Tennessee Temple - State Champs?

Green_Acres

Do South Pitt and Temple have the same fan base? It seems like both teams are saying they won state before playoffs even start. First South Pitt did, now this thread about temple..... I'm not going to lie and say that FCS hasn't said anything about it, but some fans from both temple and south pitt need to realize that players read these boards. it is not a good thing to start threads like this. All it does is the players read it and think all they have to do is show up to the game and they will win.

don't say temple people are saying this. this is some random guy that no one knows. When I saw this thread I thought it wasn't a good idea. I prefer everyone to assume temple has no chance. That takes pressure off of them, and they can play their hearts out. I doubt after a win over SP that Temple is thinking they will win State.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't say temple people are saying this. this is some random guy that no one knows. When I saw this thread I thought it wasn't a good idea. I prefer everyone to assume temple has no chance. That takes pressure off of them, and they can play their hearts out. I doubt after a win over SP that Temple is thinking they will win State.

Do you know the difference between long and short term goals? Did you happen to hear Chipper Jones at the beginning of the baseball season say that their goal is not to win a division title but the World Series. Almost every team sets their sights on the big prize. Every game they play is against the back drop of a championship. You and all the rest are fooling yourselves if you think the Temple boys and coaches do not have their sights on the State Championship. They are reaching for the immediate goals of winning each game with a view to the big game in the end. Go take a poll of the players and coaches and see if they are not thinking and talking about it.

Don't forget. I was one of the few on the messageboards talking about the potential Temple had and how South Pittsburg should be careful to not overlook us.

You "prefer everyone to assume temple has no chance?" You think Temple can roll into an 8-0 record and likely a 10-0 record and you think everyone is just going to assume Temple does not have a chance. Temple committs probably one of the biggest upsets in the last 30 years against the team that everyone even still believes will go far in the "Boro" and you still hope that everyone assumes Temple has no chance. Temple is now ranked 6th but even ranked at 8th you still are thinking that people assume Temple has no chance.

You do not sound like any Temple fan I have ever heard of and if you are, you better get back in your space ship and fly back down to Earth. You can rest assured that the other single a teams are looking at us hard. We may have been able to keep our jets cruising under the radar for the first 7 games but after Friday's game, no one is thinking that we do not have a chance.

You sound like you are afraid. Think! Why are the boys are playing so well? Is it because nobody thinks they are any good and they have something to proove? No! It is because they have a state championship in view.

Just so you know. I am not some random guy. You would be surprised to find out how well known I am around campus.

Do yourself a favor... have a heart to heart with yourself and become a real fan of Temple's players or go find yourself another school that you can support.

Edited by Pasture

I'm not saying that temple shouldn't be thinking and hoping for a state championship because they should. Heck, i think even RBS should because if you aren't playing for a championship them what are you playing for? but if you want to voice your support for Temple then start a thread titled "good job Temple" or "proud of temple". Threads that say temple - state champs? will only get their heads big. There is a difference in encouraging your team and supporting the boys, and things like this thread. Some kids will read this thread from temple and start thinking they have already won. You can say what you want about temple being hungry to prove something, and they wouldn't think that, but if you tell anyone enough times that they can win state and should win state, they will start to think that it will be easy and they won't have to work for it.

What happened to the other post about the Temple/South Pitt game?

I'm sure that the Temple players are not getting on here saying that Temple is going to win the state championship. Of course, it is their goal -- but it is way too early to start talking about who is going to win it all. The Crusaders just need to focus on Copper Basin this week and work hard in practice.

gallery_16352.jpg

TheChattanoogan.com Photo Gallery from the Temple/South Pitt Game

Coach T Photo Gallery from the SP/Temple Game

Edited by moc3balla

I think that if you start talking about winning state and what it will take to get there and win it, then the boys will work hard because they will understand the sacrifices they will need to make to have a shot. Nobody knows for certain who will win.

The absurdity of the comments some of you guys have made made that generally communicate that if we start telling the boys they are good enough to win a championship, that might somehow disturb their fragile lives or get them out of focus is overwhelming and beyond my comprehension. I must be the one living in some far out place.

I know that the high school boys basketball players have already set their sights on winning the basketball championship this year. I have heard them say they believe they are going to win it this year. Basketball season has not even really started yet. Should we say to those boys, "Shhh... Don't say that! The other little boys might get a big head and then not be able to play."

Telling the boys they can win a championship does not give them a big head, it makes them work harder towards a goal.

The thread was started for those who wanted to discuss the idea of Temple going that far, not to blow smoke and try to make kids think they are better than what they really are. I wanted to discuss and hear from people who know what the possibilities were that Temple could go and what it will take for them to get there. What are the realities of the situation? Is it a realistic consideration? If they win region and they likely will, who would they most likely face in the first round, second round? What are the teams like in the other regions? Will Temple be able to play any of their games at Finley? If so, how many? Based on what we have seen out of the guys this season and what we know about other teams, what are their chances? If South Pittsburg, finishes second and we are both successful, when would we see them again?

I think you guys may have misunderstood the intent of this thread. ;)

If you were well known around campus you would know who PBG030 is. Maybe you are just new to coacht but he's respected among Temple posters. Most of us still let the boys playing do the talking by the play on the field. We don't need support by posters of other schools on here.

I said that I was well known. I did not say I knew others well. I am only new to Coacht as a poster. I have been reading the message boards for a long time but only recently decided to start putting in my two cents worth.

There are no boys playing sports on this message board, so if you prefer to hear them talk, why are you on here talking? I do not get to do my talking on the field, so I do it here, just like you, right? From the looks of it, the boys could stand a whole lot more support than they are getting, even if it is from fans from other schools. If you really do like to hear the boys talk, I am sure they would tell you that they appreciate support from anybody.

You must talk a lot in your sleep ;)

Pasture i will answer some of your questions. If temple wins region 3 They will face some combination of region 4 teams. So you would face in some order or another, FCS, Gordonsville, TC, Watertown. Don't know which order on any of those. You would host the first two rounds at your place and if temple makes it to the third round it will be away for temple. If south pitt is successful in the playoffs then you wouldn't meet again until the third round. There is a thread to discuss region 3 meets region 4 where i give my oppinion on the chances of that happening. If you want to know anymore of what i think about how Temple or region 3 in general will do in the playoffs then go to the thread of region 3 vs. region 4. But i will tell you this, If temple (or any team) can survive region 3 vs 4 and make it to the semifinals injury free, then they have a very VERY good shot at a gold ball.

Pasture i will answer some of your questions. If temple wins region 3 They will face some combination of region 4 teams. So you would face in some order or another, FCS, Gordonsville, TC, Watertown. Don't know which order on any of those. You would host the first two rounds at your place and if temple makes it to the third round it will be away for temple. If south pitt is successful in the playoffs then you wouldn't meet again until the third round. There is a thread to discuss region 3 meets region 4 where i give my oppinion on the chances of that happening. If you want to know anymore of what i think about how Temple or region 3 in general will do in the playoffs then go to the thread of region 3 vs. region 4. But i will tell you this, If temple (or any team) can survive region 3 vs 4 and make it to the semifinals injury free, then they have a very VERY good shot at a gold ball.

Thanks for the info! I will check out the thread. ;)

Yea your right- all skogen did was have 3 tds receiving- 1 td pass, and stripped SP's quarterback and ran the ball in for a defensive td..... are you kidding me!!!- ALL HE DID WAS DOMINATE- oh also 7 rec. for 145+ yards.....

but I also saw the running game for temple which went for 265 yards..... that was impressive....

I also saw the running game for temple which went for 265 yards..... that was impressive....

That's sort of the way it's been all season.

Josh Smith led the way with 12 carries for 95 yards.

Joey Skogen had 12 carries for 93 yards.

And Kameron Ridley was 11-81.

5968.gif

Joey Skogen

Edited by oldtimeballer63