Believe me I know about game 7's and they can be paralyzing to say the least. So go ahead and take care business tonight. The Cards could use a couple a days rest before going to a World Series with very rested Tigers team. By the way my loyalties shift to the American League on Saturday so we will be on differant sides of the aisle. Carpenter should be fine though.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weaver, who would have thought it--how many of us Cards fans were excited when they picked weaver up after the break, not me I know. But I'm sure glad he's there now. Adding him to Carpenter and Suppan and some good bullpen work, could this possibly give them enough pitching to win a 7 game series? or two????

Weaver, who would have thought it--how many of us Cards fans were excited when they picked weaver up after the break, not me I know. But I'm sure glad he's there now. Adding him to Carpenter and Suppan and some good bullpen work, could this possibly give them enough pitching to win a 7 game series? or two????

Looks like we're going to game 7....I feel like if the Cardinals were going to win this series, they were going to have to do it with Carpenter on the mound...... :huh:

My game 6 feelings - in haiku style

Why did Looper pitch?

Did LaRussa want to lose?

Game seven scares me

;)

I give props to Maine

He was very clutch last night

First inning killed Cards

Clueless and haiku-less, I must say St. Louis blew its chances last night. I just cannot picture a deciding game being started by 2 ex-Pirates (and I am a long-time Pirates fan). Oliver Perez will throw in the high 90's; where the throw lands is another question. He could give them 6 solid innings or he could fail to get anyone out. The Mets have a distinct advantage in the bullpen. Wonder if these two teams ever considered compromising and playing these games as T-ball?

You never know what will happen in post-season play, but somewhere the Tigers must be resting--and chuckling.

Clueless and haiku-less, I must say St. Louis blew its chances last night. I just cannot picture a deciding game being started by 2 ex-Pirates (and I am a long-time Pirates fan). Oliver Perez will throw in the high 90's; where the throw lands is another question. He could give them 6 solid innings or he could fail to get anyone out. The Mets have a distinct advantage in the bullpen. Wonder if these two teams ever considered compromising and playing these games as T-ball?

You never know what will happen in post-season play, but somewhere the Tigers must be resting--and chuckling.

I hadn't even thought about the idea of two former Pirates are battling it out tonight. Oh man.

I'm halfway expecting Randolph to do All-Star game on them and trot out a different pitcher every inning.