South Pittsburg vs Silverdale Academy

Geno

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it was the Sophmores who did it, and a few of the Seniors before that. Juniors were the seventh graders when the Seniors did it.

You are right. It is this years Sophs and Freshmen when the Sophs were 8th graders and the Seniors and Juniors when the Seniors were 8th graders. Basically most of them have been on a team that won the SVC Championship

SP's starters played the whole time.

Actually both sides had their 2nd team in at the first part of the 4th qtr. Silverdale put a lot of their first team back in when they were in the red zone to get their first score and then they tried an onside kick. Vic then put a lot of the first teamers back in because that's what Silverdale was doing. SP had a lot of subs in when Silverdale score their 2nd TD at the end of the 4th qtr. SP could have scored again at the end but took a knee

Z P ...... Appreciate the compliment, but unfortunately, TC is not that good: neither is FCS.

We played terrible on offense, and still only came up 8 short. Looks better on paper than

on the field.

:rolleyes:

TC may be down but you won't find me saying they are not good. I'll just say they both had a bad game. I bet they are ready when playoffs get here

I'll predict right now that SP and Silverdale are 1-2 in the region next year. Coach Allen was even joking? about setting up a breakfast club in South Pittsburg and from what I heard was almost proud of how he got his "new kids". This came second hand but they were amazed at how matter-of-fact his comments were. Maybe he was just joking about it all, but I'm beginning to wonder.

I agree with you. Unless something significant happens between now and the summer, the way it looks right now, it will be SP in the #1 spot and SBA in the #2 spot. I think Temple's biggest fear about next year is losing so many quality players. Honestly, though, I think Temple could at least have a winning season next year with a lot of close wins that could have gone either way.

John Allen may have been utilizing more sarcastic humor in his comments. He has been accused so much of recruiting that he may have just assumed those around him knew he was being funny. When I try to be funny nobody ever laughs either :thumb: He has a reputation for having good character, very involved in church, very committed relationship with Jesus Christ. He is not perfect, I am sure.

Not hardly. There were few starters still in but there were plenty of 2nd teamers in there too. For instance the fullback who almost scored before SP starting taking a knee is 2nd string. There were some 2nd teamers who played the whole game because of injuries or sickness. #21 and #2 you could say have been 2nd teamers this year even though they see a lot of playing time.

I was talking about defense wise guy. #21 has started the whole year and #2 would have started the whole year if not for injury. On the defense the only place where starters didn't play the whole game was on the line because they rotate so really they all are starters.

I was talking about defense wise guy. #21 has started the whole year and #2 would have started the whole year if not for injury. On the defense the only place where starters didn't play the whole game was on the line because they rotate so really they all are starters.

Not true. Several 9th graders played the linebacker spots most of the 4th qtr. DBs were rotated too

I agree with you. Unless something significant happens between now and the summer, the way it looks right now, it will be SP in the #1 spot and SBA in the #2 spot. I think Temple's biggest fear about next year is losing so many quality players. Honestly, though, I think Temple could at least have a winning season next year with a lot of close wins that could have gone either way.

John Allen may have been utilizing more sarcastic humor in his comments. He has been accused so much of recruiting that he may have just assumed those around him knew he was being funny. When I try to be funny nobody ever laughs either ;) He has a reputation for having good character, very involved in church, very committed relationship with Jesus Christ. He is not perfect, I am sure.

Thank you for clearing that up Pasture.I could not agree more about everything you just said.Silverdale has a great shot of being 2nd or thrid next year.they will have alot of returners and the transfers will be playin then.Coach Allen is a great man of character and a great football coach and motivator.He will have a pretty good team next fall.

Thank you for clearing that up Pasture.I could not agree more about everything you just said.Silverdale has a great shot of being 2nd or thrid next year.they will have alot of returners and the transfers will be playin then.Coach Allen is a great man of character and a great football coach and motivator.He will have a pretty good team next fall.

I went up and talked to Coach Allen for about 2 min after the game. He seems like a nice guy. As far as recruting rumors I guess he would have to have a sense of humor with all the fingers pointing at him right now. I'm sure it will get worse next year

Let's see if I can make even clearer for you. #40 was playing linebacker at the time he is the starting punter but he is 2nd team linebacker. #83 was playing at the time and he is 2nd team DB. #42 was in there a few plays too and he is a 2nd team linebacker. Our line has been a little banged up and a few players had to step up more because of it and yes some of those are considered 2nd. The best you could say is that Silverdale scored against half the starters and half second teamers. Not to mention the drive for your first TD was penalty aided. Not complaining but that is what happened because penalties happen. Time to move on enough talk about Silverdale. Whitwell is the topic of conversation now.