Alcoa goes to Oliver Springs this week , predictions ?

Tornadofan15

Alcoa should send only their Freshman and JV teams. Reasons being, it would make for a more interesting game and give OS a glimmer of hope. They could probably keep it within 3 to 4 tds. Also, Alcoa would not risk getting players injured as they head into the playoffs. OS is classless and all about injuring the other team and dirty tactics on the field.

You have got to be kidding. OS has not tried to hurt anyone. I have seen them play Kingston and Loudon and both times the other team got several personal foul penalties. They probably couldn't hurt anyone if they did try. I'm surprised they haven't had p. foul penalties themselves- its hard to be classy when you are getting beat by 60, but they showed class all night. Besides OS's jv went in the 2nd quarter. Yes Alcoa will win by at least 50- they should, they have about 5 D-I prospects. Its not like anyone else around here can stay close to them.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on what you mean by "not trying to hurt anyone". If you don't count using the "N" word all night as not trying to hurt anyone and showing class, sure OS has class. But then what else is new, the teams in basketball the last few years has always done that to the blacks at Loudon.

Alcoa should send only their Freshman and JV teams. Reasons being, it would make for a more interesting game and give OS a glimmer of hope. They could probably keep it within 3 to 4 tds. Also, Alcoa would not risk getting players injured as they head into the playoffs. OS is classless and all about injuring the other team and dirty tactics on the field.

Those are easy remarks to make hiding behind a screen name on a computer! :thumb:

This one got ugly fast. VERY MUDDY field, and alot of personal foul calls (against OS). Final was 62-7. Could have been worse if Alcoa behaved as classless on the scoreboard as OS did one the field. Lots of shoves in the back after the play and lots of words exchanged (I am sure the words worked both ways). It just kept getting worse. There was a personal foul against OS on their extra point, then at teh ensuing onside another against them. I guess they must be stressed because of their record, but they should work harder to get better, not run their mouthes and act out due to frustration. Sad to see a game get ugly like that. Alcoa coach was telling guys to calm down and not let it get to them and not to say stuff back. Must have rained alot harder in OS than Alcoa though. Thats all I will say about that, but my favorite quote of the night:

"Guys, step back to the DRY mud"

-Coach Duncan to players on sideline

It depends on what you mean by "not trying to hurt anyone". If you don't count using the "N" word all night as not trying to hurt anyone and showing class, sure OS has class. But then what else is new, the teams in basketball the last few years has always done that to the blacks at Loudon.

Sadly I heard that word used near the concession stand by a few girls, probably high school or middle school, and then they would laugh like it was so funny. Don't know as to what is said on the field though. I won't condemn the whole fan base by a few, and I hope this was an isolated incident. They shut up real quick when they saw my reaction to their comment and walked away. Like I said, I hope it was isolated.

You have got to be kidding. OS has not tried to hurt anyone. I have seen them play Kingston and Loudon and both times the other team got several personal foul penalties. They probably couldn't hurt anyone if they did try. I'm surprised they haven't had p. foul penalties themselves- its hard to be classy when you are getting beat by 60, but they showed class all night. Besides OS's jv went in the 2nd quarter. Yes Alcoa will win by at least 50- they should, they have about 5 D-I prospects. Its not like anyone else around here can stay close to them.

Not tried to hurt anyone??? This must've been the first game the players reached through facemasks to scratch up Alcoa's faces. One of our players has a pretty bad scratch that just barely missed his eye...could've been bad.

I could tell something was going on (besides the mouthing that usually takes place) watching my son out on the field. (He's not an "emotional" player, by any means!) He did say that he asked one of the coaches if he's ever had a player reach into his helmet and scratch his face: the coach said yes; my son asked if he had ever played OS, and the coach laughed and answered "yes"!! Looks like that's been their style of play for a while.

Thank goodness no one on either side was injured/hurt. I'm very proud of our boys (hoodlums as some on this board called them last year!) for representing their team, school, and community well.

I sure felt sorry for the homecoming court walking down the field in their high heels, sinking into the mud! Why in the world did they schedule Alcoa for their homecoming??? Congratz on the td, OS!

In a show of class, one of the OS' coaches apologized to one of our coaches about their kids' behavior. After I heard that, I knew that something had happened out there, whether it was things that were said or something physical.

Edited by aliastn