Covington Vs. Crockett County

CHARGERFAN

What do you think?

Crockett evidently has the Irresistable Force -their Offense. From the scores they have been posting, it appears that they are very hard to stop. I am worried about that. How good are they?

Covington has the Immovable Object - their Defense. The Offense gave up a field goal vs. Dyersburg via an interception return to inside the 10 yard line, and last night the Offense gave up 6 points to Ripley via a fumble inside the 10 yard line that was returned for a touchdown, but the Defense has not been scored on the last two weeks.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think?

Crockett evidently has the Irresistable Force -their Offense. From the scores they have been posting, it appears that they are very hard to stop. I am worried about that. How good are they?

Covington has the Immovable Object - their Defense. The Offense gave up a field goal vs. Dyersburg via an interception return to inside the 10 yard line, and last night the Offense gave up 6 points to Ripley via a fumble inside the 10 yard line that was returned for a touchdown, but the Defense has not been scored on the last two weeks.

crockett is the real deal but i think it will be close maybe crockett by 7 or less

Edited by bulldoggfan

This should be a GREAT game. Some things to think about:

Matchups: The best offense in region 7AAA (Crockett) is up against the best defense (Covington)...Crockett County is averaging over 40 points per game while Covington is only giving up a little more than a TD per game. Covington's performance against Dyersburg and Ripley is scary. Those are two quality programs that were held to 9 points total. Is it correct that Ripley only amounted to 26 yards of total offense last week?

History: Crockett County has never won in Covington. It's no secret that Crockett County plays much better in Cavalier Stadium than they do on the road; in fact the Cavaliers only win over Covington (ever) was in Alamo in the 2001 state-semifinal game. The Cavaliers won 12-9. The Cavaliers have played in Covington three times: In 1991 Covington won 33-0. In '98 the Charges won 30-0, and last year in the quarterfinals Covington won 25-7. Crockett County is 1-6 against Covington all-time.

The revenge factor: Covington beat Crockett County twice last year. So there will be a little extra motivation when it comes to practice this week.

I would make a prediction, but...I don't make predictions!

I REALLY wish I could make it to this game, but alas....I will be in Knoxville, because on Saturday I will be sitting on the 50 yard line, in the front row :blink: as Tennessee beats the tar out of the Crimson Tide. Look for me on TV guys....I'll be all "painted up"!

Edited by FormerCav

This should be a GREAT game. Some things to think about:

Matchups: The best offense in region 7AAA (Crockett) is up against the best defense (Covington)...Crockett County is averaging over 40 points per game while Covington is only giving up a little more than a TD per game. Covington's performance against Dyersburg and Ripley is scary. Those are two quality programs that were held to 9 points total. Is it correct that Ripley only amounted to 26 yards of total offense last week?

History: Crockett County has never won in Covington. It's no secret that Crockett County plays much better in Cavalier Stadium than they do on the road; in fact the Cavaliers only win over Covington (ever) was in Alamo in the 2001 state-semifinal game. The Cavaliers won 12-9. The Cavaliers have played in Covington three times: In 1991 Covington won 33-0. In '98 the Charges won 30-0, and last year in the quarterfinals Covington won 25-7. Crockett County is 1-6 against Covington all-time.

The revenge factor: Covington beat Crockett County twice last year. So there will be a little extra motivation when it comes to practice this week.

I would make a prediction, but...I don't make predictions!

I REALLY wish I could make it to this game, but alas....I will be in Knoxville, because on Saturday I will be sitting on the 50 yard line, in the front row :thumb: as Tennessee beats the tar out of the Crimson Tide. Look for me on TV guys....I'll be all "painted up"!

Great analysis. I'll will be looking for you Saturday on the tube

Good to see you are on here today, Crockettfan! What are your thoughts on the game coming up with Covington? Covington D is good, but can they stop the Cavs O? I didn't say slow it down some, I said Stop it? What are your thoughts?.......

Slow it definitely. Stop it- I just don't see it. I'm not going to knock Covington- they definitely have had our number in the past. But I think this is the best team the Cavaliers have ever fielded. After witnessing the first quarter against Dyer County, I would hate to have to come up with the defensive gameplan against the Cavalier offense now.

After seeing the slow-down, physical rushing attack for years, it was down-right amazing to watch the hurry-up, no-huddle spread offense click to near perfection.

I don't see this as being a high scoring game. I'm gonna go with the Cavaliers, 21- 13.

Slow it definitely. Stop it- I just don't see it. I'm not going to knock Covington- they definitely have had our number in the past. But I think this is the best team the Cavaliers have ever fielded. After witnessing the first quarter against Dyer County, I would hate to have to come up with the defensive gameplan against the Cavalier offense now.

After seeing the slow-down, physical rushing attack for years, it was down-right amazing to watch the hurry-up, no-huddle spread offense click to near perfection.

I don't see this as being a high scoring game. I'm gonna go with the Cavaliers, 21- 13.

Gotta say crockett wins..... 24 to 14

Go cavs!!!

Covingtons defense is one of the best I have ever seen in HS football. With that being said Crockett has a very potent offense. The only problem that I see on either side is Covingtons offense. As of late they have really struggled to find the handle on the football. I feel that the Charger Defense still gets the job done and hold Crockett to 14 pts or less but the offense will add no support in the battle. Therefore Crockett comes away with a low scoring victory.