Mr. Football Official Thread

CoachT

I have seen a lot of football this year, and have seen many good 1-A players and most of them are in Region 4. Trousdales Blake Satterfield is a difference maker on the field I know he only played in 1/2 the games but his presence has meant more to any team that I have seen. Gordonsville's Justin Smith is a dual threat QB that is for real run and pass. Lineman Trondeze Burmley Trousdale County very big and exceptionally strong player, Gordonsville's Robert Halfacre has been dominant, Monterey's #73 very good as well, Friendship's Wade Mitchell MLB makes tackles everywhere very good, and Gordonsville's Travis Alexander LB/RB makes a ton of tackles and is a great RB as well (not for sure about any stats but I know Mitchell and Alexander are both very high in tackles close to or over 100. I have seen Catholics Harrison Smith in 3-A and he is the real deal as well no doubt the best all around player I have seen all year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach T,

I got to go with Robert Francis of Perry Co. He's a senior and has had a great year, Being that he played JV last year to heal an injury he got during the summer prior. But got in shape this year and was ready to play. With his "will not quit" attitude he ended being the def. capt. playing at MLB and has been the leader he wanted to be. With that, he has lead his team in tackles every week with at least 10 or more all tackles at all places on the field. Some were for lost yardage but alot were when it counts. For instance running 50 yds diagonally across the field to catch up to the RB who got away stopping a TD run. Most of the time hes the last tackling effort on the team. He just never gives up, Perry Co. will not make the playoffs this year but with Robert's Leadership, he continues to push his teammates every week as if they are. Robert has a 3.56 gpa and hopes to seek further education and to also play football with any school that will select him. His stats this year include 113 tackles, 1 INT, 1 blocked field goal, 1 sack few forced fumbles, his most notable is in the game against AA Decatur Co./Riverside where he tackled a player in the end zone that forced the ball out of the rec. hands on 4th down and :20 left in the game, that gave PC their 1st win ever by a AA team in PC's history. with the 113 tackles and still 1 game remaining, Robert has the tackling record for Perry Co. He has done so much for this teams defense he has to be considered a nomination for Mr. 1A Football lineman.

Kevin Cooper D2AAA- best back in the state and one of the finest in the country. He definalty should be up for mr. football look at his stats and look at his line. 1500 yards with under 200 pound lineman is sick. Bj coleman is also a very fine player to and dont forget about sidnet tarver for the d2aaa lineman

If you havent seen Seth Skogen play, youre really missin out. He is really gifted. Ive been convinced since i saw the south pitt temple game. He does it all, all, and all. Great on both sides of the ball. A joy to watch. He deserves it more than neone else, hes led a four year program to a region championship against all odds, no one gave temple a chance against south pitt, and he helped a lot w/ the win. Dailey can win it next year :(

I would have to say I pick Jareth Baldwin (OL/DL) of Fairview. He hits and plays hard. There is usually two players on him at all times and they avoid trying to take the ball through his side.

Ok I am going to say as for his character, there couldnt be better in my eyes. He never complained when he lost his home and his horse. He he mowed lawns his freshman year and made sure he was at practice every day and practiced hard.

His Sophmore year, he worked all through it. He would get the tar beat out of him holding the line on a friday night and would be at work early saturday morning.

And when things are tight at home-- well Jareth always helps out finacially when he can. And your right,, I couldnt ask for a better son. He practices hard, plays hard and has a heart of gold. AND reguardless of who you are I know he would give you the shirt off his back.

:rolleyes:

3A Back - Harrison Smith

He does everything, and does it well.

As a running back: 1091 rushing yards (9.5 avg) with 18 TDs

As a WR: 319 yards (18.8 avg) and 3 TDs

On defense: 31 solo tackles, 17 assists and an interception

He also has a punt return for a touchdown and pretty much single-handedly beat Fulton (55 yards and 1 TD rushing, 168 yards and 2 TDs receiving)

If you havent seen Seth Skogen play, youre really missin out. He is really gifted. Ive been convinced since i saw the south pitt temple game. He does it all, all, and all. Great on both sides of the ball. A joy to watch. He deserves it more than neone else, hes led a four year program to a region championship against all odds, no one gave temple a chance against south pitt, and he helped a lot w/ the win. Dailey can win it next year :blink:

Seth Skogen is a great player and a great person. He is a leader both on

and off the field. :D

This junior-senior thing shouldn't be an issue. Marco Daily is hands down the best athlete in 1A. Most of the comments on here about him have come from foes of MP, not all MP fans. Marco's numbers are there and they are the best in the state. Who cares if he is a junior, this award should go to the kid who deserves it most and this coment "he can win it next year is garbage". That just tells me they also know Marco is better, but they want there guy to get it because he is a senior.

This junior-senior thing shouldn't be an issue. Marco Daily is hands down the best athlete in 1A. Most of the comments on here about him have come from foes of MP, not all MP fans. Marco's numbers are there and they are the best in the state. Who cares if he is a junior, this award should go to the kid who deserves it most and this coment "he can win it next year is garbage". That just tells me they also know Marco is better, but they want there guy to get it because he is a senior.

Gerald Riggs won it as a Junior as did BJ Coleman of McCallie. Ryan Moore of McCallie won it as a sophmore....