Columbia vs. Centennial

zoosee12

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin's O didn't have to do much - when the Columbia O kept delivering the ball to the Franklin D, who needs an offense.

Franklin D scored on a pick (first play from scrimmage for Columbia O), then after Franklin O scores to make it 14 - 0, the Franklin D decided they weren't through. Columbia tries to lateral to their Tailback - and a blitzing safety intercepts the lateral and returns it for a TD.

Score at that Point: Franklin Defense 14 - Franklin Offense 7, Columbia looking for the locker room.

Centennial really kept it close against Brentwood in a game that no one thought would be that close. Their last two touchdowns came late from generous field position (turnover on downs, interception) and they scored another one off a blocked punt. We've really been coming on as of late and I think this is the week it finally pays off.

Centennial 24

Columbia 14

PS: In response to the Centennial fan thing, nothing could be further from the truth. In our last few home games, a large number of students have been at the game. Just check the parking lot during the tailgate and you'll see the entire right side filled up with students. Centennial football is still tradition and the fans come out to see it.

columbia has as much talent especially at skill positions as any team around but for whatever reason they are just awful and turn the ball over like it is coated with grease and set on fire.

Don't know who the coach is he may be a good guy/coach but for whatever reason it is just not getting done

I still pick columbia because centennials fans have convinced me they can't win

columbia has as much talent especially at skill positions as any team around but for whatever reason they are just awful and turn the ball over like it is coated with grease and set on fire.

Don't know who the coach is he may be a good guy/coach but for whatever reason it is just not getting done

I still pick columbia because centennials fans have convinced me they can't win

Well, we're not too concerned what you are convinced of, as long as the players on the field have some hope. :)

Once again, the problem with Columbia is that they have no discipline. Very similar to the University of Miami situation. There's a bunch of thugs on the team, and no one is straightening them out.

I'm excited for this game for the sole reason of that lack of discipline. The wishbone ran by Centennial involves defensive patience, and if Centennial can run it DECENTLY, they should score some points.

we convinced you that we cant win?

are you serious??

if you go to the main page and click on the latest article on centennial you will see how ready they are to win

i think drew put it right in the paper: win this game and it will be like winning the state championship for us

if we win

we'll storm the field

not to be cocky but merely thats how excited we'll be this game

i stand by my score

centennial-26

columbia-16

but from all this talk of how columbia turns it over so much i might have to go less for columbia and add some to centennial

this might be a huge win for centennial and we're ready and waiting for it

and that might actually get us ready to play a really tough franklin team

This week is the week for us. Our offense is the best its been all season. The only concern is our defense, but Columbia's mistakes should offset that. The Brentwood game really gave the school a buzz and more importantly gave us confidence. This would give us a huge boost for next week.

Who knows, maybe the entire Franklin team will be caught stealing burgers from the cafeteria the day before the game.

Well, we're not too concerned what you are convinced of, as long as the players on the field have some hope. ;)

Once again, the problem with Columbia is that they have no discipline. Very similar to the University of Miami situation. There's a bunch of thugs on the team, and no one is straightening them out.

I'm excited for this game for the sole reason of that lack of discipline. The wishbone ran by Centennial involves defensive patience, and if Centennial can run it DECENTLY, they should score some points.

I know someone very close to the situation at Columbia and from being around it you can see the problem. Offensively they are struggling because they are starting 9 sophmores and benching some of there better players. The offense will not play anyone who doesnt come to practice period. You dont play if you get a stupid personal foul either. But defensively they are allowed to play. there are kids who dont practice all week and still play defensively on friday nights. now the offense can take all the blame that people want to put on them but they are doing the right thing. kids dont wanna play offense because disiciplie is enforced on that side of the ball. it is not fair to the offensive coaches to take the blame from this situation. they are doing the right thing to try to build character and the other ones are not. until every coach is on the same page on discipline it will never work.

I know someone very close to the situation at Columbia and from being around it you can see the problem. Offensively they are struggling because they are starting 9 sophmores and benching some of there better players. The offense will not play anyone who doesnt come to practice period. You dont play if you get a stupid personal foul either. But defensively they are allowed to play. there are kids who dont practice all week and still play defensively on friday nights. now the offense can take all the blame that people want to put on them but they are doing the right thing. kids dont wanna play offense because disiciplie is enforced on that side of the ball. it is not fair to the offensive coaches to take the blame from this situation. they are doing the right thing to try to build character and the other ones are not. until every coach is on the same page on discipline it will never work.

This is very similar to the CHS situation last year. We had some injuries and some Freshman and Sophomores were forced to step in. Although it might seem bad short-term, some of guys (Like Kelly and Scales) are gonna have great experience by their senior year.

i think that is very true because they are starting pretty much there entire jv offense on friday night with an exception of 2. i think the offense has disicipline they are just very young. i feel bad for them trying to do the right things as far as the disicipline thing cuz its hurting them as far as there on the field results, but im sure it will pay off for them cuz the administration knows the situation and knows why they are struggling but to the blind eye know one has a clue. those kids are the ones who want to play and the ones who dont miss practice. the defensive well thats entirely different.