Carter McMasters or Philip Jurick ?

3ball30

Carter is not that good and he is not an SEC type of player because he will get manhandled by the 250 pound power forwards. He is a European type player who is a Dirk Nowikski wanna be. Mark my word he will not succed in the SEC and will never make it to the pros. He will go to Lee University and be a 4 year starter who is always injured

Did you really say that he is going to lee university. Your and idiot. not many top 100 players(Unapproved Website) go NAIA.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not big enough to play inside(6-8 232lbs.) and is not skilled enough to play on the wing. AND Harris Walker is not the most talented point guard to come through Chattanooga in the last 10-15 years. A guy by the name of Porter Roberts played at CSAS(graduated '92) then at Purdue where he helped guide the Boilermakers to 3 Big Ten Championships in 4 years. He had a good career overseas and would have played for the 76ers when he came out of school if it were not for the lockout.

I think Rashard can do it because he is a very good rebounder and Ben Wallace is only 6'8" Sir Charles was only 6'4". Its the size of the heart that matters. I still think that Harris is better than Roberts he just didnt get to prove it on the next level as long as Roberts did. But he did make a sweet 16 appearance

It is Jurick who is rated 27th. That is 27th in the class of 2008. Carter's in the 80s or 90s. I guess you are correct since the SEC only recruits top 50 players. I guess since I played BB against ACC players and SEC players college coaches should ask me about recruits as well. Call Coach Pearl you can save him another trip to Grace.

Simmer! :) I don't think he's a bad player. I also don't claim to be a talent scout. All I said was that in my opinion, he won't play SEC basketball. Just my opinion, that's why I'm on a message board and not in an office getting paid money to scout basketball players. I realize your boy is having big-time coaches come watch him. You've made your point. I'm just stating my opinion. We'll see in a year or two :):)

He was 7-13 in that game (2-5 from 3 point land) seems like pretty good game for a sophmore playing with four seniors on the biggest stage in high school basketball.

I do remember him shooting well in that game. But I wasn't necessarily talking about his shooting, because he did shoot well, and had a pretty shot. I was talking about his post play, which is where he'll play if he plays. I was also talking about his lack of running the floor. Just something I noticed......

Why wouldn't you hope for the best for both of these guys? I personally think it would be pretty cool to see 2 kids from Chattanooga make it to the SEC/ACC. It's been quite a while (CJ Black?) since somebody inside the city limits has made it big-time.

I absolutely do hope the best for both guys. I would love it if both of them won a national championship and went on to make millions in the NBA. I think it would be AWESOME if BOTH of these guys made it.

I was talking about his post play, which is where he'll play if he plays. I was also talking about his lack of running the floor. Just something I noticed......

He will not be used in the post at the next level. He will play outside like a pick and pop type player. And I think he runs the floor extremely well for a kid his size.

He will not be used in the post at the next level. He will play outside like a pick and pop type player. And I think he runs the floor extremely well for a kid his size.

Could be; like I said I just saw the one game. And I know players do change/improve a lot from year to year, especially in high school, so.....

Did you really say that he is going to lee university. Your and idiot. not many top 100 players(Unapproved Website) go NAIA.

Bet you won't say that to my face! If you had enough sense to understand my comment you would see what I was saying and I even clarified that later. Lee University was a joke, I was being scarcastic. Do you know what that means? Idiot.

I said he is not an SEC type of player.

Edited by Get em

Back to the Jenning-Jones comments. He will get paid LOTS of MONEY to play professional basketball!!! And it will prob. be in the NBA. I know him and can tell you that he has one of the best work ethics I have ever seen! He would come and practice with us and would dominate all of our post guys when he was a sophmore at Chatt State, our guys were juniors and seniors. He is a beast in the weight room and tenacious on the boards. Is he really on the cover of SI that's awesome.

Edited by spydaman2405

Carter and Phillip! Carter has the potential to be alot funner to watch but Phillip is the blue collar rebounder all college coaches look for. He's ranked 27th nationally and that ranking will only go up! It took him until last year to realize that he was the biggest kid anywhere he goes. (Joking he's not stupid he just didn't want to hurt anybody). Please remember that both these kids are only juniors and very young juniors at that. Carter could easily beef up and be an athletic post. Phillip is on his way although he's not there yet. He did average nearly a triple double last year but alot of his rebounds were off his own misses. This match-up will be fun to watch!

I think Rashard can do it because he is a very good rebounder and Ben Wallace is only 6'8" Sir Charles was only 6'4". Its the size of the heart that matters. I still think that Harris is better than Roberts he just didnt get to prove it on the next level as long as Roberts did. But he did make a sweet 16 appearance

Harris may have been a better athlete, but Porter was a better basketball player. Walker did not get the recruiting attention that Robert's got. Bob Knight, Jim Calhoun, and others all came down to watch Porter Roberts. Rashaad will play overseas, not in the League.

I have seen Carter play many times and I am certain the only interest any schools have in him at this point is his height. He may break 7 foot by the time he graduates but he is going to really have to work harder than he has in the past to make it in the SEC. Obviously, he is still young and a ways to go but at this point, but I just do not see anyone giving him a chance unless they need someone to Windex the backboards?

He is pretty easy to shutdown and in no way was he a "big" contributer to Grace's success last year.

I have seen Carter play many times and I am certain the only interest any schools have in him at this point is his height.

What about the fact he shoots better than most guards? He runs the floor better than most big men. And a coach from the University of Georgia said that Carter (during his sophmore year) was more skilled than ANY of the post players on Georgia's team. Sounds to me like he has a little more going than just his size.

What about the fact he shoots better than most guards? He runs the floor better than most big men. And a coach from the University of Georgia said that Carter (during his sophmore year) was more skilled than ANY of the post players on Georgia's team. Sounds to me like he has a little more going than just his size.

Where did you read that?? and no im just asking not being a smartelic