7-4A vs 8-4A

:blink: Good one kwc! I like your style. I don't think we have chatted much since last years Melrose/Henry County game. But I guess I'll take a stab at it:

Round 1

Melrose (H) vs. JCM/Brighton = Melrose wins, too tough of a Defense for either team.

Henry County (H) vs. East/R.E. = Henry County wins with a high powered offense and a substantial enough D to get the job done.

Fairley (H) vs. JCM/Brighton = Fairley wins, again too tough for either team.

Munford (H) vs. East/R.E. = Munford wins with disciplined attack, they just find a way to win.

Round 2

Melrose (H) vs. Henry County = I really think this would be a tossup. Melrose seems vulnerable this year. A great defense is not enough to win a game versus a multi-faceted high power offense. Since I am Big Red through & through, Henry County wins.

Munford (H) vs. Fairley = as much as I would like for my Region 7 brethren to win, I don't think they can pull one out against a very stingy Fairley defense. Fairley wins.

Round 3

Henry County (H) vs. Fairley = Again a tossup, hard to predict this one. But I don't think that Fairley has seen the likes of the offensive weaponry that HC has. Henry County in a close one 21-17.

Oh how I would love to see it turn out like this!!!

Oh Drewcephus, I hope you have hit the nail on the head. I have heard east is much improved from early in the season. I think it will be a good game.

GO BIG RED!!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly, I think the East/Henry County game will be a really good game. Both teams are a lot better (potentially) than people think. That is a tough side of the Bracket with Melrose, HC, and East. I've heard a lot about Henry County and it seems it will be a real challenge. The winner will be primed for Melrose. Both teams have a much better offense than Melrose does. The pressure will be on them to stop those offenses. If East minimizes mistakes, they can score at will. I've heard that HC's offense is powerful. I know Melrose fans will point to the score from week 2, but trust me East is a totally different team. Fairley is much improved from last year. Remember, two points seperate Fairley and East from the 2nd and 3rd spot (Fairley won 8 - 6). East made a ton of mistakes that game offensively. Munford Fairley will be a great game. It will depend on how disciplined Fairley's defense plays against the wingT. Their success rate vs. Randall isn't that great. Predictions: I think the winner of the HC/East game comes out of the region 7 - 8 match up and goes to the semi's.

I for some reason went to the East-Mitchell game for a half the other night. East is improved but by no means a very sound football team, they can score on any given play but their Oline and Dline are ? for them. #1 and # 3 and #9 are weapons that could give HC fits, I did not see any answers for East as for stopping # 34 for HC. As I watched the first half, I was not impressed with East as a team, they did have some individual threats, but HC is too good of a team to get beat by individuals. As for Fairley beating HC, well they just might but last season they were nto nearly as physical as HC who scored more on Fairley than they did on anyone all of last year, From what I have seen in Region 8, Melrose has dropped down a little and Fairley has gotten a lilttle better to close the gap but as the East fans have stated, please continue your way of thinking, overlook those big dumb country boys. They may just stomp a mud hole out of you, I have heard that the Patriots want to revisit the Munford ball club.

Glad you could make one half of the game last week. You're observation is close to being accurate. East is still a work in progress. However, w/o a couple of mistakes here & there which all teams go through East is going to be a worthy opponent for whoevever it faces. Be ready for a great game. Or keep underestimating the Mustangs.

T.C.

Forgive me but isn't that the point to play the next week? East has talent never said they didn't, but if you look at the people we play everyone seems to have more talent than us so what's new, we'll show up and find a way to win. We have simple goals, play until we're put out or until nobody's left. I'm pulling for East this week but if East doesn't win they'll find us north on highway 51.

Trust me....

You don't want East north on Highway 51.

And you know that Cougar.... lol........

Get ready for R.E. Hope yall make it to round 3.

Good Luck.

T.C.

I am a big Henry Co. fan. I have stayed out of the conversation because I don't want to look past Northside. Northside is capable of pulling off any upset. They have a great team. It also looks as if the weather is not going to be the best for football conditions. HC is not looking past this week. We want a winning season, not a 5-5 record. NS needs to win to get to the playoffs, so a lot is at stake here.

As for East, I, for one, am certainly not underestimating them. They are similar to HC in that their record is not indicative of their true talent. HC fans, lets beat NS first. Then do not take East for granted. They have a great team. No, I have not seen them on film. First of all, we do not have public showings of game film. Secondly, they are one of those Memphis schools that do not trade. However, I have seen them in person, and they are tough. Let's take it one game at a time and hope we are still playing past the first round. Nothing is a guarantee. I guess I want the naysayers to think before they plan ahead. Yes, Big Red, I believe in you. However, I believe you and the coaches will be more realistic each week than the general fan base. Go Patriots!

I am a big Henry Co. fan. I have stayed out of the conversation because I don't want to look past Northside. Northside is capable of pulling off any upset. They have a great team. It also looks as if the weather is not going to be the best for football conditions. HC is not looking past this week. We want a winning season, not a 5-5 record. NS needs to win to get to the playoffs, so a lot is at stake here.

As for East, I, for one, am certainly not underestimating them. They are similar to HC in that their record is not indicative of their true talent. HC fans, lets beat NS first. Then do not take East for granted. They have a great team. No, I have not seen them on film. First of all, we do not have public showings of game film. Secondly, they are one of those Memphis schools that do not trade. However, I have seen them in person, and they are tough. Let's take it one game at a time and hope we are still playing past the first round. Nothing is a guarantee. I guess I want the naysayers to think before they plan ahead. Yes, Big Red, I believe in you. However, I believe you and the coaches will be more realistic each week than the general fan base. Go Patriots!

It is good to see you back on board my RRPrideful friend. Your self-imposed hibernation is over!!! This post seems to reflect a rather philosophical personality that the YANKER has not seen before. So, while the YANKER is happy about your return, my concern for you is rising!!!!!

I have not seen any of these teams play besides HC in Week 0 and Melrose in the jamboree...but I will offer some input. HC is a physical teama nd the QB is a stud, but I think if you contain him and keep 34 in check then you will win the game...Melrose's defense is good as usual, but they lack a big play threat without Cooper, but it is good enough to win them games (when you have that defense just put up about 14-18 per game and youve got it), but if they play a stellar offensive team I think they will be beaten...that being said HC is very dynamic, but I just don't knwo if they have the overall team speed to beat Melrose if they are to do it then they will have to be VERY physical up front and run right at them because there is no way to get outside on them. I would love ot see this matchup though it would be very interesting.

I guess I would agree with this. I still say Henry County will be in the semi's after they beat Melrose and Beat Munford again if they make it. How on earth did that Fairley team get to win any games. They were horrible last season.

My friends in Memphis say that they may have the best 4A team in Memphis at this point. They lost closely to Melrose and many think they are playing better than all of them lately.

My friends in Memphis say that they may have the best 4A team in Memphis at this point. They lost closely to Melrose and many think they are playing better than all of them lately.

No you dont have nay friends,

but I will agree with these folks you call friends, Fairley may indeed be the team to beat out of that region and Munford will have hteir hands full with them, I would rather play Melrose than Fairley at this point. I thnk our strength matches up better with Melrose than with Fairley.

I know Munford will be rooting for East High to win this Friday.

Because there is no way Munford High wants to get an early exit from the

Playoffs being that this is there first opportunity to play in the post season since....

I actually don't know when the last time the were in Playoffs so forgive me.

However, I know that they would rather play against Raleigh, so they could live to

play another week.

Ain't that right Cougar Mike

T.C.

I think you've got it backwards on Munford wanting to play East. I don't think East wants to come up the Highway. If I'm not mistaken, that is where Coach Randle came from and probably could take his new team to the next level and show East why he had so much success at East. As for early dismissal from the playoffs, East will probably exit before Munford. Then the question is the last time Munford was in the playoffs, it was 2001, Munford traveled to play East in the first round. And if my memory serves me correctly, East was favored by 35 points, and I think they only beat Munford by 6 points at the end. I think East under-estimated Munford then and still do to this day. But the tables are a little different this year, Munford has the "Coach" that knows and can win ballgames and CHAMPIONSHIPS! So East keep keep thinking Munford is still old losing Munford.