Boone vs Morristown East

BIGR35

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I can feel for the Morristown crew and their field, but play the game tonight. We played West in our first playoff game on a Saturday because "it was too cold and might snow". Next night, snow early in the day (no accumulation though) and much colder than the night before.

Get it over with, I know you guys really need another field down there, but nothing can be done right now. Unless I hear something about lightning, game on my friends, prepare the washing machines to clean out some orange jerseys and some white jerseys.

Meh, I can feel for the Morristown crew and their field, but play the game tonight. We played West in our first playoff game on a Saturday because "it was too cold and might snow". Next night, snow early in the day (no accumulation though) and much colder than the night before.

Get it over with, I know you guys really need another field down there, but nothing can be done right now. Unless I hear something about lightning, game on my friends, prepare the washing machines to clean out some orange jerseys and some white jerseys.

You obviously don't realize how bad this field is right now. Maybe the Trailblazers should just come on down. I am sure they will be happy to play for the chance at a home play-off game on that cesspool of a field. I just hope and pray nobobdy gets hurt.

You obviously don't realize how bad this field is right now. Maybe the Trailblazers should just come on down. I am sure they will be happy to play for the chance at a home play-off game on that cesspool of a field. I just hope and pray nobobdy gets hurt.

It's football. There's a chance of getting hurt everytime you play. Just ask Boone's running backs about that when they played Volunteer on a perfect field. Crockett's field was a mudhole last week and no one got hurt because of it. Maybe some of the East fans saw that game and are afraid of playing Boone in those conditions. Play on Friday night or move the game earlier in the week so people that work and have kids can change their schedule around.

Boone-26

East-17

Edited by mikey65

It's football. There's a chance of getting hurt everytime you play. Just ask Boone's running backs about that when they played Volunteer on a perfect field. Crockett's field was a mudhole last week and no one got hurt because of it. Maybe some of the East fans saw that game and are afraid of playing Boone in those conditions. Play on Friday night or move the game earlier in the week so people that work can and have kids can change their schedule around.

Boone-26

East-17

I don't care when they play the game. Of course there is a chance of getting hurt everytime you play, I just believe there is A MUCH BIGGER RISK of someone getting hurt on that field. Anwyay good luck to both teams.

The field is bad and mud is tough to play on, but a muddy field does not necessarily mean there will be more injuries. The players will be concentrating on their footing and will not be able to get set for the hard hit. The plastic may help some, but they should have covered the entire field and not just between the hashes. I guess the decision should have been to play last night instead of waiting for tonight (last night would have been a perfect night for football). I know that would have changed the game week, but it would have been better than playing tonight.

The only positive is both teams have to put up with the field. Advantage no one. Good luck to both teams and hopefully no one will get hurt.

For once I am glad West is playing away tonight (Cocke Co's field is said to be pristine, but with all this rain I doubt it).