AP Tennessee Prep Poll

oldtimeballer63

The AP poll is a joke. They rank people based on record and that'd it. Gordonsville sits at 5-3 right now, with their losses coming to Smith County(a pretty darn good 2A team; lost 27-6), Trousdale County(last years 1A state champion;lost 22-19), and Friendship Christian(lost 21-12; number 1 ranked team). They have beat teams like Westmoreland(this years region 4-2A champion) and Upperman(a 2A playoff team). Gordonsville should be ranked in the top 10

Preach it brother! :thumb:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can also look at who votes on the poll.

A reporter from Cookeville, one or two from Nashville, one from Memphis, one from Jackson, and the rest are from Knoxville. May not be exactly right, but I'm close.

These reporters can't have seen even a third of these teams play.

Very True. I like the idea of a poll, but at least know something about the teams, and not go based on record solely. Gordonsville is better than there record speaks, and for those who say SP doesn't deserve a top 10 spot, ever think Temple might just be THAT good?

The AP poll is a joke. They rank teams based on record and that's it. Gordonsville sits at 5-3 right now, with their losses coming to Smith County(a pretty darn good 2A team, a playoff team, and number 2 in their region, behind Westmoreland, whom we beat; lost 27-6), Trousdale County(last years 1A state champion;lost 22-19), and Friendship Christian(lost 21-12; number 1 ranked team). They have beat teams like Westmoreland(this years region 4-2A champion) and Upperman(a 2A playoff team). Gordonsville should be ranked in the top 10

Gordonsville is ranked 4th in there own region and you think they should be ranked in the state,,, :lol:Dont expect to be ranked even if you beat Maryville,when youve lost two regional games.You are right on one thing, the ap poll dont mean anything after next week.

Agreed, the number 1 position, right behind Temple. To be the man you gotta beat the man. They did.

Actually, if you want to go by the same rankings that your talking about, then south pitt wasn't the man. They were the second man, i believe that your saying should be "to be the understudy you gotta beat the understudy"

Gordonsville is ranked 4th in there own region and you think they should be ranked in the state,,, :lol:Dont expect to be ranked even if you beat Maryville,when youve lost two regional games.You are right on one thing, the ap poll dont mean anything after next week.

my point exactly. The poll is voted by uneducated people. You are just proving my point for me. They did lose 2 region games, to the number 1 team in the state(lost by 9), and then lost to TC by 3(and everyone knows about TC). Gordonsville plays WT this week, and they are going to prove they are for real. Ask FC or TC if they think GV is a good football team. When you play muffin teams all the time like in some regions where there are only 1 or 2 good teams. Region 4 is good from top to bottom with the exception of RBS and Celina.

Thanks for the support. But its not that we care, but it just shows that the AP poll is a joke. That was my whole point of my post. But thanks for the comment. As a Gordonsville Alum., I know they appreciate it.

GV will win this week and like I said, after next week it dont matter, and your right the AP poll is a joke.

Thanks for the support. But its not that we care, but it just shows that the AP poll is a joke. That was my whole point of my post. But thanks for the comment. As a Gordonsville Alum., I know they appreciate it.

I said a while back ,the AP is a joke. But it don;t make a bit of difference come playoff time.