever forgive me? I feel so bad about getting that wrong. I know the extra two inches on an 11 inch height difference matter so much, and I really feel bad that I got it wrong. :rolleyes::lol::lol::( Sorry :blink:

STOP...BEING...SO...STUPID...PLEASE!!111!1!111!!!

it is called spearing and is illegal because it is dangerous and unecessary.

they play wasnt dead. im assuming u all are talking about the pass in the flats right? if u are the play wasnt dead. if farragutfootball.com posts the video we will see. the ball had already gone over his head but the play wasnt over. and it wouldnt matter if it was helmet to helmet anyways.. he isnt a qb. if there is a helmet to helmet rule that applies that ppl that arent qbs then thats bs.. because there is almost always going to be helmet to helmet contact. 6-6 receiver? where are u getting that.. Farragut has no one that is 6-6 and plays Receiver. im sorry they just dont. we might as well say that the Ooltewah guy who hit #1 for Farragut should be suspended then.. that was a cheap shot.. he was defenseless.. get over the helmet to helmet stuff thats gonna happen in football.