Ooltewah Moves To 9-0

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the guy was talking down about Ooltewah. Saying they were the worst 2nd team in the state that he has seen. Whats up with that. I don't know what game he watched but OR drove the ball 65 yards on the first drive and scored which I expected them to do considering their situation. OR finished with 105 yards total offense. Ooltewah had 300 and had the ball twice as long as OR. Ooltewah had 3 scores with fieldgoals. Turn those fieldgoals into TD's and Ooltewah wins 35-6. Anyway, I have tons of respect for OR but I just think he was out of line making those comments. Did you guys really think Ooltewah rushed the field? Half the guys on the team were cramping while walking to shake hands. Good luck OR and beat the Fairygut Admirals!

Well since you floks can't get over Farragut giving you a great game and beating you 3 out of the last 4 meeting's it's going to be hard to type this but here it goes.

I think you have a better team than # 1 Gallatin. Your size and speed will be an even match and the differnace will be the QB and secondary. If Gallatin is # 1 then I feel the owls have a real chance to make it to state if they can get past Farragut.

Keep up the Fairygut and guttless remarks and give those Admirals a reason to make it 4 out of 5! :justwrestle: hh_ltc_1.2.jpg

The Birds have had some close games go there way this year and or not dominating the better teams so watch the flying high and crowing out loud our your will fall as hard as you have the other years and the rest of us will be watching you eat crow again! But if you get out of the third round I will pull for the birds against the rest of the state.

Here's a question? Since this was suppose to be rebuilding year, what has lead you to an undefeated season?

Edited by rigger101

THE COACH has something to do with don't ya think??Ya ever heard of him? I got over Farragut beating us last friday night when we beat them. All year long we have heard how the Owls are overated..overated..overated... well hmm we are overated and 9-0. Then ya gotta hear how all the other teams are down this year. EXCEPT for WB and they just "get ROBBED" everygame. I stood by a guy at the fence last night at the OR game and listened to him whine about the coaching and how everyone better get OR now cause they are all young...bla..bla..bla...Ooltewah is very YOUNG. Most all of that entire team will be back next year. Sooooo that YOUNG OR team will be Playing that SAME young Owl team. But guess what...we will still have Coach Monroe and you will have well... the same coaching staff you have now. I still take the Owl situation anyday.Oak Ridge may not be used to losing ...Ooltewah is not used to the winning ...I think we can get used to it. With coach Monroe there we might as well :justwrestle:

Well since you floks can't get over Farragut giving you a great game and beating you 3 out of the last 4 meeting's it's going to be hard to type this but here it goes.

I think you have a better team than # 1 Gallatin. Your size and speed will be an even match and the differnace will be the QB and secondary. If Gallatin is # 1 then I feel the owls have a real chance to make it to state if they can get past Farragut.

Keep up the Fairygut and guttless remarks and give those Admirals a reason to make it 4 out of 5! :lol:hh_ltc_1.2.jpg

The Birds have had some close games go there way this year and or not dominating the better teams so watch the flying high and crowing out loud our your will fall as hard as you have the other years and the rest of us will be watching you eat crow again! But if you get out of the third round I will pull for the birds against the rest of the state.

Here's a question? Since this was suppose to be rebuilding year, what has lead you to an undefeated season?

Haha I have respect for Farragut. I saw how someone used the word Fairygut and thought it was humurous so I used it. No need to get your panties in a wad. Ooltewah returned 2 starters on defense and 2 on offense from last year. Wouldn't you call that a rebuilding year or a down year. This years team has surprised everyone, even coach Monroe. Ooltewah plays Farragut in freshman championship game this Saturday. Should be interesting. I wouldn't mind playing farragut again. You guys beat us 2 times last year and I want revenge. Good luck in the playoffs!

Haha I have respect for Farragut. I saw how someone used the word Fairygut and thought it was humurous so I used it. No need to get your panties in a wad. Ooltewah returned 2 starters on defense and 2 on offense from last year. Wouldn't you call that a rebuilding year or a down year. This years team has surprised everyone, even coach Monroe. Ooltewah plays Farragut in freshman championship game this Saturday. Should be interesting. I wouldn't mind playing farragut again. You guys beat us 2 times last year and I want revenge. Good luck in the playoffs!

Someone told me the other day that not only is Ooltewah's varsity team undefeated, but so are the freshman and JV teams. Is this true? If it is, then the rest of the region, if not the state, is in serious trouble.

Someone told me the other day that not only is Ooltewah's varsity team undefeated, but so are the freshman and JV teams. Is this true? If it is, then the rest of the region, if not the state, is in serious trouble.

VARSITY

Date Opponent Location Time Result

8-19 Cookeville Away 7:30 W 24-21

8-25 Rhea Co. Home 7:30 W 28-6

9-1 McMinn Co. R Home 7:30 W 24-14

9-8 Chattanooga Central Away 7:30 W 61-22

9-15 William Blount R Home 7:30 W 28-24

9-29 Bradley Central R Away 7:30 W 51-7

10-6 Heritage R Away 7:30 W 41-0

10-13 Farragut R Home 7:30 W 30-28

10-20 Oak Ridge R Away 7:30 W 23-6

10-27 Soddy Daisy R Home 7:30

R = Region Game

JUNIOR VARSITY

8-21 Walker Valley Away 5:00 W 46-12

8-28 Rhea County Home 5:00 Rainout

9-4 McMinn County Home 5:00 W 26-14

10-2 Bradley Central Away 6:00 W 48-8

9-25 Hixson Away 6:00 W 21-6

Freshman

8-19 Jamboree (Cleveland) Rhea Co. TBA W 8-0

8-21 Walker Valley Away 7:00 W 40-0

8-28 Rhea County Home 7:00 W 34-12

9-4 McMinn County R Home 7:00 W 48-0

9-11 Central Away 6:30 W 51-6

9-18 Cleveland Home 6:00 W 46-13

9-25 Gordon Lee Away 5:30 W 36-12

10-3 Bradley Central R Away 6:00 W 46-0

10-9 Sweetwater Home 6:30 W 36-12

10-16 Polk County Away 6:00 W 16-0

10-23 Soddy-Daisy R Home 6:00

GO VOLS!

Edited by ImaOWL

23-0 is pretty nice.

The coaching this year is what has led us to undefeated, no doubt. Plus the seniors are playing above expected.

BTW, Oak Ridge has the wierdest stadium ever. Not on campus, crackhouses up on the hill, gigantic away bleachers and funky home bleachers, and dogs barking during the national anthem. Not really bad, just very strange.

I loved last night. The refs played well(yes, the referees, I'm sick of bad referees but those guys were good), Ooltewah came out with great intensity in the second half, nobody got seriously hurt on that hit between both number 5s, we won the region, and I got a good dinner.

Only cons to playing Oak Ridge is how far away the field is from the Interstate, and the field. Spotted grass, mud, a little high, VERY sharp runoff, and that one puddle that almost killed two players. But the fans are cool. Definately still have my respect.

Go Owls(and Vols)!