Carter @ Fulton

Road2Three

Geez Dana112369, can I get some of what you're smoking?

The only thing Fulton has is Rogan but if it wasn't for the QB & line, they wouldn't be where they are. Which is it??? By the way, they have a pretty sound defensive unit with a stud or two on that side as well.

Bounds is better than Stanton but Stanton was great (he certainly was and the numbers prove it). So Bounds is better than great???

Bounds keeps a better head than Stanton??? Come on, Bounds is a great athlete and fierce competitor but calm and composure aren't exactly his trademarks.

Fulton only beat a 2A team by 3 points??? You are aware that Alcoa is a pretty decent 2A program, aren't you?

The only teans in region 2 are Catholic and Fulton? They field a team at this little school called AE and they're not too shabby. Folks in Kingston and AC might want to discuss this with you as well.

Carter is the best coached and most talented team out there? So that would mean that anything less than a victory over Fulton and a gold ball would be underacheiving, right??? How can the best coached and most talented team out there still have work to do to run with the big dogs???

There are probably some folks in green that might take a little offense to your statement that their sons spent a long time getting "trompled" in AAAA. They won exactly as many playoff games in AAAA as your boys have in AAA and, by the way, were always known as a tough and competetive team.

What will keep these kids out of jail when they graduate?

You might want to dust off your copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" (looks like qbsdad would appreciate it).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Carter has a player suspended for the Fulton game. Is this right and, if it is, is he a contributor?

Does Fulton get either of the guys that were suspended or were they dismissed?

Anyone have any info about Fulton's QB? It looked like he was hurt at the end of the Catholic game. Who plays after him?

SPHornet is right - Fulton has a team but I look for Carter to give them all they want if Carter finds a way to overcome Fulton's huge size advantage.

By the way, QBSDAD, both #11s are players. Where's the older one playing? Oh yeah, you need to post your prediction. You've been money so far; can you keep it up? I'm trying to figure out exactly how much of this month's government check to put on the Hornets.

dana112369, are you ok? Fulton only beat a 2A team by 3 points? You are aware of the fact that the "2A" school the Falcons beat by "only 3 points" is flippin' Alcoa aren't you? Are you serious? Fulton went to Alcoa, possibly the most talented team in the state of Tennessee, with numerous D-1 prospects, a team that beat powerhouse McCallie, and won by "just 3 points". That was probably the most stupid comment I've heard on this board, or any other board, in a long time. I've seen Carter play and Alcoa would have their starters out by halftime if the Hornets played them, especially at Alcoa.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the fact that Alcoa has won the last Two 2A State Championships and will easily win the third one this year, so they don't have too bad of a "2A" program do they? Look for the Falcons to do the same thing they did to Carter last year, on their home field, undefeated, win going away. What was it 36-0? or something like that....

Not through quite yet......It also upsets me to hear that Fulton is a "One man team". Also false. Sure, Rogan is a stud and carries Fulton, no doubt, but he needs a good O-line to run doesn't he?....they also have JaMichael Mathis, who is a very talented playmaker, as Carter will find out. Vic Smith, a talented wideout, and several playmakers on the defensive side of the ball, Gildner, Hamilton, Higgins, Cobb, Stokes. Fulton is a really good TEAM, they just happen to have one special player.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the fact that Alcoa has won the last Two 2A State Championships and will easily win the third one this year, so they don't have too bad of a "2A" program do they? Look for the Falcons to do the same thing they did to Carter last year, on their home field, undefeated, win going away. What was it 36-0? or something like that....

After watching Fulton play Alcoa, then watching the playback of the Fulton and Catholic game. Fulton looked like a totally different team. Yes, some of it was do to Catholic, but Fulton looked sloppy and made way to many mistakes. Plus the loss of Freeney, and the QB that played against Alcoa really takes a lot away from the team.

Edited by BCsportsfan

well there is alot of talk about this game. This game could be repeated in the playoffs. in a few short weeks. but i think the hornets have a good team maybe one of the better ones in 3a but the falcons have a great team and they are one of the best if not the best in 3a. i watched the fulton and catholic game and catholic one because of two things they stopped rogan from making big plays for one and for two they could not stop catholic at all when they needed to.

this game will be a big test for the hornets to see if their domiant d can maintain against a good offense. the next test will be for carter's offense to see if it can score against the best defense they have faced all year. if you remember they could not capitalize a few times this year on offense like against south doyle.

but the falcons will be tested as well carters defense is good and have the ability to stop rogans big numbers and also they are a pretty sound offense by not turning the ball over alot.

this game does not have very huge implications on playoffs because each team has done very well in their respective regions.

one other thing i would like to add the people who think that carter is dead in the water really has not looked at football in a while. any team can win at any time you cant say other wise look what livingston did last year. upset alot of teams on their way to the state championship.

I hope the game is a good one and i wish both teams the best of luck.

Carter 14

Fulton 24

Both teams will be without a key player or two. If I were either team I would be worried. While Carter lost one key player, Fulton lost two and maybe a third with several waiting to fill thier shoes. Looks like it could could a hard call to make. Games being played at Fulton and Looks like the field might be a little sloppy. Could play a big role in the chance of either team having a win. It is also hard to practice in the muck and mud of this weeks weather. Fulton has the upperhand, but you never know. The numbers say Fulton, but who gets the upperhand early with key people missing might make the difference.

Edited by LEONARDSLOSERS

I've been interested in this game all year. This will be a good measuring stick for Carter since there region doesn't seem to help them much. I really want to see the outcome of this. This will show if Carter is for real, or if they just got by with an easier schedule. Personally, I think Fulton will win by 3tds. Good luck to both teams.

When was the Last time a team from Region 1-3A won a state Championship.(This should put all talks about region strenth to bed)

Hey Fulton .. do you know if Stinson is playing friday night or Blair ???? Anybody else out ???? Is Mr Freeney made his way back yet ?????