Dobyns Bennett @ Science Hill

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to D-B for the win tonight!

I have a comment concerning the game. If SH is mediocre and D-B is ranked #1 in the State, there is something bad wrong! I am not a defensive coordinator by any stretch of the imagination. But, I believe everybody knew what SH was going to run on offense. It was the same plays over and over! :D

Everyone in Kingsport is saying this is they're year to go all the way. I wish D-B the best of luck in the playoffs . . . I don’t think it is going to happen. :thumb:

Edited by PowrPlus

Congratulations to D-B for the win tonight!

I have a comment concerning the game. If SH is mediocre and D-B is ranked #1 in the State, there is something bad wrong! I am not a defensive coordinator by any stretch of the imagination. But, I believe everybody knew what SH was going to run on offense. It was the same plays over and over! :lol:

Everyone in Kingsport is saying this is their year to go all the way. I wish D-B the best of luck in the playoffs . . . I don’t think it is going to happen. :)

I said the exact same thing. But things could be fading away for the Indians. I certainly wish them the best.

I wouldn't say "should have", but I'd sure give you "could have". Takeaways from this game, we can compete with anyone, but we have to play smarter. Penalties at crucial moments and disciplined play beat us, but that is quite common at the high school level. When you play against the option you HAVE to follow your assignments or progression. When your job is to tackle the quarterback....GET HIS BUTT ON THE GROUND!!! That is hard to do, but you have to trust your teammates to do their job.

At any rate, it was an inspired and inspiring performance by SH. They should have built a degree of confidence after this game. They have to bring the same passion to Ooltewah. That is tough because they are not a "rivalry opponent".

BTW, congrats to DB! As much as I'd love to see SH beat them, I have a great deal of respect for their program. My sons tell me that their coaches always show them respect (SH players) and I know of instances where they have helped some of SH's players in their search for future playing opportunities. That is "keeping kids first". Oh....and we might be seeing you again!!!

Edited by ucfpunter9

I wouldn't say "should have", but I'd sure give you "could have". Takeaways from this game, we can compete with anyone, but we have to play smarter. Penalties at crucial moments and disciplined play beat us, but that is quite common at the high school level. When you play against the option you HAVE to follow your assignments or progression. When your job is to tackle the quarterback....GET HIS BUTT ON THE GROUND!!! That is hard to do, but you have to trust your teammates to do their job.

At any rate, it was an inspired and inspiring performance by SH. They should have built a degree of confidence after this game. They have to bring the same passion to Ooltewah. That is tough because they are not a "rivalry opponent".

BTW, congrats to DB! As much as I'd love to see SH beat them, I have a great deal of respect for their program. My sons tell me that their coaches always show them respect (SH players) and I know of instances where they have helped some of SH's players in their search for future playing opportunities. That is "keeping kids first". Oh....and we might be seeing you again!!!

I AGREE TOTALLY! And from what I am hearing (allegedly) there are a bunch of Ooltewah starters being suspended for TSSAA violations. I don't know. . . I've been hearing about it all week, but I can't find out anything for sure.

Ok DB fans, can you now give it up for Solomon Duannah as being the best running back in the area? Could you imagine the damage he could have done if the coaches can ever find a way to create a lil more space for him....Sylvester is looking good but Isacc Kinley (22) is an sophmore too....tell me a better yet raw talent you have seen carrying the ball this year....

Ok DB fans, can you now give it up for Solomon Duannah as being the best running back in the area? Could you imagine the damage he could have done if the coaches can ever find a way to create a lil more space for him....Sylvester is looking good but Isacc Kinley (22) is an sophmore too....tell me a better yet raw talent you have seen carrying the ball this year....

Solomon had a solid game, really starting to run "north-south". The best way to create space for him will be to get these teams out of the 8-9-10---and even 11 in the box defenses that we are seeing on almost every down. The short middle passing game (much what you saw DB do with Sensabaugh when we blitzed) will get those linebackers to play us "honest" and allow the blocking to seal off some lanes. The flair pass to Nat was totally absent last night and in recent games after being an integral part of the offense early in the year. Sometimes there just aren't enough "hats" to put on the defensive "hats" running the ball in between the tackles. I thought the line did an admirable job last night as well. A lot of DB defenders picking themselves up after plays. Solomon is really putting up some excellent 2nd effort on his runs, getting that extra yard or two and it led to a couple of first downs that he otherwise might not have gotten. Ball control is an overstated statistic, especially in HS. The more plays you run, the more likely an error will occur. We have to put a little doubt into the defense's posturing. Actually, I think we have seen improvement in the play calling, but I'd sure like to see some "checkoffs" at the line when the defense is well set for our play. I don't believe I've seen that all year....I'm not really sure that they have given AJ the power to do that.

Edited by ucfpunter9

"A lot of DB defenders picking themselves up after plays."

Yeah, too bad there were SH backs under them! :D

I think anyone who thought this Science Hill team would be a pushover was uninformed. They have size, they have speed and on a wet field when D-B had nothing but pride on the line, they played an inspired game and stayed within 2 touchdowns of Region 1's #1 team. Congratulations to the Toppers on a hard fought game and good luck against Ooltewah next week!

To our Indians, with the conclusion of an undefeated regular season, I can only say, "Fantastic!" After every game, the other side would say, but we have better backs, but our line is bigger, but our quarterback is better - and after every game, they were faced with going back and figuring out how they lost. This Indian team has more pride, more heart, more team chemistry, more ability to make each other better than any team I've been privileged to watch. :P We're proud of what you've accomplished!

Now, what do you say you strap it on and march to Murfreesboro!

Roll Tribe!

"A lot of DB defenders picking themselves up after plays."

Yeah, too bad there were SH backs under them! :lol:

I think anyone who thought this Science Hill team would be a pushover was uninformed. They have size, they have speed and on a wet field when D-B had nothing but pride on the line, they played an inspired game and stayed within 2 touchdowns of Region 1's #1 team. Congratulations to the Toppers on a hard fought game and good luck against Ooltewah next week!

To our Indians, with the conclusion of an undefeated regular season, I can only say, "Fantastic!" After every game, the other side would say, but we have better backs, but our line is bigger, but our quarterback is better - and after every game, they were faced with going back and figuring out how they lost. This Indian team has more pride, more heart, more team chemistry, more ability to make each other better than any team I've been privileged to watch. :lol: We're proud of what you've accomplished!

Now, what do you say you strap it on and march to Murfreesboro!

Roll Tribe!

Keep on pluggin'! You guys play a very disciplined game and the kids seem to know their "roles" in the scheme. They are deserving of their regional championship and hopefully will continue to play well in the playoffs.

There has been a lot of talk about our number 3 and 4 seeds being weak.......keep thinking that (that is not directed at DB, but some of the R2 folks out there)! We hope to see DB again.....Region 1 rocks!