Dobyns Bennett @ Science Hill

let's talk matchups or postions so that this fan will know what to look for in the game...........

....What about matchups of Special Teams? Does Science Hill have any kick returns for TD's? What kind of year so far for your Punters & Kickers? Have Science Hill special teams given up any long returns(TD's) this year?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill has excellent kick and punt return teams. David Alexander has score 3 (maybe 4) punt returns for TDs including an 94 yard return against Sevier County. Solomon Duannah and Issac Kinley are very capable of returning any kickoff the distance and usually end up at least at the 30 yard. The kickoff team features those 2 as "gunners" and demand attention if you want an decent return. The punting team is probably the average at best but alot of that has to do with your punter. We tend to give up yardage for coverage but who doesn't in high school.

What about db?

AMEN TO THAT!

One thing that is perplexing to me is that the Toppers can have such great athletes and a great basketball program...but football struggles just to make the playoffs. That seems totally unacceptable for a school with such a deep athletic history and a former heisman trophy winner. What is the problem in J.C.?

Coaching

AMEN TO THAT!

One thing that is perplexing to me is that the Toppers can have such great athletes and a great basketball program...but football struggles just to make the playoffs. That seems totally unacceptable for a school with such a deep athletic history and a former heisman trophy winner. What is the problem in J.C.?

It's too easy to say coaching but the program as an whole needs to be face lifted and I thinking coaching changes may be the quickest way to get the job started in the right direction. There is too much apathy around and in the program. This team has done nothing to hang it's hat on and that astounds me when you look at some of the coaching jobs being done in this area. The teams that seem to me to be successful are the ones that have an identity on the offensive side of the ball. We know that Boone is going to run the ball and they continue to have succcess no matter who is carrying the mail. South does a good job of creating space for their qb so that he can make things happen. db has hung it's hat on it's defense to create opportunities for their offense to be creative in their playcalling. All these and a few not mention do things that have their fans excited about coming to watch them play and creates a buzz about the program. That's what's missing with this team because the coaches don't seem to generate any type of excitement within the program. Might be their ultra-control doctorine they have instilled, there seems to be no trust flowing from the coaches(not all) to the players and they use fear to try to control the players. This program has it shares of talent but it needs some heart and guidance from all that wants to see these kids be successful.

It's too easy to say coaching but the program as an whole needs to be face lifted and I thinking coaching changes may be the quickest way to get the job started in the right direction. There is too much apathy around and in the program. This team has done nothing to hang it's hat on and that astounds me when you look at some of the coaching jobs being done in this area. The teams that seem to me to be successful are the ones that have an identity on the offensive side of the ball. We know that Boone is going to run the ball and they continue to have succcess no matter who is carrying the mail. South does a good job of creating space for their qb so that he can make things happen. db has hung it's hat on it's defense to create opportunities for their offense to be creative in their playcalling. All these and a few not mention do things that have their fans excited about coming to watch them play and creates a buzz about the program. That's what's missing with this team because the coaches don't seem to generate any type of excitement within the program. Might be their ultra-control doctorine they have instilled, there seems to be no trust flowing from the coaches(not all) to the players and they use fear to try to control the players. This program has it shares of talent but it needs some heart and guidance from all that wants to see these kids be successful.

Wasn't it just a few short years ago that the Toppers went down to the Chattanooga area and got something like 60 scored on them? Was that under the current coaching staff?

I can confirm this, i was with LT himself tonight and Coach Propst was on the phone with LT making arrangements for a job for his parents and a nice 3 room apartment to make him eligible to play down in Hoover,Alabama. Roll BUCS, beat Tuscaloosa!!!

BS! First of all, his parents are not going to be lured because of a "job offer". Secondly, they are very much Big Orange fans and Alabama would be the last place they would move. Third, LT doesnt even start full time for DB. The Southeast has too many horses his age that are bigger, stronger and faster. Lets be honest, the state of TN is not a hot bed for college recruiters, let alone recruit a kid to play high school ball. Check the college rosters, you can count on one hand the TN boys. Indians, stay focused on the task at hand!

BS! First of all, his parents are not going to be lured because of a "job offer". Secondly, they are very much Big Orange fans and Alabama would be the last place they would move. Third, LT doesnt even start full time for DB. The Southeast has too many horses his age that are bigger, stronger and faster. Lets be honest, the state of TN is not a hot bed for college recruiters, let alone recruit a kid to play high school ball. Check the college rosters, you can count on one hand the TN boys. Indians, stay focused on the task at hand!

I dont think this is anything but a goof and I agree the state of TN is not a prospect hot bed but there are more on college rosters than you can count on one hand. Heck, there are probably more kids from Maryville, Brentwood Academy, or Riverdale on college rosters than you can count on one hand. And there are definately several impact players on big time programs...Warren from Alcoa starting TE on FSU (saw him some in the NC State game and he looked awesome) and Patrick Turner starting WR on a great USC team

Actually there are more in the NFL than you can count on one hand.

Go here and see: http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_NFL2005.htm