7-4A vs 8-4A

I agree East is a young talented team with a bright bright future. Everyone is talking about East not being discipline and make many mistakes. They seem to be cutting down on the mistakes, and with that being said H.C. please be ready.

H.C. is going to have to be mistake free as well to win. I can't believe their record is 6-4 and they didn't make any mistakes... come on. That's probably how Munford beat them. I was not at the game but I'm sure they made some mistakes. However, I did attend the H.C. vs Ridgeway two years in a row in Henry County. AND I was not impressed at all.

That being Said Let's get ready for a great game. ANd Like EastMustang stated earlier. Respect is coming :thumb:

T.C.

I have read these threads for the last four or five years and have restrained myself and never posted, but the time has come. I can't contain myself any longer. I am a Patriot fan but a realistic one. When you say you saw the two Ridgeway games and are "unimpressed", do you think that makes you sound like you know something about football? In fact, it does the opposite. Ridgeway was better both years but Henry County was quite impressive this year in defeat. East posters are running their mouths and saying NOTHING! Henry County is good and I'm sure you are. I am "unimpressed" with your slaughter at Melrose but I expect you to be much improved when you come to Paris. I am on here for the duration now that I have made the mistake of getting on here at all. I doubt the Patriots are concerned about whether or not you are impressed with them but it shows your lack of knowledge about the game itself when you say you were not.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on TSSAA website and it looks like the winner of the Melrose's bracket will be home no matter the seeding in the 3rd round, the way I am looking at it is if Hardin county or Henry county or East wins in the second round that Fairley and Munford may travel to a team in their region seeded lower. Am I reading this right?

I was just on TSSAA website and it looks like the winner of the Melrose's bracket will be home no matter the seeding in the 3rd round, the way I am looking at it is if Hardin county or Henry county or East wins in the second round that Fairley and Munford may travel to a team in their region seeded lower. Am I reading this right?

Here's the deal. If the two teams are from the same region then the highest seeded team is the home team.

Edited by MemCityCoach

I don't think any team can have all there games at home. They have to travel at least once, if I read correctly.

If you look at the bracket at the TSSAA website, you will see a little (H) in some of the brackets, which pre-determines home field advantage for the 2006 playoffs. Next year the situation will be reversed. Case in point for 2006 ... If Melrose continues to win, the will have homefield through out the playoffs until the championship game, then they would travel to Murphreesboro. The same is true for Munford until they got to the third round. If Melrose gets to the third round, Melrose hosts, otherwise, Munford would host if they got to the third round. Whichever team wins the 3rd round would host the fourth round (semi-final and would play the winner of 5/6, who I think may very well be Hillsboro.) I hope that helps.

If you look at the bracket at the TSSAA website, you will see a little (H) in some of the brackets, which pre-determines home field advantage for the 2006 playoffs. Next year the situation will be reversed. Case in point for 2006 ... If Melrose continues to win, the will have homefield through out the playoffs until the championship game, then they would travel to Murphreesboro. The same is true for Munford until they got to the third round. If Melrose gets to the third round, Melrose hosts, otherwise, Munford would host if they got to the third round. Whichever team wins the 3rd round would host the fourth round (semi-final and would play the winner of 5/6, who I think may very well be Hillsboro.) I hope that helps.

I have read Coacht for several years and have finally decided to post. I am unfamiliar with you so I assume you are from Memphis with what I have read on this thread. Are you a fan of any particular team? What do you specifically know about East? What, if anything, do you know about Henry County? With what you do know, how do you see this game going? You seem to know what's going on, at least in Memphis, so I am interested in your response.

Here's the deal. If the two teams are from the same region then the highest seeded team is the home team.

no, each year in the 3rd rd the home team is switch like last year melrose had to travel to jcm and jcm was lower seed then melrose so in the 3rd and 4th rd get ready to travel to henry co.

Edited by ptownplayer

no, each year in the 3rd rd the home team is switch like last year melrose had to travel to jcm and jcm was lower seed then melrose so in the 3rd and 4th rd get ready to travel to henry co.

ptowner:

You didn't read Memcitycoach's post thouroughly enough. He said if both teams are FROM THE SAME REGION, then the highest seeded team hosts the game. So ... if two region 7 teams make it to the 3rd round ... the the highest seeded region 7 team would host ... and vice versa (1 seed being the highest seed and a 4 seed being the lowest seed). Got it? ... :)

Edited by kwc

I have read Coacht for several years and have finally decided to post. I am unfamiliar with you so I assume you are from Memphis with what I have read on this thread. Are you a fan of any particular team? What do you specifically know about East? What, if anything, do you know about Henry County? With what you do know, how do you see this game going? You seem to know what's going on, at least in Memphis, so I am interested in your response.

Red Warrior:

I am honored that you are interested in my response. You are correct in your assumption, I am from Memphis. My personal team of choice is the Whitehaven Tigers in 8-5A. Unfortunately, we finished 6-4 with losses to Germantown, Wooddale, and White Station in region play. The region wins against Kirby, Hamilton, Collierville, and Houston were not good enough to get us into the playoffs. Our fourth loss was to non-region Melrose losing to them 10-7 earlier in the season.

As far as my knowledge of East High school, I posted earlier in this very thread on October 20 what little knowledge I have of them. Go back to the first page of this thread and you will see what I had to say then. The only knowledge I have of Henry County is what I've read on CoachT. I have not seen either team play.

Other then that, I can only look at schedules and try to get a grasp on this matchup from there. I will start with Henry County. Henry County has played a very competitave schedule with all four losses comming against winning programs. Two were from 5A schools, One was from a 4A school and one was from a 3A team. I've gathered from reading on CoachT that Henry County is a pretty good team with a very athletic QB. Nice size linemen with decent depth. The offense can score points and the defense is decent. The most points you have given up in a game is 33. The least is 6 on two different occasions. Henry County has given up on average 16.8 points/game. On offense, the most they have scored in a game is 45 and the least they have scored in a game is 7. Henry County has averaged 27.1 points/game offensively.

East's four losses cam from teams that were winning programs as well. Two losses were from 5A schools and the other 2 were from 4A schools. From what I've gathered on East from reading on CoachT and from the Commercial Appeal, I know that East has a lot of team speed with some playmakers at the skill postions. I don't know anything about their OL or DL or depth. I know the most points allowed against them is 58. The least amount of points scored on them is 0. They have averaged giving up 23.7 points/game. The most they have scored in a game is 41 points. The least they have scored is 6, on two different occasions. They have averaged 25.1 points/game.

I don't know what kind of offense either team likes to run, nor do I know what kind of defense they employ. Of the four teams that Henry County had losses, I'm pretty sure that 3 of them (Ridgeway, Munford, & Jackson S. S.) are basically running teams. I don't know anything about Dickson Co. except that they are 8-2. Of the four teams that East has losses against (Wooddale, Melrose, and Fairley) are passing teams. Millington is a run oriented team.

I see Henry County as the favorite to win it. Both teams will score points. I think Henry County slows down East just enough to outscore them. I think East gets at least 2 TD's maybe 3. I think Henry County score 3 TD's maybe 4. IF East can score 4 times ... I think they win. I see the ball being moved up and down the field by both teams.

I don't see a blow out by either team. I don't see a shut out either.

Red Warrior:

I am honored that you are interested in my response. You are correct in your assumption, I am from Memphis. My personal team of choice is the Whitehaven Tigers in 8-5A. Unfortunately, we finished 6-4 with losses to Germantown, Wooddale, and White Station in region play. The region wins against Kirby, Hamilton, Collierville, and Houston were not good enough to get us into the playoffs. Our fourth loss was to non-region Melrose losing to them 10-7 earlier in the season.

As far as my knowledge of East High school, I posted earlier in this very thread on October 20 what little knowledge I have of them. Go back to the first page of this thread and you will see what I had to say then. The only knowledge I have of Henry County is what I've read on CoachT. I have not seen either team play.

Other then that, I can only look at schedules and try to get a grasp on this matchup from there. I will start with Henry County. Henry County has played a very competitave schedule with all four losses comming against winning programs. Two were from 5A schools, One was from a 4A school and one was from a 3A team. I've gathered from reading on CoachT that Henry County is a pretty good team with a very athletic QB. Nice size linemen with decent depth. The offense can score points and the defense is decent. The most points you have given up in a game is 33. The least is 6 on two different occasions. Henry County has given up on average 16.8 points/game. On offense, the most they have scored in a game is 45 and the least they have scored in a game is 7. Henry County has averaged 27.1 points/game offensively.

East's four losses cam from teams that were winning programs as well. Two losses were from 5A schools and the other 2 were from 4A schools. From what I've gathered on East from reading on CoachT and from the Commercial Appeal, I know that East has a lot of team speed with some playmakers at the skill postions. I don't know anything about their OL or DL or depth. I know the most points allowed against them is 58. The least amount of points scored on them is 0. They have averaged giving up 23.7 points/game. The most they have scored in a game is 41 points. The least they have scored is 6, on two different occasions. They have averaged 25.1 points/game.

I don't know what kind of offense either team likes to run, nor do I know what kind of defense they employ. Of the four teams that Henry County had losses, I'm pretty sure that 3 of them (Ridgeway, Munford, & Jackson S. S.) are basically running teams. I don't know anything about Dickson Co. except that they are 8-2. Of the four teams that East has losses against (Wooddale, Melrose, and Fairley) are passing teams. Millington is a run oriented team.

I see Henry County as the favorite to win it. Both teams will score points. I think Henry County slows down East just enough to outscore them. I think East gets at least 2 TD's maybe 3. I think Henry County score 3 TD's maybe 4. IF East can score 4 times ... I think they win. I see the ball being moved up and down the field by both teams.

I don't see a blow out by either team. I don't see a shut out either.

For a guy to have not seen either team play, you have a vast amount of knowledge of each team. Your breakdown is as if you have watched each team for ten weeks. Henry County has a good offense and can throw and run the ball with equal effectiveness. The defense is good but not great. The kicking game is pretty solid. What we hear about East is speed, athleticism, a great offense and a lot of quickness on defense. We understand they have improved a lot since the beginning of the season. Henry County has played its best games in the last two weeks of the season. How do you compare East to the Fairley team that came up here last year? What do you hear about the East kicking game?

TC,

I am from Memphis area and have seen many of these teams play. I...

I am unimpressed with Melrose this year and impressed with Munford and Fairley this year. I think that either HC or Fairley will come out of these two regions for the quarters.

Sleuthey,

I agree with you up to a point, about Melrose.

Melrose is very undisciplined and has an umpressive offense. Their ace-in-the-hole is their impressive defense, overall team speed and an abundance of playmakers...They're due for another breakout performance.

While I'm still predicting that Melrose will NOT make it back to the 'Boro, I would NOT bet any money on it. Why--because defense still wins Championships!

Melrose's sloppy, inconsistent, undisciplined play makes them look very unimpressive. In fact, other than a stout defense, you just really never know what you're gonna get with this young squad, from week to week. Therefore, its easy to dismiss them in favor of a more "impressive looking" team. Well, I want to issue a caution: Melrose's defense will keep them in ballgames. They will not be an easy "out!" On top of that, with their speed and playmakers...they're always just 1 play away (special teams and recievers, in particular), from taking it the distance and breaking open a tight game.

Beware: Melrose is a very dangerous opponent!

This year's Melrose squad is also an enigma. As such, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they didn't somehow manage to squeeze, scratch and claw their way back into the 4A Championship game! Seriously.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Melrose. Beat Hardin County.

After speaking with some friends at NS, this is what the YANKER knows about East. First of all, they have two QB's that can play. No one seems to know why they made the change from one to the other but they are both dangerous as runners and passers. They have excellent running backs with speed to burn all over the field. Their defense is athletic and active. Their kicking game is fair at best. They will be a formidible opponent. Most think they will score three TD's or more on HC but will have a hard time stopping you. This should be a fan's game with plenty of offense. The YANKER would like for the Memphis folks to let me know where I am right and where I am wrong...keep in mind, however, the YANKER is rarely wrong...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!

Edited by Yanker