best coach ever at your school

getright

I would like to know on total wins. I know he is second alltime in consecutive wins with 56. He did this at Cleveland. He was the offensive coordinator at Maryville for Ted Wilson. Coach Quarles is closing on that consecutive win record but is not there yet. There is a good chance he could pass it. I would like to know how many total wins Coach Monroe has. He has racked up a few more this year :thumb: ANd yes Ooltewah is blessed. Makes me laugh that Cleveland didn't hire him back. All for the better. I am so glad he is at Ooltewah now.

Coach Monroe was an asst. @ Maryville before heading up McMinn County then Cleveland and Now @ Ooltewah. We are very blessed to have such a legend. Where does Monroe rank on the all-time list?

Coach Sparks is a great coach and a fine person.

Farragut's best coach ever was Ken Sparks. He coached Farragut in the late 70's and led them to something like a 29-5 record during his tenure. That included a state AAA semifinal appearance in 1978 with a 1 pt. loss to Red Bank in double overtime. Farragut was undefeated up to that point and had been ranked #1 in the state. Unfortunately Coach Sparks moved on to become the Head Coach at Carson-Newman College after the 1979 season, where he has since led C-N to 5 national championships and numerous National runner up finishes, in both NAIA and NCAA Div. II football. He is now one of the most respected college football coaches in the country.

While Farragut has had several really good years since then, including a couple of more Semi-final years and several Qtr. final years, and has had several good coaches since then, just imagine how good Farragut might have been if Coach Sparks had stayed all this time at Farragut. IMO, if Coach Sparks had stayed, then Farragut would have had a number of state championships in football to go with the many state championships that they have won in many other sports.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt in Rhea County the late Coach Bill Horton. He took Rhea to there only two state finals appearances in the schools history. His staff has some coaches who went on to have good careers at other schools and at Rhea County- Tim Hammontree, Brad Payne (won a state title in Georgia),and Current Offensive line coach Coach Mitchell and some of the players that coach horton coached are now coaches themselves at the high school- Coach Fitzgerald and Coach Smith.

I would like to know who every poster thinks is the best coach that their school has ever had. Please post your opinions and why

At Cosby it has to be the current head coach TYLER SHELTON! I just don't think that people should forget the rest of his coaching staff! I can't think of all their names but this years staff is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

Although, he may not be the "Best Ever" becase that title goes to E.B. Red Etter. Coach Jones is the best Coach in Present Day at Chattanooga Central. Before he got here we were not worth a crap. We could not even beat Lookout Valley, while his first year was tough, he lead us to grounds that we had not even imagined before he got here. Since he was run off, they have been nowhere close to the same form. So it is with that reason that I nominate my coach, Coach Jones as the best COACH.