• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am wondering is why didn't Willie Randolph bunt over the runners with no outs. That would of put LaRussa in a difficult situation with Reyes up to bat. Randolph did not do his best managing in the last inning. In the 9th it looked like the Mets had never seen a curveball. I think the homerun just put away and the Mets and Randolph through in the towel. Oh well, I am a Tigers fan now.

National League Championship #17 is nice. But I'm greedy, 4 more wins. I know everyone says Cardinals don't have a chance and NL hasn't won a WS game since 2003, but everyone said they had no chance to beat the Padres and Mets either. I think I'll just sit back and watch and see if they can somehow pull this off. Wouldn't it be ironic that after winning the most games in baseball each of the last 2 years they won WS after winning only 83 regular season games.

National League Championship #17 is nice. But I'm greedy, 4 more wins. I know everyone says Cardinals don't have a chance and NL hasn't won a WS game since 2003, but everyone said they had no chance to beat the Padres and Mets either. I think I'll just sit back and watch and see if they can somehow pull this off. Wouldn't it be ironic that after winning the most games in baseball each of the last 2 years they won WS after winning only 83 regular season games.

At this point, who knows? The Cards are playing with house money now. Everyone was cheering for a collapse, then they would never make it through the Padres staff, then the Mets lineup would score 7 a game against them.....and look where they are.

Congrats to all the cardinal fans on this board. I am glad to see you guys beat a former expansion team. Cardinals and Tigers. These are two grand old Franchises with storied traditions with a long history in the sport of Baseball. This is what October is all about. Good luck to both teams. I am an American League guy so as a fan I would like to see a classic series. Sorry guys but now I must cheer on the Tigers.