7-4A vs 8-4A

I told ya in an earlier post that East had some big guys that played tough & that they did. I was a little confused on what was wrong with our offense the 1st half of the game. Things just didn't jive right out there. But coming back from half time they got their moejoe going & played outstanding. A few calls from the reffs weren't fair (in my opinion). Some dropped or missed passes were heart breaking but, The Patriots showed that you can come from the bottom & end up on time with success. A GREAT COME BACK GUYS!

I'm still a firm believer in the fans making the noise for the guys. It gets them pumped up, incase no one noticed.

I COULDN'T BE PROUDER OF YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

Orange Mound HERE WE COMEEEEEEEE LIKE A STAMPEDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all east players, band & fans get home safe.

<_< ~~~~We are the Patriots~~~Mighty, Mighty Patriots~~~~~~ :lol:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been hard to stay caught up on here this week. I have just sat back and read. HC overcame alot in this game. We made many mistakes, but luckily enough so did East. We also overcame some of the worst officiating I have ever witnessed. Drew is right, we wont get a win at Melrose unless we shape up, learn from our mistakes, protect the football, and play as flawless as possible. Melrose defense will be fast, but I dont think they will have an answer for #34. Speed doesn't do you much good when your feet are in the air and Allen is dragging you behind him almost unnoticed. I look for HC to upset Melrose next week, and then I will be looking for the nearest exit. ;)

Edited by Patriotpride

lololololololololololololol :lol: lolololololololol :D lolololololololol

That has to be the funniest post that I have seen on Coach T.

A resounding you betcha....lolololololololol.

HC 38 East 6 ...lolololololololololol :thumb:

Man please. If 38 to 6 is the score it will most definately be in the Mustangs favor...

Please post Saturday If you can pull yourself together and wipe the girly tears away. :(

Man we are going to ...... Nuff Said!!!

T.C.

And oh yeah to borrow a phrase from eastmustang

respect is coming B)

I told ya they were good but you can be proud of your efforts and accomplishments you had a great year and your young staff has established a good foundation to build the future of East football on. Please give my congrats to Coach Wimmberly, his staff, and the players on all they've done. It was a real turn around from the beginning to the end of the season but that's what good football teams do they get better each week. Your still welcome to travel up highway 51, I'll buy the BBQ bologna and dogs. Go MUNFORD!!!

Edited by cougarmike

Hey that was a great game. It really could have gone either way. Both teams made a ton of mistakes and the officiating wasn't that great for either side. Being undisciplined on offense cost us the game. I wish Henry County luck next week. We had a great year and a good foundation for the future. We look forward to future battles with the Patriots and the rest of 7-4A.

Come on to the MOUND!!!!!!!!!!!! I am here twc , We had a great game tonight. offense scored 21 first quarte points. Well 14 had a td called back on a defensive pass interference. DB was holding the reciever when he went up for the pass and he slapped his hands off him and was called for pass interference. had another td taken away. final score was 34-22. I thought someone said they had the best wr in west tennessee did show me nothing. come on henry county.

Actually the recievers from hardin county did have a very good game. Also if i remember correctly one of them out ran the whole melrose kick off return team. When was the last time somebody ran a kickoff back against melrose?

Hey that was a great game. It really could have gone either way. Both teams made a ton of mistakes and the officiating wasn't that great for either side. Being undisciplined on offense cost us the game. I wish Henry County luck next week. We had a great year and a good foundation for the future. We look forward to future battles with the Patriots and the rest of 7-4A.

Very classy post, eastMustang. You are right about the mistakes and the officiating. Thanks for the "good luck."

No doubt, a very classy move by a East fan. Sorry the East - Munford battle wont happen for the fans in Binghampton but good luck next year and congrats on finishing the year better than you started.

That would be correct. Sam Shutt out ran the whole Melrose kickoff team for a TD. The other WR Hunter Deberry could not be stopped. He caught every ball he got close to and it took more than one defender to bring him down every time. As far as Melrose covering them.........well you must have seen a different game that I did because they were open all night long. Henry County if you can half way throw the ball that night you will light up those DB's.

Edited by SportzNut

That would be correct. Sam Shutt out ran the whole Melrose kickoff team for a TD. The other WR Hunter Deberry could not be stopped. He caught every ball he got close to and it took more than one defender to bring him down every time. As far as Melrose covering them.........well you must have seen a different game that I did because they were open all night long. Henry County if you can half way throw the ball that night you will light up those DB's.

SportzNut,

Melrose's secondary is undoubtedly its weakest defensive link, this year!

Yeah, Hardin County did a great job of passing the ball in the 3rd Qtr. They caught a lot of balls and managed to put together one great drive. Other than that, Melrose's (pass) defense stepped up and shut them down when it mattered most, near the Red Zone. They did this mainly via a better pass rush as opposed to superior coverage.

Here's my point: Melrose's pass defense usually bends but does not break.

Henry County may very well complete a lot of passes vs Melrose's secondary, but will probably find it much more difficult to sustain those drives and score touchdowns. Remember, there is a HUGE difference between racking up yardage and actually scoring Touchdowns.

Field Goals are not likely to be enough for HC, not with the way Melrose has opened up its offense. HC is gonna have to sustain multiple drives and score TOUCHDOWNS, if it expects to beat Melrose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is Henry County's secondary?

HC's secondary is gonna get tested to the max, Friday nite. They'd better be ready-- Melrose will likely pass the ball 70% of the time, AT LEAST!

Edited by TraderB

• 2 weeks later...

SportzNut,

Melrose's secondary is undoubtedly its weakest defensive link, this year!

Yeah, Hardin County did a great job of passing the ball in the 3rd Qtr. They caught a lot of balls and managed to put together one great drive. Other than that, Melrose's (pass) defense stepped up and shut them down when it mattered most, near the Red Zone. They did this mainly via a better pass rush as opposed to superior coverage.

Here's my point: Melrose's pass defense usually bends but does not break.

Henry County may very well complete a lot of passes vs Melrose's secondary, but will probably find it much more difficult to sustain those drives and score touchdowns. Remember, there is a HUGE difference between racking up yardage and actually scoring Touchdowns.

Field Goals are not likely to be enough for HC, not with the way Melrose has opened up its offense. HC is gonna have to sustain multiple drives and score TOUCHDOWNS, if it expects to beat Melrose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is Henry County's secondary?

HC's secondary is gonna get tested to the max, Friday nite. They'd better be ready-- Melrose will likely pass the ball 70% of the time, AT LEAST!

Trader b your post are usually thorough, but in some cases highly inacurate, it was obvious to the normal observer that Melroses could not stop the run, you seemed to think it would be the pass that hurt Melrose, Are you smart enough to know why Melrose could not stop the run for HC or are you going to blame it on injuries and so forth. There is a reason and I am just curious if you know why.