A/AA tournament bracket contest

BigG

Madison vs. Jackson Christian (it doesn't matter)

I don`t normally respond to a boy, but yeah it does matter. There are lots of young women on both teams that have worked hard to get this far. They will go out there and play their heart out for a chance to go to a state championship tournament. One day when you become a man you`ll understand these things better.

Good luck to both JCS and Madison.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t normally respond to a boy, but yeah it does matter. There are lots of young women on both teams that have worked hard to get this far. They will go out there and play their heart out for a chance to go to a state championship tournament. One day when you become a man you`ll understand these things better.

Good luck to both JCS and Madison.

Perhaps what futbolboy meant was that some teams focus on getting TO STATE...where other teams focus on nothing less than WINNING STATE...just getting there is not a goal....but that is just a guess.

Well I just read in the Jackson Sun the reason why Madison lost their game with JCS. Here is the qoute from the JSC coach....

"The difference was their Christian faith, and themselves," JCS coach Bill Duffy said. "Madison played a great game, had more shots, but Shelby Towater stepped up."

Does this mean that when JCS gets beat by CAK that CAK has more Christian faith than JCS? Can someone please explain that comment to me? I`m a Christian and I sure can`t understand it? I wonder if Coach Duffy thinks that there are no Christians in public schools. I`m sorry but that was a very arrogant statement by the JCS coach to presume his team has more Christian faith than any other team. :thumb:

Well I just read in the Jackson Sun the reason why Madison lost their game with JCS. Here is the qoute from the JSC coach....

Does this mean that when JCS gets beat by CAK that CAK has more Christian faith than JCS? Can someone please explain that comment to me? I`m a Christian and I sure can`t understand it? I wonder if Coach Duffy thinks that there are no Christians in public schools. I`m sorry but that was a very arrogant statement by the JCS coach to presume his team has more Christian faith than any other team. :thumb:

Sometimes (actually a lot of the time) the newspaper can unintentionally twist what the coach was trying to say. I don't think that the coach was trying to say that the reason they won is because they were better Christians than the other team. Sometimes the faith of a team is the glue that can hold different personalities together. If I had to guess, he was probably trying to give the glory of the victory to God, and it just didn't come out right. I'd probably give him the benefit of the doubt, and hopefully he might try and work on his "press skills" (which is a trait that is hard to learn...)

Sorry if you were offended, VG. I hope that I am reading the guy right, and it was just a misquote.

I have a daughter that plays on the JCS team. Toward the latter part of the season our girls made a commitment to one another to play to glorify God -- win or lose. It's not about being the only christian, or better christians than anyone else. It's simply about being committed to things that are more important than soccer, and having a good attitude win or lose. I don't think anyone can be critical of that (though I am sure that some will be).

Honestly, any one of us who follows any team in West Tennessee has seen the local media occasionally do a poor job of representing what was actually said or done, haven't we?

Hope this helps.

I have a daughter that plays on the JCS team. Toward the latter part of the season our girls made a commitment to one another to play to glorify God -- win or lose. It's not about being the only christian, or better christians than anyone else. It's simply about being committed to things that are more important than soccer, and having a good attitude win or lose. I don't think anyone can be critical of that (though I am sure that some will be).

Honestly, any one of us who follows any team in West Tennessee has seen the local media occasionally do a poor job of representing what was actually said or done, haven't we?

Hope this helps.

I`m not criticizing the JCS team they played hard and played a good game. I`m just going by what your coach said.

"The difference was their Christian faith, and themselves," JCS coach Bill Duffy said.

You have to admit that comes across pretty arrogant. It not only assumes that Madison`s kids don`t have a Christian faith themselves, but that somehow JCS players have a stronger one. I`d be willing to assume the JCS coach doesn`t even know most of the Madison players to make such a statement. Since you are a parent, I`d really like to hear what he meant by that if you have time to ask him. Imagine this week if you get beat by CAK (or for that matter a public school if you were playing one) and you read that the coach said the difference in the game was their teams Christian faith. I think you`d feel like the Christian values of your players were attacked. Anyways..good luck at state. You guys got a very tough draw.

I`m just gonna assume he was misquoted.

VG,

I can certainly see where someone would be bothered. But, I truly think it was a case of trying to say something one way and, in the heat of the moment and all the emotion, it came out another. We've all done that, haven't we?

Honestly, our girls have played with and against yours. Our families know your families. Lots of good people on both sides of the field and stands.

Good game last night. It could have turned one way or the other in an instant.

And, thanks for the luck. We'll need it (and then some).

I`m not criticizing the JCS team they played hard and played a good game. I`m just going by what your coach said.

You have to admit that comes across pretty arrogant. It not only assumes that Madison`s kids don`t have a Christian faith themselves, but that somehow JCS players have a stronger one. I`d be willing to assume the JCS coach doesn`t even know most of the Madison players to make such a statement. Since you are a parent, I`d really like to hear what he meant by that if you have time to ask him. Imagine this week if you get beat by CAK (or for that matter a public school if you were playing one) and you read that the coach said the difference in the game was their teams Christian faith. I think you`d feel like the Christian values of your players were attacked. Anyways..good luck at state. You guys got a very tough draw.

I`m just gonna assume he was misquoted.

VG, I read that article and I think it is all in how it is interpreted. I don't think Coach Duffy meant anything by it, but maybe could have been said differently. I don't think it was/is the JCS Coach's intention to diss Madison's christian faith. I think he was purely talking about his team, it's Christian Faith/values and how that helped them win. Nothing intended/intentional IMO.