Phillip Fulmer

sls

As a Notre Dame fan, I have to ask you (and no malice intended, even though it sounds like it on the surface), what makes you think that Chris Donald (a) knows what your attitude would be; (:) cares what you attitude would be if you were in his place? As for a "true connection" to him, do you root for Erik Ainge (Oregon), Arian Foster (California),Demetrice Morley (Florida), Robert Meacham? or 3/4 of the other Vols, whose "true connection" to the Volunteer State is that Tennessee offered them a scholarship?

I happen to have been born, grew up and played in Huntingdon. I hope Donald goes to Notre Dame and does well. If he doesn't go to Notre Dame, I hope he does well at Tennessee--and I hope he gets a degree that means something and realizes that (a) his life will not end when he stops playing football; and (B) that his mission in life is not to please people who pay to see him play on Friday night.

Notre Dame has targeted Donald, Golden Tate of Pope John Paul II and Harrison Smith of Knox Catholic as their blue chippers in Tennessee this year.

Again, my apologies, but it just seems so arrogant of you to believe that Chris Donald should make his decision on how you and/or people like you think you would feel.

What are you....a commie? B)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Phil Fulmer, John Chavis, and Charlie Weis were all in Huntington i hope the local buffets closed down early!

When the Tennessee guys came in the gate hardly anyone was there yet. And yes, the first place they stopped was the grill!! The ND guy was seen eating at the local Mickey D's before the game.

As a Notre Dame fan, I have to ask you (and no malice intended, even though it sounds like it on the surface), what makes you think that Chris Donald (a) knows what your attitude would be; (B) cares what you attitude would be if you were in his place? As for a "true connection" to him, do you root for Erik Ainge (Oregon), Arian Foster (California),Demetrice Morley (Florida), Robert Meacham? or 3/4 of the other Vols, whose "true connection" to the Volunteer State is that Tennessee offered them a scholarship?

I happen to have been born, grew up and played in Huntingdon. I hope Donald goes to Notre Dame and does well. If he doesn't go to Norte Dame, I hope he does well at Tennessee--and I hope he gets a degree that means something and realizes that (a) his life will not end when he stops playing football; and (B) that his mission in life is not to please people who pay to see him play on Friday night.

Notre Dame has targeted Donald, Golden Tate of Pope John Paul II and Harrison Smith of Knox Catholic as their blue chippers in Tennessee this year.

Again, my apologies, but it just seems so arrogant of you to believe that Chris Donald should make his decision on how you and/or people like you think you would feel.

Augielio, we finally agree on something. I'm not a ND fan, but I see what you are saying. Donald is going to be a stud on the gridiron wherever he goes, the main thing is that he walks away with a degree, and I believe he will. Just because he was born and raised in this state doesn't mean he has an obligation to play at UT and none of us can blame him. Just like UT is not obligated to offer players from this state. Just ask Patrick Willis, they thought he was good enough to "walk on".

Everyone has their own opinion, and I bet Chris has his own. I just hope he is able to enjoy the rest of his senior season, and Huntingdon is able to get healthy and win some ball games. Its doesn't seem normal to not be looking at a Huntingdon/Milan game in the playoffs. :)

BTW, whens the last time that any 1 Coach has walked into Tennessee and walked away of 3 of its top 5 recruits? It should never happen, but there is a good chance of it this year. I hope it doesn't, but you have to admit that ND is the most powerful school in college football and if they offer, they almost always end up in the final 2.

Augielio, we finally agree on something. I'm not a ND fan, but I see what you are saying. Donald is going to be a stud on the gridiron wherever he goes, the main thing is that he walks away with a degree, and I believe he will. Just because he was born and raised in this state doesn't mean he has an obligation to play at UT and none of us can blame him. Just like UT is not obligated to offer players from this state. Just ask Patrick Willis, they thought he was good enough to "walk on".

Everyone has their own opinion, and I bet Chris has his own. I just hope he is able to enjoy the rest of his senior season, and Huntingdon is able to get healthy and win some ball games. Its doesn't seem normal to not be looking at a Huntingdon/Milan game in the playoffs. :)

BTW, whens the last time that any 1 Coach has walked into Tennessee and walked away of 3 of its top 5 recruits? It should never happen, but there is a good chance of it this year. I hope it doesn't, but you have to admit that ND is the most powerful school in college football and if they offer, they almost always end up in the final 2.

Thanks, Montague, I just think that if a high school football player in Tennessee wants advice about where to take his scholarship, he will ask for it. Imagine all the people in Florida and Georgia and all the other states who think that the top high schoolers there have a "true connection" to their state colleges and those who go to UT, USC, Oklahoma and wherever are just not loyal. If the Vols had to compete in the SEC with high school recruits from Tennessee only, you could convert half of Neyland Stadium into married student housing--and Vanderbilt and Memphis, MTSU and the rest would have to go to Division II.

I'm not at all certain that ND will get those 3 guys--odds are that they won't. I would settle for 2. Harrison Smith is a tremendous receiver and could be a wideout or safety in college. Tate is a definite wide receiver, just as Donald, who is also a fullback, is suited for the way ND plays its Will or weakside linebacker.

Let me ask your opinion on something else--Is Jax Southside head and shoulders above everyone else in Region 6 3-A? And is JCM going to regroup and win any more games? That train has been headed for a wreck for over a year now.

Edited by Augielio

Thanks, Montague, I just think that if a high school football player in Tennessee wants advice about where to take his scholarship, he will ask for it. Imagine all the people in Florida and Georgia and all the other states who think that the top high schoolers there have a "true connection" to their state colleges and those who go to UT, USC, Oklahoma and wherever are just not loyal. If the Vols had to compete in the SEC with high school recruits from Tennessee only, you could convert half of Neyland Stadium into married student housing--and Vanderbilt and Memphis, MTSU and the rest would have to go to Division II.

I'm not at all certain that ND will get those 3 guys--odds are that they won't. I would settle for 2. Harrison Smith is a tremendous receiver and could be a wideout or safety in college. Tate is a definite wide receiver, just as Donald, who is also a fullback, is suited for the way ND plays its Will or weakside linebacker.

Let me ask your opinion on something else--Is Jax Southside head and shoulders above everyone else in Region 6 3-A? And is JCM going to regroup and win any more games? That train has been headed for a wreck for over a year now.

Jackson Southside is one of the best teams in the west. I've seen Crockett County and Ripley from 7-3A, C.C. and S.S. would be one heck of a game. JCM has the best LB's around but somethig just isnt right over there, VG can answer that 1. But, we can talk about that on another thread. Matter of fact I'll PM you sometime, theres something I've been meaning to ask you anyway.

Edited by montague1

Would like to see C. Donald in Orange next season. He is a good linebacker and deserves all of the attention he is getting this year. I know as of right now the Vols have the #1 DB (Eric Berry) in the nation, the #1 outside LB (Chris Donald) and the #1 DT (Marvin Austin) leaning towards UT. Sure would make a great recruiting class for this season.

As a Notre Dame fan, I have to ask you (and no malice intended, even though it sounds like it on the surface), what makes you think that Chris Donald (a) knows what your attitude would be; (:blink: cares what you attitude would be if you were in his place? As for a "true connection" to him, do you root for Erik Ainge (Oregon), Arian Foster (California),Demetrice Morley (Florida), Robert Meacham? or 3/4 of the other Vols, whose "true connection" to the Volunteer State is that Tennessee offered them a scholarship?

I happen to have been born, grew up and played in Huntingdon. I hope Donald goes to Notre Dame and does well. If he doesn't go to Notre Dame, I hope he does well at Tennessee--and I hope he gets a degree that means something and realizes that (a) his life will not end when he stops playing football; and (:o that his mission in life is not to please people who pay to see him play on Friday night.

i was saying what i would do in that situation and i am not trying to get him to base his decision on that, so take a pill dude. if donald is happy at ND then great at least he's gonna be gettin atop notch education.

i was proud of my boys...we took a 7-0 lead in the first quarter and they tied it up bout midway through the first which made it 7-7...huntingdon scored in the second which made it 13-7....huntingdon got the ball to start the second half and took a 21-7 lead after a 2 point conversion...huntingdon scored again in the fourth quarter which made it 28-7...gibson co. scored with bout 7 min left on the clock and attempted a 2 pt. conversion...i dont know why but they did and failed on the 2 pt. conversion which made it 28-13 and that was the final...donald got to show off in front of fulmer on the defensive side leveling our qb and completely knockin out antoine....thats when the mustangs got rollin after the knockout on cunningham....good luck to huntingdon in the rest of the season :blink:

Actually it was big Cedric Harris , who was wearing number 77 for some strange reason instead of his normal number 79, who brought the lumber to Cunningham and laid him out cold for about 30 seconds. I feel that Fulmer had to be pleased with what he saw from Donald, 2 qb sacks for big losses , several assists and also ran in 2 tds. Crocker was impressive as well and showed a lot of toughness running the ball. I think we're in pretty good shape now to take on USJ and Humboldt. Looking at the region standings and the way things are, our playoffs start this week at USJ.

Actually it was big Cedric Harris , who was wearing number 77 for some strange reason instead of his normal number 79, who brought the lumber to Cunningham and laid him out cold for about 30 seconds. I feel that Fulmer had to be pleased with what he saw from Donald, 2 qb sacks for big losses , several assists and also ran in 2 tds. Crocker was impressive as well and showed a lot of toughness running the ball. I think we're in pretty good shape now to take on USJ and Humboldt. Looking at the region standings and the way things are, our playoffs start this week at USJ.

need to play like this when fulmer aint watching :rolleyes: