Tennessee Temple - State Champs?

Green_Acres

To the person who said we are a recruiting supposedly Christian school, you need to know the facts before you make statements. Temple does NOT recruit. Four years ago, Coach Beard and Coach Skogen took the BASKETBALL team, and a few other guys and started a football team. We did not go get athletes. In four years we have had THREE transfers....all of which were legit TSSAA approved non Temple initiated transfers. I've known public schools who have 10 times that many transfers. It says alot for a bunch of guys who play BASKETBALL to be succeeding some at the football level. While I am NOT saying Temple is going to win the state since there are so many other fine football teams in the state, we are a very good team and we have done things completely fairly. Now more importantly, why don't you visit www.tntempleacademy.com. You will learn that Temple truly is a CHRISTIAN school first and foremost. I cant say anything for the other schools, but I can tell you Temple's purpose for existance is for giving honor and glory to our Saviour Jesus Christ. Every single thing that we do, including academics, athletics, etc, we believe in doing our very best for the glory of God. And at the end of the day, if we have some success, He gets the praise.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the way the temple fans get on here and hype themselves, youd think it was a lock for them to win state.

well Temple is a good team . my opinion they played the Game of there Life against spitt .. and spitt played the worse game in 3 years...But I tell ya this if we meet again. In finley stadium. i wont set with the Temple fan's ill be behind the Pirates.. and I challenge every Pirate fan to do the same.

Edited by Geno

Tell your players your thoughts, from the stands where I was at, if your school is a Christian school after all the cussing from the players and coaches that I heard from the stands, I'm turning the another faith.

You know the more you post, The more childish you get... I sat next to temple fan's .. they we well respectful and i didnt hear not one cuss.

I have a life. A group of player and coaches need to reflect what their school is about on the field and sidelines.

I think your stereotype of Christianity is faulty. It seems to me that the players and coaches are intense and deeply emotional over the game. It may be that you are so used to hearing redneck language you just assume that every time someone gets excited they must be using profanity. I can assure you that Temple's coaches were not using profanity. They care more about seeing young men become great men then they do about winning or losing a ball game.

If you did actually hear profanity, be specific about what was said and who said it, if you can. Then it can be dealt with properly.

To the person who said we are a recruiting supposedly Christian school, you need to know the facts before you make statements. Temple does NOT recruit. Four years ago, Coach Beard and Coach Skogen took the BASKETBALL team, and a few other guys and started a football team. We did not go get athletes. In four years we have had THREE transfers....all of which were legit TSSAA approved non Temple initiated transfers. I've known public schools who have 10 times that many transfers. It says alot for a bunch of guys who play BASKETBALL to be succeeding some at the football level. While I am NOT saying Temple is going to win the state since there are so many other fine football teams in the state, we are a very good team and we have done things completely fairly. Now more importantly, why don't you visit www.tntempleacademy.com. You will learn that Temple truly is a CHRISTIAN school first and foremost. I cant say anything for the other schools, but I can tell you Temple's purpose for existance is for giving honor and glory to our Saviour Jesus Christ. Every single thing that we do, including academics, athletics, etc, we believe in doing our very best for the glory of God. And at the end of the day, if we have some success, He gets the praise.

jeswins you are in denial, temple needed a quaterback and they found one just as they did two years ago with Kelvin Smithson. I know they recruited him my brother knows his father and he told him, and now you have three new players Ridley, Michael Green, and Larson the quaterback, all seniors and you want everyone to believe they just showed at a great footbal school like Temple who got killed 70 to 22 by Trousdale in the only time they have made to the playoffs. I guees if I was a high school senior I wanted to play for a good football team Temple would have been my first choice! You might even say they made a good choice but reality of it all is without these three new players, Temple would not even be close to being as good as they are now. If you can, tell me where they came from and how they knew about Temple and did they all make a change of address that is required by tssaa. You say Temple has only had three transfers in four years I know of four possibly five myself and if there legit why would the tssaa have to approve them, the school dosn't have to make that request and probably never did.

I always wondered how the Parochial schools suddenly got very good in Basketball in the mid to late 80s when prior to that the were mediocre at best when they were pulling from the student body. Prior to 88, Sale Creek, Whitwell, South Pittsburg, Charleston, and Meigs and Sequatchie (before they moved up) were the Class A Chattanooga teams that were usually good every year.

It appears to start with basketball and spills over to Football. These are observations based on facts. The How is the question.

It's not allowed on this site. But in essence the players were saying "we're kicking their a** and the coach running up and down the sideline pointing over at SP was saying "keep knocking their a** off. I was behind the Temple bench, I KNOW what i heard. So there.

Why come on here to lie? i sat right behind Temple and never heard anything thing of the sort.. a classy bunch.. and neither did you so take you crap to antoher thread. oh i noticed . ur name is sorta new.. was you put up to this?

Edited by Geno