Phillip Fulmer

sls

If they are looking for a good linebacker -- they need to check out Josh Smith from Temple. He is 6'2, 240, and is a pretty good athlete.

Don't kid yourself that is disrespecting both athletes Josh Smith is a fine player and I could see him doing very good things at say UTC (or probably since he is from the Chatt. area somewhere like Furman or TN. Tech) but he is not on the level of Chris Donald who is the #1 recruiting prospect in the state and a 5-star rated player and considered to be one of the top 2 or 3 linebacking prospects in the country!

Edited by Sequatchie

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but there is a big difference in a recruiting trip and an official visit. And, if I were him I would pass on the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE as well. He can probably do so much better.

yeah, UT is only third in the nation at producing NFL calibur athletes. who'd want to play for a program that's produced some of the best professional players in the nation. :thumb:

yeah, UT is only third in the nation at producing NFL calibur athletes. who'd want to play for a program that's produced some of the best professional players in the nation. :lol:

amen to that brother. you know i never could understand why if you're born and bred in the great state of tennessee why you would want to root for some other states team. ALWAYS TRUE TO THE ORANGE AND WHITE! GO VOLS! donald knows what's best for him and if he chooses the irish over the vols then so be it. while most west tenn. fans will be dissappointed we'll get over it. i just hope he understands that if i was in his situation i would rather have 107,000 fans rooting for me on saturday that i have a true connection with than a bunch of notre dame fans who i don't.

How did the Mustangs look against GC?

i was proud of my boys...we took a 7-0 lead in the first quarter and they tied it up bout midway through the first which made it 7-7...huntingdon scored in the second which made it 13-7....huntingdon got the ball to start the second half and took a 21-7 lead after a 2 point conversion...huntingdon scored again in the fourth quarter which made it 28-7...gibson co. scored with bout 7 min left on the clock and attempted a 2 pt. conversion...i dont know why but they did and failed on the 2 pt. conversion which made it 28-13 and that was the final...donald got to show off in front of fulmer on the defensive side leveling our qb and completely knockin out antoine....thats when the mustangs got rollin after the knockout on cunningham....good luck to huntingdon in the rest of the season :thumb:

amen to that brother. you know i never could understand why if you're born and bred in the great state of tennessee why you would want to root for some other states team. ALWAYS TRUE TO THE ORANGE AND WHITE! GO VOLS! donald knows what's best for him and if he chooses the irish over the vols then so be it. while most west tenn. fans will be dissappointed we'll get over it. i just hope he understands that if i was in his situation i would rather have 107,000 fans rooting for me on saturday that i have a true connection with than a bunch of notre dame fans who i don't.

As a Notre Dame fan, I have to ask you (and no malice intended, even though it sounds like it on the surface), what makes you think that Chris Donald (a) knows what your attitude would be; (:thumb: cares what you attitude would be if you were in his place? As for a "true connection" to him, do you root for Erik Ainge (Oregon), Arian Foster (California),Demetrice Morley (Florida), Robert Meacham? or 3/4 of the other Vols, whose "true connection" to the Volunteer State is that Tennessee offered them a scholarship?

I happen to have been born, grew up and played in Huntingdon. I hope Donald goes to Notre Dame and does well. If he doesn't go to Notre Dame, I hope he does well at Tennessee--and I hope he gets a degree that means something and realizes that (a) his life will not end when he stops playing football; and (B) that his mission in life is not to please people who pay to see him play on Friday night.

Notre Dame has targeted Donald, Golden Tate of Pope John Paul II and Harrison Smith of Knox Catholic as their blue chippers in Tennessee this year.

Again, my apologies, but it just seems so arrogant of you to believe that Chris Donald should make his decision on how you and/or people like you think you would feel.

chris will go where he wants he can write his own ticket. i wish the best for chris deep down chris knows where he wants to go.everyone from carroll co will respect his choice. when he's playing in the nfl i can say ive seen him grow. ive seen him play baseball as well he could of went either way, baseball or football he is awesome in both sports..... good luck to you chris your life has just started the fields are wide open to you, if you want it go for it