South Pittsburg vs Silverdale Academy

Geno

I was at the game and South Pittsburgs players have no drive and can't handle a team that will get after them. I sat in the stands and watched what I thought was an average team play.

Was that the only time you had seen South Pittsburgh play?

I have seen them a couple of times and they are normally like a swarm of bees attacking. They were not ranked #2 in the state for no reason. They had one of if not the top scoring offenses in the state. Very few teams out there have had as few points scored against them. You and I have a different definition of average. To me average would be a team that ranks somewhere in the middle of the pile.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bone to pick here...

Why does everyone want to act like the reason South Pittsburgh lost Friday was because of their deficiencies, the refs, the weather, etc.? Temple had their sights set on South Pittsburgh all season. They were more than confident they could win most of their games, but invested extra energy in the ones they thought would be difficult, especially South Pittsburgh. I am sure they watched tapes until they had them memorized. They became students of their opponents and came to the game with an effective plan for winning. Kevin Skogen is a shrewd offensive coordinator and Scott Chastain incites passion on the defense. With Steve Beard and Chip Kell and the others who help out, they have a solid staff. The coaches made as much difference in the win as the players.

I have seen South Pittsburgh play twice now and they played relatively similar in both games. The big difference, is that Temple was very aggressive on both sides of the line. I do not think that there was anything South Pittsburg could have done to prepare themselves for what they faced Friday. I can assure you that if the two teams match up again, it will be a completely different ball game.

Seems Like you cant make up your mind.... I assure you if you watched the Pirates 2 times and you saw the Temple game there was no comparrison.. I see you have one thing right>. if they play again it will be different.

One of the biggest problems with a young team that is good enough to compete for championships is staying focused and sticking to the fundamentals. At schools like TC and South Pittsburg, the additional factor is that every game they play is a "Big" game for the other team and the other team often treats it that way when the young players don't. Every team wants to beat the TCs and SoPitts. 10 or 20 years from now Temple fans and players may not remember many of the regular season games but will be saying things like: "Remember when we hung more points on the Pirates than any one in history?" or "we gave the Pirates one of the worst spankings they ever had."

The Pirates are a big game for Silverdale and Whitwell and the young Pirates better rise to the task. They smell blood and Whitwell is an old in county rival. Nothing stinks worse than loosing to Whitwell except Jasper and Temple. :thumb:

Edited by rlh

I have not lost my mind. I just think that SP was over rated and they were beaten by an average high school team. They are close to being an average team. Neither team will make it pass the 1st round.

Since you just joined Coach T yesterday you are probally some young kid who doesnt know much about sports or life in general. Can I suggest for others to ignore post like this kid has made. If he keeps posting nonsense we will have him removed from Coach T. Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!