BT Washington vs. Alcoa

tornadogold

I will not make any predictions, however, I will promise you one thing BTW will come to play the game. Last year they where terrible underestimated against Westview and had a very strong showing. After a long bus ride and playing in front of a hostile crowd, I cannot imagine BTW leaving Alcoa with a win. There is no way the city of Alcoa will "allow" an inner city school from Memphis to come all that way and win a ball game, No matter how well BTW plays. Just looking for Moral victories and filling the schedule against a very tough team. And by the way they do have some athletes and I would love to read the post after the game. I wish I could make the drive and support my Warriors but they did not pay me $4000 to come. Besides it is a measuring game for BTW. The last regular season game, why risk injuries? As for those Region 7 teams, lets see what happens when you have to come to South Memphis and play at BTW stadium in the first two rounds. Have you ever been in the middle of three housing projects, playing against the oldest African American school in the city? Expect a warm welcome!! Its funny how when people talk about Memphis Sports they always seem to put us down, but seems like all the NBA/NFL/MBL players are coming from the area. Also, after looking at Alcoa record it looks like East Tennessee teams are not doing that well against them either. Are they lacking discipline and bad coaching?

Are you a BTW fan? If so give us some info on the team. What type offense , defense , strengths and weaknesses? Tell us about some of their top players. I don't think a team can go 9-0 unless they are pretty decent. Folks here in Alcoa are hoping for a competitive game. I think I speak for most of our fans when I say we have seen enough of these games that are over by the 2nd quarter. Unfortunately , we have more of them coming up in the first couple rounds of the playoffs. Hope BTW has a safe trip over. ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ABSOLUTELY not true at least as far as next year goes. the ONLY games that have been set are the region games. Fulton may stay on the schedule, Boyd-Buchanan should be added and everybody is working to get the Maryville game moved to week 5 (this would require help from Heritage) another game could be scheduled at a neutral site against a west TN school but we will see....I would like to call out Catholic, Carter and any other East TN team that is getting better, we will still need one more game to fill the schedule. SO STEP UP!

Boyd Buc is adding Alcoa?

Atleast we would be keeping the really tough competition in our Class this time. ;)

Oh ya, Alcoa wins big.

Edited by reaction

Memphis has the best athletes in the state. Markus Covington(Mitchell 02) and Jonathon Youngblood(Carver 04) are two of the best three RBs I've ever seen in TN high school football. The QB that graduated from Carver last year was an exact clone of Micael Vick but a foot taller. These players will make amazing runs, great catches, and big hits but they look lost out there on the field. They are very poorly coached and very poorly disciplined. And yes I have been to the #5 most dangerous city in America between 3 or more housing projects several times and played on their concrete fields infront of 15 memphis fans.

Patrick Turner.Lamarcus Coker.Preston Brown.Golden Tate.Jamie Graham.Mark Fisher.None of those guys are from Memphis so I doubt they have the best!!!

Are you a BTW fan? If so give us some info on the team. What type offense , defense , strengths and weaknesses? Tell us about some of their top players. I don't think a team can go 9-0 unless they are pretty decent. Folks here in Alcoa are hoping for a competitive game. I think I speak for most of our fans when I say we have seen enough of these games that are over by the 2nd quarter. Unfortunately , we have more of them coming up in the first couple rounds of the playoffs. Hope BTW has a safe trip over. :lol:

The fact is BTW is a decent team. They have good athletes in key positions. Stephen Jones is a strong running back with excellent speed. Saftey Deandre Buford has 10 ints on the season. Their defense is strong and quick, led by Rodrecus Tucker and Marion Watson. The team has made a great turnaround from a 4-7 season first round playoff lost to Westview last year to a 9-0 season this year. Also, there is a different group of players when dealing with innercity kids. However we take the kids we have and make them better, kids from the neighborhood from a school with 650 students. Again, after the game I will like to see the comments.

You noticed I never insult Acola or any other team of kids becasue they are kids playing a game that they work hard at.

The fact is BTW is a decent team. They have good athletes in key positions. Stephen Jones is a strong running back with excellent speed. Saftey Deandre Buford has 10 ints on the season. Their defense is strong and quick, led by Rodrecus Tucker and Marion Watson. The team has made a great turnaround from a 4-7 season first round playoff lost to Westview last year to a 9-0 season this year. Also, there is a different group of players when dealing with innercity kids. However we take the kids we have and make them better, kids from the neighborhood from a school with 650 students. Again, after the game I will like to see the comments.

You noticed I never insult Acola or any other team of kids becasue they are kids playing a game that they work hard at.

Thanks for the classy post. We hope the kids from BTW have a safe/fun trip to a beautiful part of the state to a high school with a lot of tradition. They are just kids and this will be a good experience for them. Alcoa had better "strap" it on because I know they haven't seen athletes in a few weeks to be honest. Thanks

I will not make any predictions, however, I will promise you one thing BTW will come to play the game. Last year they where terrible underestimated against Westview and had a very strong showing. After a long bus ride and playing in front of a hostile crowd, I cannot imagine BTW leaving Alcoa with a win. There is no way the city of Alcoa will "allow" an inner city school from Memphis to come all that way and win a ball game, No matter how well BTW plays. Just looking for Moral victories and filling the schedule against a very tough team. And by the way they do have some athletes and I would love to read the post after the game. I wish I could make the drive and support my Warriors but they did not pay me $4000 to come. Besides it is a measuring game for BTW. The last regular season game, why risk injuries? As for those Region 7 teams, lets see what happens when you have to come to South Memphis and play at BTW stadium in the first two rounds. Have you ever been in the middle of three housing projects, playing against the oldest African American school in the city? Expect a warm welcome!! Its funny how when people talk about Memphis Sports they always seem to put us down, but seems like all the NBA/NFL/MBL players are coming from the area. Also, after looking at Alcoa record it looks like East Tennessee teams are not doing that well against them either. Are they lacking discipline and bad coaching?

For them to beat Alcoa, they need to do more than just come to play. I'm sure they have talent, but Alcoa has as much as anyone anywhere. Also, Alcoa has produced professional athletes recently and there could be more coming in the next couple of years. The reason why 2A teams in ET are not beating Alcoa is becuase no one in 2A can beat Alcoa. Outside of Loudon, their region is not that great but Alcoa has competed with the best in Tennessee and one of the best teams in America (Maryville). I'm not sure how well BTW could compete with Fulton, Maryville, and McCallie---but again, no one else in 2A could compete with them either.

Alcoa wins 49-12

It will be no contest. I really doubt the 1st place team in 8-AA would make the playoffs in 7-AA. Last year Carver was the team to beat in 8-AA and we (Huntingdon) were good enough to beat them in the 2nd half for the win in the 2nd round.

Why did both schools schedule this game so late in the year? Is it a return game for Alcoa to go to Memphis next year?

Alcoa... 49-6.

This game was scheduled because Alcoa needed another contest. Last year Alcoa went to Kentucky for the 1st game of the season. The Kentucky game was dropped and Alcoa scheduled BTW in this slot.

Thanks for the info. Classy post. As I said before , I look forward to a good game. It should be a measuring stick for both teams as they compare potential playoff opponents. :rolleyes:

Edited by Coalman

Well the team is off, and we are about to get a measuring stick to see how good we really are. Hopefully I can get some words on how the game is going throughout the game. So if any your kind people would post information about how the game is going or went for us who where unable to attend, it will be greatly appriciated.