Owls vs. Admirals

volman09

Saw this one on TV tonight. Ooltewah wins but by the narrowest of margins.

Farragut could not stop the run; Ooltewah could not stop the pass.

It was a shootout in the 4th quarter. Good game to both teams.

Ooltewah 30

Farragut 28

Just wanted to say this was great high school FB game Owls and Ad's left it all on field. Nobody can whine about ref's they screwed us both equally. I think the question about best tailback in 2-5A was answered tonight, Owls threw ball 3 times 1-3-1 for 12 yards but I will be shocked if Marshall didn't have 250 yards. Ooltewah had Zero pass defense. The people from Farragut that said stop sterling you win obviously were baiting us cause that QB is the real deal. Was great hard fought HS game and I think best team won but I'm sure someone from Farragut will disagree. Both teams played their guts out and Owls front 7 abused the huge OL at farragut and Farragutt abused Owls secondary. Game came down to special teams which Farragut dominated other than the Field goal our freshman kicker made.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best team won. The best team won. The best team won.

Brian Marshall played amazingly, Whoever the QB from Farragut played amazingly, and John Long and Sean Sanders saved the day.

I'm very very proud of Ooltewah, and definately convinced that they have what it takes to win a state championship. The running game is just phenominal, and the coaching couldn't be better.

One thing I want to say about the refs. OMG THEY WERE BAD. The no-call on Brian Marshall getting laid out(hitting a defenseless reciever HELMET TO HELMET OMG), the horrible call on the tackle of Jeremy Woods out of bounds(Farragut player rode him out of bounds, let go, and Jeremy fell over), The horrible Pass interference calls on Ooltewah(our guy, 34, TRIED TO AVOID THE RECIEVER AND STILL GOT CALLED), the ref getting in the way on Farragut's second fourth quarter touchdown, the needless Defensive holding on Farragut. I was very mad at the refs. But at least they were better near the end. But they were definately worse than WB. With William Blount you could see the calls, with this game you could see why there should not be a call.

I hope Ooltewah's pass defense gets better, and I hope I can see some 15-0 action.

You get over it. I don't care who he is, a wacko prediction of 41-7 for the Owls shows a total lack of respect for Farragut. Farragut is too good of a team and program and has been much much too good RECENTLY against Ooltewah, to be shown that kind of disrespect. Of course he, you and everyone else is entitled to their own opinion, however, this IS a discussion board and when I think an opinion is wacko, then I will feel free to give MY opinion and say so.

Go Admirals ! It's Owl hunting season !!!

Gosh......are you mad at me? Was it something I said?

The best team won. The best team won. The best team won.

Brian Marshall played amazingly, Whoever the QB from Farragut played amazingly, and John Long and Sean Sanders saved the day.

I'm very very proud of Ooltewah, and definately convinced that they have what it takes to win a state championship. The running game is just phenominal, and the coaching couldn't be better.

One thing I want to say about the refs. OMG THEY WERE BAD. The no-call on Brian Marshall getting laid out(hitting a defenseless reciever HELMET TO HELMET OMG), the horrible call on the tackle of Jeremy Woods out of bounds(Farragut player rode him out of bounds, let go, and Jeremy fell over), The horrible Pass interference calls on Ooltewah(our guy, 34, TRIED TO AVOID THE RECIEVER AND STILL GOT CALLED), the ref getting in the way on Farragut's second fourth quarter touchdown, the needless Defensive holding on Farragut. I was very mad at the refs. But at least they were better near the end. But they were definately worse than WB. With William Blount you could see the calls, with this game you could see why there should not be a call.

I hope Ooltewah's pass defense gets better, and I hope I can see some 15-0 action.

most impressive thing about win is Defensive coach (Green) is at best RETARDED aboutt pass defense but Owls brought it Sanders missed a sure sack and scored 2 td's and made the game winning grab on kick. Biggest plays of game were the 2 by the 2 smallest players on the field. 5-4 Marshall going for 73 yards and 5-5 Landsden breaking up a sure TD on the 6-4 WR. Was great game and I know watching the players and the band that Farragut isn't gonna blame this on the refs. They are a Great FB team but Owls deserved the win tonight. (Even though for some reason Monroe forgot that J.WOO can throw the ball as well).

:thumb:

Well I'm sad that Farragut wasn't able to pull off the upset, but I'm proud of the Ads for playing a really tough game against a good team in a tough place to play. This game ended up pretty much like I thought. I expected Farragut to lose a close one, because I felt like Ooltewah was just ever so slightly the better team. Congrats to the Owls. It looks like nothing stands in your way now of winning the Region. However, I see the Ads coming in 2nd place, and if all goes well then hopefully we'll get to have a rematch with you guys in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

:thumb:

Well I'm sad that Farragut wasn't able to pull off the upset, but I'm proud of the Ads for playing a really tough game against a good team in a tough place to play. This game ended up pretty much like I thought. I expected Farragut to lose a close one, because I felt like Ooltewah was just ever so slightly the better team. Congrats to the Owls. It looks like nothing stands in your way now of winning the Region. However, I see the Ads coming in 2nd place, and if all goes well then hopefully we'll get to have a rematch with you guys in the playoffs. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thank God you aren't like the WB fan's that just lost to McMinn for a prayer for OR to get their spot in playoffs bitychin bout Refs. Was a great game between two very good FB teams and someone had to lose. Hope we never have to play them again this year. But Brian Marshall is the real deal even with the Cheapshot # 7 got on him.

Just wanted to say this was great high school FB game Owls and Ad's left it all on field. Nobody can whine about ref's they screwed us both equally. I think the question about best tailback in 2-5A was answered tonight, Owls threw ball 3 times 1-3-1 for 12 yards but I will be shocked if Marshall didn't have 250 yards. Ooltewah had Zero pass defense. The people from Farragut that said stop sterling you win obviously were baiting us cause that QB is the real deal. Was great hard fought HS game and I think best team won but I'm sure someone from Farragut will disagree. Both teams played their guts out and Owls front 7 abused the huge OL at farragut and Farragutt abused Owls secondary. Game came down to special teams which Farragut dominated other than the Field goal our freshman kicker made.

in my opinion for most of the night Farragut stopped #5.. he had that 73 yard run.. and then a few that went for 15-25. or so.. but other than that i thought Farragut did fine on D. I think what killed the Ads was that they didnt take advantage of when they had the ball in Owl territory in the first half.. i think they were instide the 35 4 times and scored 7 pts. Farraguts qb is really good he did great avoiding sacks waiting for ppl to get open. this game proves that Farragut isnt just Andre. I glad that Farragut knows they can compete and have a chance at winning when they dont do what they do best very well.. which is run. i what cheap shot? the one whrer #5 got laid out on the Farragut sideline? that was a perfect hit.. i think there coulda been one on the ooltewah sideline but i dont know what happened.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

in my opinion for most of the night Farragut stopped #5.. he had that 73 yard run.. and then a few that went for 15-25. or so.. but other than that i thought Farragut did fine on D. I think what killed the Ads was that they didnt take advantage of when they had the ball in Owl territory in the first half.. i think they were instide the 35 4 times and scored 7 pts. Farraguts qb is really good he did great avoiding sacks waiting for ppl to get open. this game proves that Farragut isnt just Andre. I glad that Farragut knows they can compete and have a chance at winning when they dont do what they do best very well.. which is run. i what cheap shot? the one whrer #5 got laid out on the Farragut sideline? that was a perfect hit.. i think there coulda been one on the ooltewah sideline but i dont know what happened.

First of all, let me establish that I am not an Ooltewoh fan. If you gave up a 73 yard run and a few 15-25 yards, you definitely did not stop him. I didn't see the game, but from your words it sounded like he ran all over the Farragut D.

Sean Sanders had 4 rushes. About 5 yards

Jeremy Woods had 3 passes plus the trick play. About 80 yards

Kwan Buchanon had 2 rushes. About 10 yards

Brian Marshall had about 30 carries.

Ooltewah had at least 250 yards of offense.

You did not stop Brian Marshall.

Personally, I thought the refs did a great job overall tonight. Maybe one missed call, but that's a pretty good game. Both teams had a turnover afterall.

Good football game and the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

Marshall had 185 yards rushing tonight. I thought Ooltewah's front 7 played great other than finishing the play and tackling the QB. I know there were at least 6-7 times we had him in at our fingers and somehow he got away and completed passes. You can't cover someone for 10 seconds. Ooltewah has a lot of work with their passing defense. Ooltewah did get the win and thats all that matters. Good luck to Farragut on the rest of the year. Classy fans, coaches and players except #7 loved to run his mouth. See you in the playoffs, hopefully.