JCM-Raleigh Egypt

Yanker

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you speak for the team and coaches or are you just saying what you would like to see happen??? The YANKER is confused as to why on earth Munford would want to face a team that they barely beat for a second time??? I can understand why the losing team would want that to happen...and I would assume HC would want to play you again...but the YANKER does not understand why Munford would want to have to play someone that they have already defeated. Are you all that cocky down there or do just not think much of the HC team?? The YANKER has no dog in this fight but it strikes the YANKER a little odd when you say that "we wish for the same thing"...please explain this to a confused YANKER!!!

I speak only for myself. I wouldn't mind playing HC after a physical game with Melrose which mind you gives us a home game instead of a trip to Memphis. If you check our scores against the region all our games are close. Yanker you ask if we're cocky we're one year away from 2-8 we're happy to be playing in Nov. and not be a 4th round seed.

I speak only for myself. I wouldn't mind playing HC after a physical game with Melrose which mind you gives us a home game instead of a trip to Memphis. If you check our scores against the region all our games are close. Yanker you ask if we're cocky we're one year away from 2-8 we're happy to be playing in Nov. and not be a 4th round seed.

The YANKER has just NEVER heard of a team wanting to play a team from their own region in the playoffs that they had already beaten during the season. The team that lost the regular season game ALWAYS wants revenge but the team that won in the season usually wants no part of a rematch unless they feel a victory is CERTAIN. The YANKER, given that way of thinking, is amazed that you want to play HC AGAIN unless you do not think much of them.

The YANKER has just NEVER heard of a team wanting to play a team from their own region in the playoffs that they had already beaten during the season. The team that lost the regular season game ALWAYS wants revenge but the team that won in the season usually wants no part of a rematch unless they feel a victory is CERTAIN. The YANKER, given that way of thinking, is amazed that you want to play HC AGAIN unless you do not think much of them.

Yanker, it makes perfect sense to me. Munford, by playing Henry County would get the opportunity to play at home. On the other hand if HC lost , Munford would be on the road and going in to Orange Mound. If you've never been there you wouldn't believe what all happens. I worked several East-Melrose games and you could hardly move in the stadium area. Lot of the locals refer to this type of big game as a 'Turkey Legs and Gunfire Happening' (This is no joke!) While it is festive for the thousands of Melrose followers, it is definitely a distraction for the visiting team coming in, particularly if they have never experienced anything like the huge home crowd (rowdy is being kind) and the mystique of playing in the MOUND. So, I can understand the Munford thought process. Also, playing Melrose is no prize either. Both teams would be tough to beat!!! But I think the opportunity of staying at home and playing a HC team would give Munford their best opportunity of competeting with a very good HC team. Just my thoughts!

Yanker, it makes perfect sense to me. Munford, by playing Henry County would get the opportunity to play at home. On the other hand if HC lost , Munford would be on the road and going in to Orange Mound. If you've never been there you wouldn't believe what all happens. I worked several East-Melrose games and you could hardly move in the stadium area. Lot of the locals refer to this type of big game as a 'Turkey Legs and Gunfire Happening' (This is no joke!) While it is festive for the thousands of Melrose followers, it is definitely a distraction for the visiting team coming in, particularly if they have never experienced anything like the huge home crowd (rowdy is being kind) and the mystique of playing in the MOUND. So, I can understand the Munford thought process. Also, playing Melrose is no prize either. Both teams would be tough to beat!!! But I think the opportunity of staying at home and playing a HC team would give Munford their best opportunity of competeting with a very good HC team. Just my thoughts!

i hadn't thought of it in that way.... it makes since now.

Playing HC at home rather than going to Melrose makes sense to the YANKER as well my "noffering" friend. The YANKER thought he just wanted HC...period...and I did not understand that. I have been to the "Mound" many times through the years and have never felt anything but welcomed there. Melrose thrives on

the "intimidation and danger" that has become legend down there....the YANKER does not buy it. Yes, the area may be ripe with crime, but the times I have been there, and that would be between 10 and 20, I have been impressed with their crowd but the intimidation factor is way overblown!!!

Edited by Yanker