Columbia vs. Centennial

zoosee12

Well, we're not too concerned what you are convinced of, as long as the players on the field have some hope. :D

Once again, the problem with Columbia is that they have no discipline. Very similar to the University of Miami situation. There's a bunch of thugs on the team, and no one is straightening them out.

I'm excited for this game for the sole reason of that lack of discipline. The wishbone ran by Centennial involves defensive patience, and if Centennial can run it DECENTLY, they should score some points.

Hey

Im not hating on centennial I have never seen them play so I know nothing about them but the head coaches name(gregory) and the only reason I know that is because I have read on here numerous times from centennial fans how bad a coach he is and he needs to go etc etc that is what I meant about you convinced me

trust me it would not be a huge shock if centennial beasts columbia but having seen them they do have some talent especially the 2 lbs and some skill players

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I happened to see bits and pieces of the second half of the Brentwood / Centennial game last night on the tube - the Cougar offense actually looked good on a few of the plays - including the pass for a touchdown and a scramble by the QB (#5).

Both being when the score was 30 - 13, was this against the 2nd and 3rd unit from Brentwood - or their starters? If it was against the starters - Centennial has come quite a long way from when I saw the Fr Ryan game.

Curious.

Edited by faninthestand

it suprisingly was against the brentwood starters

brentwood never got a comfortable lead until 10 seconds left in the game so they were forced to keep their starters in

of course one or two injuries prior to the centennial game for brentwood probably didnt help but centennial still looked sharp and even when the got down early they kept their heads up

I know someone very close to the situation at Columbia and from being around it you can see the problem. Offensively they are struggling because they are starting 9 sophmores and benching some of there better players. The offense will not play anyone who doesnt come to practice period. You dont play if you get a stupid personal foul either. But defensively they are allowed to play. there are kids who dont practice all week and still play defensively on friday nights. now the offense can take all the blame that people want to put on them but they are doing the right thing. kids dont wanna play offense because disiciplie is enforced on that side of the ball. it is not fair to the offensive coaches to take the blame from this situation. they are doing the right thing to try to build character and the other ones are not. until every coach is on the same page on discipline it will never work.

The coaches at Columbia Central don't even like each other. There was a fight between 2 coaches on the sidelines last year during a game. That is how bad the problem is. Until the administration admits there is a problem nothing will be done with the program. They need to get rid of all the coaches they have and start over with a new staff that is strong on discipline and demands it from the players. Lots and lots of talent on the team, but poor coaching and total lack of discipline lead them nowhere year after year.

I happened to see bits and pieces of the second half of the Brentwood / Centennial game last night on the tube - the Cougar offense actually looked good on a few of the plays - including the pass for a touchdown and a scramble by the QB (#5).

Both being when the score was 30 - 13, was this against the 2nd and 3rd unit from Brentwood - or their starters? If it was against the starters - Centennial has come quite a long way from when I saw the Fr Ryan game.

Curious.

Actually, the starters stayed in for the entire game.

The coaches at Columbia Central don't even like each other. There was a fight between 2 coaches on the sidelines last year during a game. That is how bad the problem is. Until the administration admits there is a problem nothing will be done with the program. They need to get rid of all the coaches they have and start over with a new staff that is strong on discipline and demands it from the players. Lots and lots of talent on the team, but poor coaching and total lack of discipline lead them nowhere year after year.

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND HIS LITTLE BUDDY ARE THE BEST COACHES IN THE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

hey everyone guess what?

CENTENNIAL WON A GAME

today is the happiest day of my high school career

we stormed the field and everything and planted the flag at midfield

CENTENNIAL-20

COLUMBIA-13

in OT

Centennial went up by 13 at half

but columbia came storming back in the 4th

williams caught a long TD catch

and with 3 minutes left centennial's barlar got hit and fumbled and they returned it for a touchdown

i was shouting OH NO ITS JUST LIKE THE FRANKLIN GAME OF 04

but still we had to make noise on the PAT

i swear i have never heard this crowd louder

everyone was shouting

all the junior guys were kicking the fenses and it was extremely loud

and by golly the kicker missed and we went crazy

so OT came and centennial scored on a coffee run

and OT ended with a lamont harris bat down and we stormed

IT WAS INCREDIBLE

for those of you who missed it i feel sorry for you

ok thats all

Edited by zoosee12

hey everyone guess what?

CENTENNIAL WON A GAME

today is the happiest day of my high school career

we stormed the field and everything and planted the flag at midfield

CENTENNIAL-20

COLUMBIA-13

in OT

Centennial went up by 13 at half

but columbia came storming back in the 4th

williams caught a long TD catch

and with 3 minutes left centennial's barlar got hit and fumbled and they returned it for a touchdown

i was shouting OH NO ITS JUST LIKE THE FRANKLIN GAME OF 04

but still we had to make noise on the PAT

i swear i have never heard this crowd louder

everyone was shouting

all the junior guys were kicking the fenses and it was extremely loud

and by golly the kicker missed and we went crazy

so OT came and centennial scored on a coffee run

and OT ended with a lamont harris bat down and we stormed

IT WAS INCREDIBLE

for those of you who missed it i feel sorry for you

ok thats all

congrats centennial your team and fans needed this one bad!!