7-4A vs 8-4A

TraderB,

Your analysis was correct about last year and this year to a point. Last year we were good in the secondary, but very week in the front seven. This is why we had trouble with teams that spread us out. This year started off with much of the same. Craigmont was a start, but by no means were things completely corrected. I also felt the team gave up after that punt return vs. Melrose. Our offense is legit. Right now we can score on anyone if we cut our mistakes down. The defense will be the difference. You are right, they have not been tested. The coach has made quite a few adjustments to improve the defense. Especially after Millington. HC will be a true test, but I don't foresee the same outcome as last year. Offense is our strength this year, we know that. Remember they have to stop us as well. We learn from our mistakes. You can't run from your competition though. This is why we look forward to the challenge. We have not been completely happy with our performances lately, but we see the potential. We know what we have to do to win. You have to remember that there was only a 2 pt difference between us and Fairley. We weren't as good as we are now on either side of the ball. We will see Friday if we are a fraud. Thanks for you sarcasm though.

you know you sure have ran your mouth off by saying that hc is overlooking east. well my friend you and your pals seem to be underestimating HC. and quite frankly your disrepect for HC will change come this friday night. you talk a big game about this offense, Well we will just how good they are? Whether you believe it or not HC is pretty good too, just look at our sos rankings compared to yours.

Edited by Patriot Pride W.A.O.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TraderB,

Your analysis was correct about last year and this year to a point. Last year we were good in the secondary, but very week in the front seven. This is why we had trouble with teams that spread us out. This year started off with much of the same. Craigmont was a start, but by no means were things completely corrected. I also felt the team gave up after that punt return vs. Melrose. Our offense is legit. Right now we can score on anyone if we cut our mistakes down. The defense will be the difference. You are right, they have not been tested. The coach has made quite a few adjustments to improve the defense. Especially after Millington. HC will be a true test, but I don't foresee the same outcome as last year. Offense is our strength this year, we know that. Remember they have to stop us as well. We learn from our mistakes. You can't run from your competition though. This is why we look forward to the challenge. We have not been completely happy with our performances lately, but we see the potential. We know what we have to do to win. You have to remember that there was only a 2 pt difference between us and Fairley. We weren't as good as we are now on either side of the ball. We will see Friday if we are a fraud. Thanks for you sarcasm though.

East Mustang, great points.... I sincerely hope that you're right and I'm wrong in the assestment of East's true strength!

BTW, I was not being sarcastic. I was as sincere as I could ever be.

Good luck vs Henry County. :thumb:

you know you sure have ran your mouth off by saying that hc is overlooking east. well my friend you and your pals seem to be underestimating HC. and quite frankly your disrepect for HC will change come this friday night. you talk a big game about this offense, Well we will just how good they are? Whether you believe it or not HC is pretty good too, just look at our sos rankings compared to yours.

Sorry, not into rankings. Mean nothing. This is not the BCS. That is why we play the games. Win or go home. I have given HC there respect. I have stated that they are the best team in 7-4a in my opinion. I have also said the winner of this game will go on to the semis. That doesn't mean I am going to concede a victory for HC. You are the ones already talking about Melrose, not us. We have been looking towards HC for weeks. You are right, we will see Friday. We will show up to play some football. Trust me!

Sorry, not into rankings. Mean nothing. This is not the BCS. That is why we play the games. Win or go home. I have given HC there respect. I have stated that they are the best team in 7-4a in my opinion. I have also said the winner of this game will go on to the semis. That doesn't mean I am going to concede a victory for HC. You are the ones already talking about Melrose, not us. We have been looking towards HC for weeks. You are right, we will see Friday. We will show up to play some football. Trust me!

Read up in your earlier posts and you will see how you were talking about "beating melrose, and playing munford," therefore you have been talkin about melrose. Just thought I would point that out!

Yes we remember JCM. What was East's record, 10 - 1 at the time? In the playoffs, records mean nothing. Our offense will not get shut down like it did vs. JCM. Who cares about Melrose. They are not as good as people think. We WANT to play them again. Since then, we made tons of changes for the better. Remember, we did not have a Spring as you did. Our weight room and locker room could not be used in the summer due to construction (Now enjoying the benefits of a new weight room with actual weights and machines in it). Our first time in pads as a team was in August. Takes a while to see who can really play and for players to grasp a new system. I think they're getting it now. We WILL enjoy the playoffs. Don't worry!

eastMustang you seem to know your way around your program so I'll give you the respect of a non-sarcastic assesment of East chances against HC. Having seen them both my pick is HC. This is why, I believe even though your team is very talented you'll make the mistakes that will get you beat and HC will not. They to have talent with size, strenght, discipline and that is where the margin of victory will be found. If East plays a mistake free game and can make the big plays you can win. I understand with no wieght room and not having a sring practice can cause a team not to start a season up to speed but it does seem that they have found they're stride. I also agree that Melrose isn't as good this year as they've been in the past and I've predicted they will not make it past the second round. I just don't think you'll make it either.

All right MemCityCoach. I see you will not be goaded. You tease! LOL. I will have to sit back and wait won't I? As long as I have other City of Memphis folks to talk with on here about football, I'm good. Even though I was salivatin' just thinkin' 'bout those picks! ... :lol:

When you find time coach .... when you find time.

All right kwc it's time!!!! I locked myself away in my office and consulted with the greatest minds I know and here's what I got.

1st round

Melrose v Hardin Co.-Melrose but it'll be harder than it should be with Melrose's problems on offense.

Fairley v Brighton-Fairley the bulldog defense will contain Brighton's qb and run game.

East v Henry Co.-Henry Co. the mustangs are a year away from getting it together and making any serious run.

Raliegh Egypt v Munford- Munford coach Randall has got something going up there and I don't think he's done yet.

2nd round

Melrose v Henry Co.-Henry Co. this was the toughest of the picks. I would normally say Melrose with no problem but I think Melrose's offensive problems catch up with them in a heart breaker.

Fairley v Munford-Munford another tough pick. Fairley has the defense to win but Randall has something spooky going on up there and he has a good history against the bulldogs so I'll lean to the lucky over the good in this one.

3rd round

Munford v Henry Co.-Munford kwc this one could go either way but real men plant their feet and make the hard calls. Henry Co. has the better team even though Munford beat them in the regular season at home and this to will be at Munford so with home field and Randall I give the underdog the nod.

I think it'll be a short post-season for region 8 this year but all isn't lost in Memphis for Ridgeway will save the day!!!

Edited by MemCityCoach

Questions? Anyone and Everyone answer please.

Will Melrose discover an offense in time for the playoffs?

Is Fairley for real or are they just second best in a weak region?

How did Munford win region 7 and should I start to worry about end of times?

Who can stop Henry County?

Will it be another short stay for the 4's of the two region's?

What is the most likely upset?

Will the East-Munford match up happen?

What will be the best game?

#1 Fairley's for real but region is top heavy with Melrose, Fairley, and East.

#2 Don't sell your house and move to the wood's just yet-Well for those in Munford they're already in the woods but to answer your question your coach. He wins games he shouldn't we've known that for awhile down here.

#3 Either Melrose or Munford one of the two will beat Henry Co.

#4 No Sheffields in this bunch!! Sorry Dyersburg.

#5 Melrose-Henry Co. I've picked Henry to win because of Melrose's offensive problems.

#6 I would love to see that but no. East isn't going to make it out of the first round with Henry Co. Give the East program a year or two and they'll be a ready they're a young team this year with a lot of new faces.

#7 Melrose-Henry Co. or Henry Co.-Munford

Edited by MemCityCoach

I think it is hard to say who can beat who. The top seeds in both regions have not played any good team from the other region. Region 7-4a was more competitive as a whole, but that doesn't mean the top teams in region 7 are necessarily better than the ones in region 8. Friday will tell a lot. MemCityCoach is right about East. We are a young talented team, but we have enough veterans to pull us through if they step up and continue to lead the team as they have the last few weeks. Just saying that I would not concede victory so quickly to HC. Beware of an underdog that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. See you Friday. Get those bells ready HC. Respect is coming! :)

I think it is hard to say who can beat who. The top seeds in both regions have not played any good team from the other region. Region 7-4a was more competitive as a whole, but that doesn't mean the top teams in region 7 are necessarily better than the ones in region 8. Friday will tell a lot. MemCityCoach is right about East. We are a young talented team, but we have enough veterans to pull us through if they step up and continue to lead the team as they have the last few weeks. Just saying that I would not concede victory so quickly to HC. Beware of an underdog that has nothing to lose and everything to gain. See you Friday. Get those bells ready HC. Respect is coming! :lol:

I agree East is a young talented team with a bright bright future. Everyone is talking about East not being discipline and make many mistakes. They seem to be cutting down on the mistakes, and with that being said H.C. please be ready.

H.C. is going to have to be mistake free as well to win. I can't believe their record is 6-4 and they didn't make any mistakes... come on. That's probably how Munford beat them. I was not at the game but I'm sure they made some mistakes. However, I did attend the H.C. vs Ridgeway two years in a row in Henry County. AND I was not impressed at all.

That being Said Let's get ready for a great game. ANd Like EastMustang stated earlier. Respect is coming :lol:

T.C.

I agree East is a young talented team with a bright bright future. Everyone is talking about East not being discipline and make many mistakes. They seem to be cutting down on the mistakes, and with that being said H.C. please be ready.

H.C. is going to have to be mistake free as well to win. I can't believe their record is 6-4 and they didn't make any mistakes... come on. That's probably how Munford beat them. I was not at the game but I'm sure they made some mistakes. However, I did attend the H.C. vs Ridgeway two years in a row in Henry County. AND I was not impressed at all.

That being Said Let's get ready for a great game. ANd Like EastMustang stated earlier. Respect is coming :lol:

T.C.

TC,

I am from Memphis area and have seen many of these teams play. I agree with much of what you say. But that comment about NOT being impressed at all with HC is nearly laughable. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a Memphis team reach the boro from both 5A and 4A. But it won't be East. I can tell you that Ridgeway and probably most of its fan base WAS impressed with Henry County. Hard for me to believe that they have a 6-4 record, but they probably did make some key mistakes to lose the other 3 games. To date, they are probably the single most physical team the Ridgeway played all year. East could beat them, but it is unlikely if HC is playing well. They have plenty of atheletes to match what East will bring.

I am unimpressed with Melrose this year and impressed with Munford and Fairley this year. I think that either HC or Fairley will come out of these two regions for the quarters.