Temple versus Grace

nathan4322

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for "Pasture" i think he is talking just a little bit to much right now. As you can see he has only been on CoachT for a couple of months so please don't think to much of anything he says. Not everyone that has something to do with Temple and who have been at Temple for a long time are like this. We are very thankful for everything we have been blessed with, and we all know that this football season has been a dream season for those 11 seniors. They have taken some physical whippings over the past 4 seasons but everything is paying off this year. You can ask anyone at Temple, those 11 kids are why we are the team we are! They are the backbone of this team, not the fans, the teachers, the administration, and not the coaches. These guys deserve this, and they deserve to go out with a bang. You seniors are the reason we are who we are, and I personally want to thank you for doing what you do.

You "apologize" for Pasture? What exactly is it that you are apologetic about? :)

I am sorry... For some reason I was under the impression that this was a messageboard. Am I mistaken? If I was in the pool at a pool party would you feel the need to say that I am swimming too much? :(

Can you tell me (really, I do not know) why my tenure on this message board as "Pasture" affects the validity or value of my comments? Why do you think that I have only been here for a couple of months? (Shhhhh... Don't tell anybody but I have really only been on here since October 2. They will stop reading my posts if you tell them) Must everyone conform to your idea of what is acceptable? :)

Going back and looking at the 2003-2005 schedules it looks like they dished out far more whippings then they received. You talk like this is the first year they have even done anything. Last year with a 6-5 record they went for the first time to the state playoffs. The year before that I do not think they were even eligible but they had a 7-2 record at the end of the season. You are right though there were a couple of times that the other team scored a lot more points like Sequatchie and Trousdale did against us last year.

I agree with you that the seniors have been a great factor in the success of the team but you may be over stating it just a little. Why can't you just say that the 8 of the 11 seniors have been playing for the last four years and have been workind hard to arrive at this place. Do you really mean to say that it is all abou them and that there are not other players on the team that have contributed to the success like Mitch Beard, Seth Wadley, Joey Skogen, etc.? Did you really understand what you were saying when you excluded the coaches (not to mention the fans, administration, etc.) from their equation for success. It is foolish to think that those eleven players did this all by themselves. You have drastically overlooked the contribution of Temple's coaches. The difference between winning and losing often is a fine line crossed only by excellent coaching. Honestly, Temple would never have beaten South Pittsburgh without the coaching.

Baby, do not just give love to the seniors, spread it around. The team is bigger than just its players.

WHAT IS TEMPLES RECORD?DID YOU BEAT SOUTH PITT?WHAT WAS THE SCORE?

Temple's record is 9-0

Yes and the score was 53-20

But since I have only been posting on here a short time you might want to waith for someone more credible to reply ;)

Seriously just let it go! The only people we have to answer to is the TSSAA, period. Let everyone think what they want!

But I cannot just let people think what they want. As a crusader I am on a crusade to clean up stinking thinking so the world will be a better, happier place.

You should smile a little more often. :(

You "apologize" for Pasture? What exactly is it that you are apologetic about? :)

I am sorry... For some reason I was under the impression that this was a messageboard. Am I mistaken? If I was in the pool at a pool party would you feel the need to say that I am swimming too much? :(

Can you tell me (really, I do not know) why my tenure on this message board as "Pasture" affects the validity or value of my comments? Why do you think that I have only been here for a couple of months? (Shhhhh... Don't tell anybody but I have really only been on here since October 2. They will stop reading my posts if you tell them) Must everyone conform to your idea of what is acceptable? :)

Going back and looking at the 2003-2005 schedules it looks like they dished out far more whippings then they received. You talk like this is the first year they have even done anything. Last year with a 6-5 record they went for the first time to the state playoffs. The year before that I do not think they were even eligible but they had a 7-2 record at the end of the season. You are right though there were a couple of times that the other team scored a lot more points like Sequatchie and Trousdale did against us last year.

I agree with you that the seniors have been a great factor in the success of the team but you may be over stating it just a little. Why can't you just say that the 8 of the 11 seniors have been playing for the last four years and have been workind hard to arrive at this place. Do you really mean to say that it is all abou them and that there are not other players on the team that have contributed to the success like Mitch Beard, Seth Wadley, Joey Skogen, etc.? Did you really understand what you were saying when you excluded the coaches (not to mention the fans, administration, etc.) from their equation for success. It is foolish to think that those eleven players did this all by themselves. You have drastically overlooked the contribution of Temple's coaches. The difference between winning and losing often is a fine line crossed only by excellent coaching. Honestly, Temple would never have beaten South Pittsburgh without the coaching.

Baby, do not just give love to the seniors, spread it around. The team is bigger than just its players.

Temple's record is 9-0

Yes and the score was 53-20

But since I have only been posting on here a short time you might want to waith for someone more credible to reply ;)

I had a feeling this was gonna get ugly! I guarantee you if you asked Kevin Skogen or Steve Beard about this team, they would give all of the credit to the players! They have been the two coaches that started this team and they have done a great job, but anyone could ask them and they would tell you that it takes great players and good leadership to win ball games, and that comes from your seniors. As far as what I said about these seniors taking some beatings I was referring to physical beatings. These kids started both ways as freshmen and were much smaller and physically weaker than everyone they played. Im not taking any credit away from the other players on this team, the 3 you mentioned are very important and very valuable to our success. All im saying is that those seniors are the foundation of a 4 year plan. People won't realize how great this Senior class was until next year and the year after, and the year after. Because as bad as i hate to say it, Temple's football program is going to struggle for a while. This type of talent and dedication by one class doesn't come along to often.

You sound more like someone who is/was a Southeast Whitfield fan and you are having a hard time dealing with two ball players leaving there. You talk as though you think you know specifics but you continue to express generalities.

Does Temple recruit or do you just "know" that it goes on so Temple must do it also because everyone is doing it? Why does it matter if you know our coaches, their coaches, and their coaches' coaches and their coaches' brothers' sister-in-law's uncles' cousin's daughter-in-law's best friend's daughter's father's coaches?

You talk about who you know but you do not talk about what you know. You mention all these coaches as though that is conclusive evidence on its own. I know the coaches at Temple, that is why I continue to contend with you about the recruiting issue. Every coach is well aware of the TSSAA definition of recruiting. If I am not mistaken, coaches must attend TSSAA training before they can coach at that level. I will admit that a coach may ethically operate close to the line of what is or is not defined as recruiting but I doubt seriously that any Temple coach has crossed that line. I am not saying they have not but until someone proves it, I am going to believe the best about them (You know about that whole innocent until proven guilty thing) and I suggest you relax and do the same.

As good as these two athletes have turned out to be, I am sure that there are people who were/are unhappy about them leaving. Temple would feel the same way I am sure.

As far as being the voice of Temple, I understand from at least one poster from Temple that they wish I would shut up :(

Again manure keeper you must not keep up with old post .Single-a ga. ball is where I coach and my two sons play.Figure out the rest ON YOUR OWN. You know coaches I ASSOCIATE WITH THEM, coach with and against them and and also friends with most of them. Which I am sure they too wish you would shut-up.Take a hint the big beef is not with you its brewing elsewhere.If I can prove a school is affecting my players you better beleive I would. I have rules in front of me. I WOULD IN A MINUTE . Like you said some border the line some are blatant.Listen to (go fish) let it go its not about you.See you gotta go south for a ballgame

You sound more like someone who is/was a Southeast Whitfield fan and you are having a hard time dealing with two ball players leaving there. You talk as though you think you know specifics but you continue to express generalities.

Does Temple recruit or do you just "know" that it goes on so Temple must do it also because everyone is doing it? Why does it matter if you know our coaches, their coaches, and their coaches' coaches and their coaches' brothers' sister-in-law's uncles' cousin's daughter-in-law's best friend's daughter's father's coaches?

You talk about who you know but you do not talk about what you know. You mention all these coaches as though that is conclusive evidence on its own. I know the coaches at Temple, that is why I continue to contend with you about the recruiting issue. Every coach is well aware of the TSSAA definition of recruiting. If I am not mistaken, coaches must attend TSSAA training before they can coach at that level. I will admit that a coach may ethically operate close to the line of what is or is not defined as recruiting but I doubt seriously that any Temple coach has crossed that line. I am not saying they have not but until someone proves it, I am going to believe the best about them (You know about that whole innocent until proven guilty thing) and I suggest you relax and do the same.

As good as these two athletes have turned out to be, I am sure that there are people who were/are unhappy about them leaving. Temple would feel the same way I am sure.

As far as being the voice of Temple, I understand from at least one poster from Temple that they wish I would shut up :)

As far as being the voice of Temple, I understand from at least one poster from Temple that they wish I would shut up :(

You make sound like the coaches know the tssaa rules, I am just wondering how Greg Brown could be named the boys head basketball coach after coach Waddly resigned to go to McCallie and then before he starts he is told he can't be the head coach because he hasn't graduated from college yet or he doesn't have 5 years coaching experience that would qualify him to be a head coach. Actually he was not even suppose to be the girls head coach last year and he was, did they not know this or did they just go ahead and do it any way. In fairness I think they did not know this and maybe it is the same with the recruiting rules. You also said that that maybe the coaching staff " ethhically operate close to the line of what is or is not defined as recruiting". It is funny that you mention that because it is the same thing that a siverdale fan posted on here when we where talking about coach Allen and all the transfers that silverdale has. The line is very clear in the the tssaa handbook about recruiting there is no way to skirt or dance around it. Really what you and the silverdale fan are saying is that the coaching staff knows enough about the rules that they know how not to get caught.

Edited by T N T

I had a feeling this was gonna get ugly! I guarantee you if you asked Kevin Skogen or Steve Beard about this team, they would give all of the credit to the players! They have been the two coaches that started this team and they have done a great job, but anyone could ask them and they would tell you that it takes great players and good leadership to win ball games, and that comes from your seniors. As far as what I said about these seniors taking some beatings I was referring to physical beatings. These kids started both ways as freshmen and were much smaller and physically weaker than everyone they played. Im not taking any credit away from the other players on this team, the 3 you mentioned are very important and very valuable to our success. All im saying is that those seniors are the foundation of a 4 year plan. People won't realize how great this Senior class was until next year and the year after, and the year after. Because as bad as i hate to say it, Temple's football program is going to struggle for a while. This type of talent and dedication by one class doesn't come along to often.

Hey it is still looking pretty good on this side of the screen. It does not have to get ugly unless you want it to. I don't. :)

I agree with everything you said, now. :(

Temple has never had a program. They have only been building a team. If they were building a program we would not be rebuilding next year, we would be reloading.

Edited by Pasture

Slick Rick says it's gonna be nasty tonight at Grace School. Grace School is going to get peppered all night long. Slick Rick says Grace School will look like peppered pickles when Slick Rick's Crusaders get done with them. Good luck tonight Crusaders. Represent well. Slick Rick says the weather may slow Slick Rick's Crusaders down just a bit, but it still won't be close.

Hey it is still looking pretty good on this side of the screen. It does not have to get ugly unless you want it to. I don't. :)

I agree with everything you said, now. :(

Temple has never had a program. They have only been building a team. If they were building a program we would not be rebuilding next year, we would be reloading.

I can agree with that, but I can also tell you that is not the coach's fault. That can be traced back to the administration not putting the time or the money into the program 4 years ago. But that seems to be a pretty sensitive subject so we'll just leave it at that. Nonetheless this is a good football team and I hope they win the whole thing. This group of players deserves it and Coach Skogen and Coach Beard deserve it as well.