7-4A vs 8-4A

No you dont have nay friends,

but I will agree with these folks you call friends, Fairley may indeed be the team to beat out of that region and Munford will have hteir hands full with them, I would rather play Melrose than Fairley at this point. I thnk our strength matches up better with Melrose than with Fairley.

Do you say this because of all the success HC has had against Melrose through the years my "clueless" friend???

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everybody, what's done is done. Everything that happened with this team and that team in the past doesn't mean a hill of beans. Now we have to play the games. Everything will become a lot clearer tomorrow. We will know who the 3 and 4 seeds are from each region and we can go from there. Then we can really analyze match-ups! Looking forward to it guys.

What can you tell us about Memphis East, that is likely who we will play in the first round.

Apparently u dont understand that munford is a different team and we dont mind playin re or east because we can beat them both.We have already beat henry county and jcm and you have them in front of us.You must take munford as a fluke but 4-0 and region champs that is no fluke.

Edited by mhscougars75

OK wtnoff, you pontificated well enough, now it's time to prognosticate. We want you to lay it out from Round 1 to Round 3. Make assumptions on who gets what seeds and run with it. We wanna know what you think as well. Ok? Now hop to it! Chop Chop! ... :) Don't just tell us who plays in the quarterfinal game .... tell us who wins it!

Alright...You asked for it and here it is!!! Round 1-Melrose vs #4 Region 7. Whether it is Brighton or JCM or Hardin County, Melrose wins! Eliminate #4 Region 7 whoever it is! Fairley vs #3 Region 7. Whether it be Brighton or JCM, Fairley wins!! East vs Henry County-East has not seen the likes of the Henry County team. Add to the fact they will have the ride to Paris will only add to their problems. Winner -Henry County. Munford vs Raleigh-Egypt. This will be a little closer than many think. A fair defense will keep the Pharoahs within 2 touchdowns. Nevertheless the winner will be the surprise team of Region 7, Munfordl. Round 2-Melrose vs Henry County. Man what possibilities for a dandy!!! Perhaps the best defensive team in West Tn. vs a rock-solid Henry County team. Henry County will have to make the trip to the Mound. This represents a long bus ride and playing in a hostile environment. Been there, done that (last year) Knowing what to expect the Patriots play up to their potential and leave Orange Mound with the WIN! Up the road to Munford where the Fairley Bulldogs visit an old friend in the former coach at East. I'm going to go with the ole coach and the cinderella Cougars! Past experience and having played Fairley for a number of years adds to my reasoning! Round 3- Wow...Who would believe it! Munford in the quarters vs Henry County. In the first meeting, Henry had control for the first half but only had a touchdown lead. Munford found something in the second half and put 21 consecutive points on the board. Whatever they found, they will remember. It's true the clock does strike midnight but not until the semis. YOU ASKED!!!! MUNFORD

Trust me....

You don't want East north on Highway 51.

And you know that Cougar.... lol........

Get ready for R.E. Hope yall make it to round 3.

Good Luck.

T.C.

We'll be ready for who ever makes the trip out of Memphis. Memphis East is much improved and very talented but who have they beaten with a winning record other than Mitchell? I'm not knocking the East team I just don't think they've been tested like they will be in the playoffs. coachtcrawford let friday sort itself out and once we know who goes where I think we'll have some interesting conversations. Good luck.

Edited by cougarmike

Questions? Anyone and Everyone answer please.

Will Melrose discover an offense in time for the playoffs?

Is Fairley for real or are they just second best in a weak region?

How did Munford win region 7 and should I start to worry about end of times?

Who can stop Henry County?

Will it be another short stay for the 4's of the two region's?

What is the most likely upset?

Will the East-Munford match up happen?

What will be the best game?

Edited by QBncharge

Am I going to have to put out an A.P.B. on OMW and OMN? Do we have any Fairley or R.E. folks reading this as well? Where oh where is Trader B? Come on Memphis folks, give us some comments. Analysis. Synopsis. Anything. :ph34r:

KWC,

You know what, KWC--I have absolutely NO IDEA how this interesting topic slipped under my radar screen! I didn't even realize that it was in existence, until this very moment (even now, I stumbled upon it).

Anyway, first, I'll have to go back and read all the different posts.... I look forward to chunking my hat into this "74A vs 84A" fray!

We'll be ready for who ever makes the trip out of Memphis. Memphis East is much improved and very talented but who have they beaten with a winning record other than Mitchell? I'm not knocking the East team I just don't think they've been tested like they will be in the playoffs. coachtcrawford let friday sort itself out and once we know who goes where I think we'll have some interesting conversations. Good luck.

Well Cougar Mike

I guess the stage is set. I know you are breathing a sigh of relief that East beat Raliegh Eygpt. Man for about week there I know you all were biting your finger nails saying "East needs to beat R. E. so that we can play an extra game or two."

Well relax it's over, yall get R.E. and we are headed to Paris Tn.

Good Luck to you guys, And congrats on the great season.

Hopefully on 11/17/06, we will get the opportunity face off on N. 51 HWY

That will be a contest of great interest to lot fans.

Again Congrats

T.C.

P.S. Get Ready Henry County. We are on the way.

T.C.

Questions? Anyone and Everyone answer please.

Will Melrose discover an offense in time for the playoffs?

Is Fairley for real or are they just second best in a weak region?

How did Munford win region 7 and should I start to worry about end of times?

Who can stop Henry County?

Will it be another short stay for the 4's of the two region's?

What is the most likely upset?

Will the East-Munford match up happen?

What will be the best game?

HC will be hard to beat. The best matchup is HC and Melrose in round 2 at the mound. HC will win 17 to 14.

:P Good one kwc! I like your style. I don't think we have chatted much since last years Melrose/Henry County game. But I guess I'll take a stab at it:

Round 1

Melrose (H) vs. JCM/Brighton = Melrose wins, too tough of a Defense for either team.

Henry County (H) vs. East/R.E. = Henry County wins with a high powered offense and a substantial enough D to get the job done.

Fairley (H) vs. JCM/Brighton = Fairley wins, again too tough for either team.

Munford (H) vs. East/R.E. = Munford wins with disciplined attack, they just find a way to win.

Round 2

Melrose (H) vs. Henry County = I really think this would be a tossup. Melrose seems vulnerable this year. A great defense is not enough to win a game versus a multi-faceted high power offense. Since I am Big Red through & through, Henry County wins.

Munford (H) vs. Fairley = as much as I would like for my Region 7 brethren to win, I don't think they can pull one out against a very stingy Fairley defense. Fairley wins.

Round 3

Henry County (H) vs. Fairley = Again a tossup, hard to predict this one. But I don't think that Fairley has seen the likes of the offensive weaponry that HC has. Henry County in a close one 21-17.

Oh how I would love to see it turn out like this!!!

You do realize munford beat henry count?

Well Cougar Mike

I guess the stage is set. I know you are breathing a sigh of relief that East beat Raliegh Eygpt. Man for about week there I know you all were biting your finger nails saying "East needs to beat R. E. so that we can play an extra game or two."

Well relax it's over, yall get R.E. and we are headed to Paris Tn.

Good Luck to you guys, And congrats on the great season.

Hopefully on 11/17/06, we will get the opportunity face off on N. 51 HWY

That will be a contest of great interest to lot fans.

Again Congrats

T.C.

P.S. Get Ready Henry County. We are on the way.

T.C.

We are goin to handle ours.I just hope yall are able to accept gettin knocked out in first round.Have a nice ride!

We are goin to handle ours.I just hope yall are able to accept gettin knocked out in first round.Have a nice ride!

Who can't handle R.E.

Deep down in your gut you know that you all were praying to play R.E. & not East.

East getting knocked out the first round....lololololololol...

Man Plz.

Everyone is 0-0 now. So you all can calmed down about your regional season record. It's over. Good for yall. This is where it really means something.

I would tell yall to brace yourself for East but, I highly doubt that you all will make it out the 2ND round. But hey tell your guys to keep their heads up, & that they had a great year & that there is always next year.

T.C.