Westview at Milan

bulldawgs#1

Of all times for Milan to nail the extra point :thumb:

Milan wins 7-0 in a hard fought game between both teams. Weather was nasty.

I noticed one of starting O lineman was out tonight. I believe it was Patterson. What's the status on his ankle?

Patterson should be alright. Pearson hurt his ankle as well I'm not sure how he's doing.

The weather favored Westview by taking away our passing game and making us play into the strength of their very good defense.

I don't think there was 150 yards of total offense.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patterson should be alright. Pearson hurt his ankle as well I'm not sure how he's doing.

The weather favored Westview by taking away our passing game and making us play into the strength of their very good defense.

I don't think there was 150 yards of total offense.

True.

The bottom line is we got the win and a home field playoff game next week. I"ll take it.

Rooster's giving up 30-35 lbs to Alred but he's done a heck of a job.

What's the word on Luke Jackson? Surgery or is going to be ok without it?

Major surgery was required to repair his knee. He tore every major ligament in it. They actually gave him a 50% chance to play again depending on how his rehab goes. He's already had the surgery and everything went well. Only time will tell what his future holds. He already said he would play again...and I believe him. He's just a sophomore this year, so he's got some time. Any prayers certainly wouldn't hurt.

Milan 38 Westview 0

Humboldt 23 Huntingdon 22

1. Humboldt

2. Milan

3. Westview

4. Peabody

I haven't showed much love to the Vikings this year, but was impressed with what I saw on defense against Westview. Even with Wardlow's knee down (and it was) they score on big plays again this week.

OK, so I didn't get the scores right (especially Milan/Westview), but I deserve a little love for successfully predicting the right order of teams leading into the playoffs. Also, big plays won it for Humboldt. According to the paper, of the five touchdowns, four were for 50+ yards. Good luck to all four teams!

Thank goodness this game was in Milan....It would have been a shame to see how torn up UTM's field would have been for their game with Eastern Illinois today...

Good Luck to both teams in the playoffs....

Milan's field held up well for the amount of rain over the last 4 days. The sidelines got muddy to say the least. I hope they have to stripe it for a four more weeks.